Newport Fishing Pier 2013-14-15 "Reports Only"

Boatless Fishing Reports for Dade County, Miami Beach
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Newport Fishing Pier 2013-14-15 "Reports Only"

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Thanks for the fishing reports :toast:
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

dmiles312
Fisher

Re: Newport Fishing Pier 2013 "Reports Only"

Post by dmiles312 »

what has been goin on in newport anybody catchin ? :?: :?: :?:

bigtruckboi
Fisher

Post by bigtruckboi »

going out today lots of blue runners last weekend :happyfisherman:

StoneJackBaller
Seasoned Fisher

Post by StoneJackBaller »

I was up there last night just to check it out. People were catching small blues and tiny cudas. I was there at 10:00pm for about 1/2 hour seen maybe 5 fish caught. Mostly using cut bait looked like squid.

I went back around 12:30am (had to drop the wife off she didn't want to sit and chill for a bit) Seen maybe 5 more fish caught in an hour. Seems the guy catching the most was using a hand line (that you're not allowed to use there). Thinking of maybe going back tonight with some rods.
We're sorry to kill you, Brother. Forgive us. I do honor to your courage, and speed, your strength...

Herbivores ate well cause their food didn't never run

hardcorefisherman
Weekend Warrior

Post by hardcorefisherman »

StoneJackBaller wrote:I was up there last night just to check it out. People were catching small blues and tiny cudas. I was there at 10:00pm for about 1/2 hour seen maybe 5 fish caught. Mostly using cut bait looked like squid.

I went back around 12:30am (had to drop the wife off she didn't want to sit and chill for a bit) Seen maybe 5 more fish caught in an hour. Seems the guy catching the most was using a hand line (that you're not allowed to use there). Thinking of maybe going back tonight with some rods.

does it get really pack at night or not many people after midnight?
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad. :(

StoneJackBaller
Seasoned Fisher

Post by StoneJackBaller »

all the benches at the T were full with people in between them at 1:20am when I left.
We're sorry to kill you, Brother. Forgive us. I do honor to your courage, and speed, your strength...

Herbivores ate well cause their food didn't never run

Crusader84
Fisher

Post by Crusader84 »

Handline?!?!

Seems like Newport is regressing back to that place I used to know as a kid...sigh...

BeachHead
Fisher

Post by BeachHead »

Been there Sun evening between 10 pm till midnight. South wind at 12-14 knots. About 15 fishermen, nobody caught anything. I used cut fish and squid. 3 guys next to me where fishing with live bait, same result. Nothing.

To answer a few questions: the pier is open 24/7, no fee, no bait shop, no gate. There is a security guard patrolling the pier. If you hook a big one it is easy to land it on the beach since there is no obstruction along the rail, no light poles and such. There are 20+ parking spots at 2$/hour any day of the week. The pier is kind of short, about 100 ft with a T at the end. I have fished both sides. I didn't feel any rock or other snagging obstacle. The pier is well lit by 3 ft. high poles on the centerline. 2 cleaning tables, but without running water.

The place is overcrowded with bystanders. I estimate about 200 people walked the pier in 2 hours. Wave after wave. I don't think alcohol is banned. Lots of them were holding beer cans, even cocktail glasses (plastic, since glass containers are banned). Groups with take out dinner boxes, skateboarders, lots of kids. That's why is hard to find parking. It's more like a boardwalk than fishing pier. Same crowd you see at Bayside or Hollywood boardwalk.

If I'll ever go again it will be between 1-6 am.

offtrackk
Old Salt

Post by offtrackk »

Fished the t from about 6 to 1030, many jacks came over, nice size one! One got owned by the Cuda under the pier lol, mayb like 3-4 macs came over the rail! That's about it! Water was dirty and the wind was howling!
team BLACKFIN TUNA!!!!!!

dmiles312
Fisher

Post by dmiles312 »

Anything out there today? :?:

david17
Fisher

Post by david17 »

Too much wind, No bait during the night 2AM-7AM, Got 2 cravelles around 9AM + 1 that another guy caught and that was all from 2AM-11AM, no Cudas were seen, no macs, no sharks.

hardcorefisherman
Weekend Warrior

Post by hardcorefisherman »

david17 wrote:Too much wind, No bait during the night 2AM-7AM, Got 2 cravelles around 9AM + 1 that another guy caught and that was all from 2AM-11AM, no Cudas were seen, no macs, no sharks.
there was a lot bait today. there were 3 guys that were catching a lot bait. One guy was a Chinese guy, that had 3 buckets full of bait .
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad. :(

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

what kind of bait?

