Chocoloskee island and causeway

Including Charlotte county - Port Charlotte - Punta Gorda, Glades County - Moore Haven (County Seat) - Palmdale Lee - Cape Coral - Fort Myers - Lehigh Acres - Sanibel - Pine Island - Bonita Springs, Hendry County, Clewiston, Collier County Immokalee - Naples
Leadslinger
Old Salt

Re: Chocoloskee island and causeway

Post by Leadslinger »

Absolutely man. God only knows how many parts and pieces of nets are in there, a few weeks ago when we had the super low tides you could see some on the bay side. I've snagged a few dollars worth of gear on that mess.

It wouldn't bother me at all to have them checking down there more often.

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

Not exactly the right thread but for those who are interested, tarpon are heavy in the Baron River thru town right now. Stopped for a few minutes after fishing some canals off 41 earlier tonight and they're crashing mullet hard. Word of mouth says the snook are nailing DOA and live shrimp as long as you can stand the mosquito bites.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Hey Lead, they hitting topwaters? Are the mullet thick at your spots yet? I wish I could make it out, but I am tied up the last "free" weekend I got this month lol

-swordfish

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

Not sure buddy, I was just out for a stroll. Walking over later tonight so I'll let ya know.

lkatze2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by lkatze2 »

hey lead
thanks for the heads up on the tarpon. only problem, like you said, i am real adverse to mosquitos and no seeums. especially those saltwater mosquitos, they are mean and will even eat you up in the middle of the day.

Return to “SW Florida all Countys”