East Coast Mullet run 2014 Reports ONLY

Invitation ONLY
HJared
KING MACKEREL

Re: East Coast Mullet run 2014 Reports ONLY

Post by HJared »

Pods around the north jetty and tons movin around the inlet. Hoglegs mostly. Small tarpon rollin around. Ppl mostly caught bluefish

caprifisher
Seasoned Fisher

Post by caprifisher »

Small pods of mullet south of Haulover today in the afternoon ,but nothing chasing them .

Saco1997
Fisher

Post by Saco1997 »

No mullet this afternoon on fort laudy... White bait was out, after dark snapper bite was killer.

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Two pods of mullet past Anglin fishing pier last one just moments ago had numerous tarpon in it
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

landcaster
Seasoned Fisher

Post by landcaster »

THURSDAY eve .....but dead as a doornail.....in South Palm.....maybe that front brought some more down....tomorrow I'll go back out

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

soflonatty wrote:Report for 10/19. Fished off the beach/yak today. Found a massive pod today and I mean biggest one I have seen thus far of the mullet run this year of hoglegs around spanish river in Boca. we managed to hook and catch one 70ish pound fish but missed a couple more that were in the mix. Saw some easy 150lbers out and about busting on the pod. Epic day.

I picked up the tarpon out of the water for 5 seconds if even and gently placed her back in the water. She swam off strong and happy and it sure was awesome to see that after such a great fight. :D :D

thats not one of the 70ish was it ?
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Saco1997
Fisher

Post by Saco1997 »

Small pods today at the inlet in fort laudy. Seas were too crazy to do much fishin, but still caught blue fish. Threw the net 2X, and froze um for later this week.

BoatlessFisherman

Mullet are still moving and we may just see them stream through this month no giant pods but I hope constant small pods everyday.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Slammer
Weekend Warrior

Post by Slammer »

BoatlessFisherman wrote:Mullet are still moving and we may just see them stream through this month no giant pods but I hope constant small pods everyday.
Tommy,

Thank you for the continued updates. I found a ton of huge tarpon and hogleg mullet in the canals off the ICW. Seems like they are bunkered up.

BoatlessFisherman

There is a couple of very nice size schools of mullet staging up between Pompano Pier and Anglins Pier Now and would think they will move at day break south I see some big crashes in them can't tell what is feeding but it looks large from the wakes of mullet leaving the water.
-Tommy A-

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

A couple small pods at boyton inlet today. Nothing on them

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

miguel456 wrote:Here's my Mullet Run Report for the year 2014.This is my first year fishing the mullet run and enjoyed fishing it with rod and reel(I usually spearfish during the mullet run since it brings good fish close to the shore).In this timeframe I caught Sharks(#1 fish that I have been targeting during this time),Mutton Snappers,Mangrove Snappers,Yellowtail Snappers, Redfish,Tarpon,Jacks,Snook and other unexpected catches like American Eels.Biggest fish I caught during the mullet run from shore was a +60lb blacktip shark.Biggest mullet I caught was a +17" mullet along with many other mullets over the 12" mark.All fish mentioned where caught 100% boatless
\
hey why dont you share some of these great catches with us i mean you had to have taken atleast a picture of two
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

doing something right lol
no i want to see some of these reds and snook and what not else you caught

what the hell do i care about sharks anymoron with wire can catch a shark
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

why dont you tell me the next time yall are heading to the beach maybe i'll stop by :wink:
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Return to “2014 Mullet and Migratory Fish Fall Run for Florida”