G_Loc
Weekend Warrior

Post by G_Loc »

Bait was being caught this morning. Not sure what kind, but the family had a few kids in tow who would yell in glues whenever they pulled some out. Fishing sucked for me this morning. Caught an undersized snapper early on during my 4 hour stay. An older Russian guy that was there had caught a small cuda (I think). Going to catch my own bait tomorrow.

Pier is really nice. Sucky part is that they didn't turn on the water this morning. Is the water ever on?
www.cheesepatrol.com
"Fish are always eating other fish. If fish could scream, the ocean would be loud as ****. All you would hear is 'Awww ****! I thought I looked like that rock!'" - Mitch Hedberg, RIP

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

The water is supposed to be there for the crew to clean the pier, more than likely they will leave it on once the pier has attendants.

G_Loc
Weekend Warrior

Post by G_Loc »

cudaman wrote:The water is supposed to be there for the crew to clean the pier, more than likely they will leave it on once the pier has attendants.
Ah. There were plenty of people out this morning, I saw several try to use the spigot closest to me and leave in frustration. Oh well. I hope they leave them for good soon.
www.cheesepatrol.com
"Fish are always eating other fish. If fish could scream, the ocean would be loud as ****. All you would hear is 'Awww ****! I thought I looked like that rock!'" - Mitch Hedberg, RIP

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

strizile wrote:I bet that pier is gonna rock when the macs have their time.

This pier will get big macks and not from McDonalds. Lots of big ceros there as well. Like every pier it gets it's good and great days. The only problem is that the fishing area is super short.

G_lock, I hope they do open the water 24 hours and as soon as well. But I think they won't because there is no one to supervise and make sure people don't leave them running all day.

G_Loc
Weekend Warrior

Post by G_Loc »

Went out again today. Didn't catch anything, except bait (pinfish). Don't think anyone caught anything while I was there (530-10am). The pier was much emptier this morning and a crew from the city was out there pressure cleaning the deck.
www.cheesepatrol.com

humbleaslamb
Fisher

Post by humbleaslamb »

Just got home from the pier. The amount of bait on the pier today was unbelievable. Little baby jacks, huge goggle eyes and the usual blue runners. The cudas were back and a guy lost a good sized king fish. Wish I could have stayed later. There was so much activity that i know tonight would have been good. Well...more times.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Sounds great summer bait is here. Thanks for the report. Go catch them boys and girls :reeling:

firebeforice
Old Salt

Post by firebeforice »

first time posting in a long time, went to the Pier last night from 9 to 11:30 with my girlfriend to check out Newport( in never went to it pre-wilma). Super windy, but and no one was catching anything. Nightfishing without a moon is never good in my book. I agree that this is a late night pier! tons of non-fishing people walking up and down the boardwalk. i live in Miami springs so I will be coming back in calmer conditions

HookinSnook
Old Salt

Post by HookinSnook »

Thanks for the reports guys!
Frank

cudaking305
Old Salt

Post by cudaking305 »

22lber (yes it was weighed) on a blue runner
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fishing all day everyday

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

Wow... I can't believe it.. this is incredible.. I have to show everyone this photo.... guys.. look... high top fades are back in style.. sweet!!! oh.. nice cuda as well!

cudaking305 wrote:22lber (yes it was weighed) on a blue runner

HookinSnook
Old Salt

Post by HookinSnook »

That's a big ol Cuda dude! :cheers:
Frank

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Nice cuda :toast:

RippysFishingSupply
Fisher

Post by RippysFishingSupply »

Customers have reported a lot of small sharks at the pier. They seem to be all over the place. Goggleyes are being caught off the T on Sabikis tipped with squid or gold hook rigs with squid. Jacks,runners, small assorted bottom fish are being caught with no big fish reported other than a Cobia. Tarpon have been hooked on assorted live baits and seem to be hanging at the pier on a daily basis. A customer reported that 2 nights ago he got nailed with a nice run off before losing the fish. He was fishing a live Goggleye with wire so it could have been anything.
Rippys Bait and Tackle
400 ne 167 st
305 944 0572

Return to “Dade County”