First Cobia caught off pier

Escambia - Pensacola - West Pensacola, Santa Rosa - Munson - Bagdad - Oriole Beach, Okaloosa - Destin - Fort Walton Beach, Walton - Paxton - De Funiak Springs - Miramar Beach, Holmes, Washington, Bay - Panama City - Panama City Beach, Jackson, Calhoun, Liberty, Gulf - Port St. Joe, Franklin - Apalachicola - Lanark Village
Green Tide
SHARKER

First Cobia caught off pier

Post by Green Tide »

This guy Richard at work tells me his son Ryan caught the first cobia off the pier this year. Since that is a fairly large accomplishment I thought I would challange him since I had heard on our morning fishing show that some guy named Charles caught the first. Along with bragging rights there was a 12ft caloosa bait net to be given as a prize.
I stopped by the tackle shop that had the net and the owner says yea some guy named Charles called in and claimed the prize and had his pic posted.
Later that morning when I saw Richard I questioned him and he sticks with his sons story. I told him a guy named Charles claimed the net and pic. So Richard call his son while I am still there and Ryan says yea I caught the fish and gave it to my friend Charles...
Richard and Ryan were not aware of the net prize and that Charles was making this false claim. Ryan has not been able to get up with Charles for several days now.
Good fishing buddy huh!!!

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Re: First Cobia caught off pier

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Nice Friend
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

bullbusters
Weekend Warrior

Post by bullbusters »

wow.. thats pretty messed up.
http://www.facebook.com/Bullbuster.mono ... shing.line
https://plus.google.com/107013063084498996341

Bullbuster USA Fishing Line - Premium brand direct fishing lines (50% off retail pricing).

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

that's gotcha he 's a crook Rebbel (Scott) told me about him .he should be ban from this forum he stole a lop top from Scott. :mad:

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

he have been very lucky :? he post pic after all he got bolls :evil:

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

permitchaser wrote:that's gotcha he 's a crook Rebbel (Scott) told me about him .he should be ban from this forum he stole a lop top from Scott. :mad:
What are you talking about ? The poster is referring to the first cobia caught this year on Dan Russel pier in the Panhandle. How you equate that to Gotcha's cobia he posted saying he caught it on Deerfield is beyond me. The cobia Gotcha posted was caught on Deerfield and it is probably not even in the top 30 cobia caught this year on Deerfield pier. Dam Russell and the Panhandle piers get their cobia run this month and it is a huge deal up north for them. That is why they give away a 12 ft net for whomever catches it .
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Return to “NW Florida all Countys”