BF Site--------Post away------

If you experience any problems registering please email info@boatlessfishing.com , I will fix issue ASAP, you should be activated with in 24 hours.
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

BF Site--------Post away------

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

So far for the past 30 hours I have only seen about 12 errors and tha was last night between 7pm and 12am which compared to what the site has been experiencing those were nothing, LOL but so far I have not seen any errors today.

Also I have added a Mobile style you will see a link on the bottom of the page, but when logging in in it will detect you device and screen and send you the right way.

I like this style
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: BF Site--------Post away------

Post by fishnfool73 »

Really liking the new look of the site so far.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Awesome style and the mobile site works great.

What was the culprit in the end?

Was it a vanilla install minus the scripts that fixed it more or less or was there other stuff such as some inject.

Just asking because it seemed to me that when logged in after the my profile crashed it would give me thereafter mostly a session table crash

Maybe just my impression but just an observation.

BTW did you move up with yahoo? Were we still on the old hardware and are we still on the old hardware?
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Damn all the fonts and all is very nice

This style "Artodia Phantom" is very cool
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

I like it, just git to get used to it. Thanks for the hard work. I know you lost some hair and probably grew a beard on this fix. :toast: :toast: :toast:

ffishermen1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ffishermen1 »

the site looks better now.

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

All we need now is the "view new post" not just at the index but above / below the opened thread

Love this theme
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

shos260288
KING MACKEREL

Post by shos260288 »

This theme appears to be very stable, I haven't had any server crash errors at all since it was deployed and I'm loving it. Great Work!!!!
Fish Crazy

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

How do you access private messages with the new format?

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

That little iconright above the boaed index link opens a menu. Go to the user control panel to access PM. At least onthe rablet in site view.
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

its been working great all day.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Yo Tommy........thanks Bud, I'm really likin' this new place. Running smoother than snot on a frog
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

I haven't wanted to say anything because everything is running so gooooood,

Simple version of what happened
it all and I mean all came down to server misconfiguration of which took me documenting every error and sending screen shots of errors and traffic in site,. I had to send errors and then send also solutions from the Mysql site to the errors to get them to correct each so it took me about 30 hours to get all errors and then they had to do each server as it would rotate in each 8 hours and tweak them. the really bad server was the one from 7pm until around 4am. they also had an incorrect time I believe on a server and that then was creating another problem that when the site would write files the time was incorrect and the mysql would error out because as far as it was concerned the time was the future and not the present many times through the nights there was only 1person in the site ME or 0 and the site was still erroring out., This does not mean we won't see some stuff happen over the next couple of weeks I do not know what the servers maintenance methods are and time that they turn over servers and so on, but they know what the issues are now so they should be able to tweak if new servers roll in to the system

So the good that came out so far is we have a completely up to date site running the latest PHP, MSQL and PHPBB3.0.12 and now a new style and also a Mobile style.

So I'm Liking it so far and I am glad you guys are to :bounce: :bounce: :cheers:
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Return to “User Help for BF Forums and Rule of use”