Santa got me a yak!

Post anything relating to Kayak Fishing, if you have ideas on other topic areas lets hear'em
cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Santa got me a yak!

Post by cvstrat »

Out of nowhere the fiance ordered me my first kayak. I'm pretty stoked! I won't really be able to take it out until Thursday since I haven't gotten a PFD, radio, or paddle yet. I'm pumped to take it out and get used to paddling in it. Hope to get some fishing in on it soon! I'll contribute reports as they come about. Also if anyone ever wants to get out between Miami and Boca let me know. I could use some help getting started!

gdm phil
SHARKER

Re: Santa got me a yak!

Post by gdm phil »

looks good im debating on buying one myself
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Very nice. Looks like a Tridet 11 Angler? Just so ya know, a PDF and audio signaling device such as a whistle or air horn are the only things required for a yak during the day. A VHF is a good idea and so is a flag, but they're not required. You might want to make some rocket launcher style rod holders to put into your flush mounts behind the seat to keep your reels a little dryer from spray in the ocean. Check out the paddle craft section of florida sportsman, there's a lot of great yak reports and how tos. You'll def be able to find a tag along with guys who regularly go offshore from Dania, Pompano or Boyton. Tight lines.

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by cvstrat »

Yeah that's the one. The pfd and paddle and whatnot won't be here till Thursday sometime. I'm planning on launching at Dania and cruising close to shore to get used to it. If I were to troll one lure around a bit just for the hell of it what would you recommend?

Phil you should get one!

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

You can't go wrong with an XRap or some type of plug. My buddy has success trolling small metal spoons for Mack's and blues. I've never tried to target them so I can't comment on that but I know he catches em.

linh
KING MACKEREL

Post by linh »

Lets see that bike! :D

Dragon
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Dragon »

Check out the 'South Florida Kayak Fishing Club' on meetup.com.

Return to “Yak-Addict-Info and how tos”