Mexico Beach, FL new report, Aug 21, 22nd

Escambia - Pensacola - West Pensacola, Santa Rosa - Munson - Bagdad - Oriole Beach, Okaloosa - Destin - Fort Walton Beach, Walton - Paxton - De Funiak Springs - Miramar Beach, Holmes, Washington, Bay - Panama City - Panama City Beach, Jackson, Calhoun, Liberty, Gulf - Port St. Joe, Franklin - Apalachicola - Lanark Village
salvadorsanchez
Old Salt

Mexico Beach, FL new report, Aug 21, 22nd

Post by salvadorsanchez »

Got to the beach Friday around 6pm. Caught pinfish and a few croaker from the surf for an hour or so.(no whiting again which is extremly odd!!!!) Rough seas. Stayed on the pier for Sat. and Sunday. Got to the pier Sat at aBout 630AM. Caught pinfish for my bait with fresh shrimp. Caught a blue fish, about 3 lady fish that literally gave my jigmaster a run for it's money. 2 of the lady fish were like 2 feet long or better, huge, to me. Cut them in medallions and caught a few small black tips, all were released. Finally hooked into a 4 foot black tip. Thanks to Bolo, the Jigmaster had no problem. Walked him down to the beach. Kept him. Caught and kept about 8 croaker as well for the guys at work that wanted some. Tossed my Gotcha but no mackeraL. Saw a guy catch one Spanish MACK. Oh, caught about 3 big gaftails, alot of them were being caught and 3 hardheads, all were released. Guy caught a 60 lb Tarpon Sat night, released. Sunday about the same, with the exce[ption of a 4 and a half foot blacktip that took my jigmaster strAIGHT out to sea for about 130 yards. After 1 hour of a stand still, I got him in. The Senator 6/0 did nothing, the squidder caught a few and the 550 SS Penn was too small, minus the croaker I caught from it, all off fresh shrimp. The 2nd 4 and a half foot BT was caught off a butterflied pinfish..No kids this weekend!!!! Thanks again Bolo, LOVE the jigmaster!!!

All my best

Jay
"I had to punch him, he was starting to make sense"

Return to “NW Florida all Countys”