2015 East Coast Florida Fall Migratory Fish and Mullet Run

This area is by invitation ONLY --- Ask me if your not able to view
rski754
Fisher

Re: 2015 East Coast Florida Fall Migratory Fish and Mullet R

Post by rski754 »

Once the action heats up in Broward, how long do you guys think it will last? I went on Sunday. Some decent pods but not in full swing yet. I caught a nice jack, some pompano and a zillion needlefish. One pod had some enormous tarpon on them. Nobody got a hookup though.

I won't be able to go again until 2 weeks from now - like Oct 19. I am hoping they won't be gone by then!

gatorjwade
Old Salt

Post by gatorjwade »

North Boca beach at sunrise... one 40yd-wide school of 9-12" mullet, but not really anything on them. Relatively smooth with 3-5' swells coming in from the ENE.
Jeff

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Thanks for posting. guys Please mention your location in these posts

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

I've been fishing between that one bridge and the other plenty of mullet around not enough action to make me happy but I'm catch a few fish here and there
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

bob733
Fisher

Post by bob733 »

Fort Pierce Inlet Tuesday....got there 8:30 am Tuesday on outgoing tide.....watched for 5 hours. Really nada...some small schools of fingers passed by right at the end of the outgoing. Saw on nice Mutton caught at the slack tide. Nothing in the inlet on the incoming tide (I watched for a couple of hours), but there were a lot of mullet being busted 400 yards outside the inlet, but they never came in. Came home skunked (3 time in two weeks), and this is a 70 mile trip so I was not too happy.

One thing I heard though was a guy said it was low time (around 9:30), but the outgoing current did not switch until just after 12 noon. I guess there is a delay with respect to low tide and the changing of the current.

Bob

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Sebastian inlet was very busy today. Small bay around northern parking lot was full of fingers. Northern beach side has decent number of fingers.
lots of reds, snooks, jack, and big macks (4 - 5LB) were caught on fingers... I did many type of artificial baits but fish were not on the mood on artificials.
Never seen any pier is this much busy...

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

kblue wrote:Sebastian inlet was very busy today. Small bay around northern parking lot was full of fingers. Northern beach side has decent number of fingers.
lots of reds, snooks, jack, and big macks (4 - 5LB) were caught on fingers... I did many type of artificial baits but fish were not on the mood on artificials.
Never seen any pier is this much busy...

How is everybody fishing the mullet free lining i presume?
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

RivaMunstaSteve
Fisher

Post by RivaMunstaSteve »

My buddy was out by ft laud yesterday sunset. He said there were a lot of pods north and south, and a lot of different fish on them. He's just arrived there as we speak- so it must of been good. Can't go bc I'm working :mad:

I will be out there sat sun somewhere :reeling:

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

A friend just texted me that on his way to work in the bay of Key Biscayne, he saw big schools of mullets. He said he was honestly thinking about quitting his job today and going fishing. lol

FinesseFish
Fisher

Post by FinesseFish »

Stuart, FL. both the beach and inter-coastal are packed with finger mullet, horse mullet, greenies and small bunker. Fishing under a bridge today, the Jack Attack was in full swing. Two days ago the Tarpon where jumping out of the water after mullet, but too far of a cast. On the beach Sept. 28 Tarpon spooled my buddy, and on Sept. 30, Snook right in the wash at the beach. Great time of year.

rski754
Fisher

Post by rski754 »

gruntking wrote:I've been fishing between that one bridge and the other plenty of mullet around not enough action to make me happy but I'm catch a few fish here and there

Lol very next post after the guy requested that people tell their location. Ha good work

All you forecasters - how long do you think it will last in Broward County? A couple more weeks?

linh
KING MACKEREL

Post by linh »

How does the surf look like in broward?

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Waves crashing against shore? :biglaugh:
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

linh
KING MACKEREL

Post by linh »

Lol. Just wondering if its not as rough as palm beach.

RivaMunstaSteve
Fisher

Gentlemen. It is on. It doesn't matter where you go. I heard from people from Miami to Boynton . They are here. If you don't see any you are unlucky . The guys are out in full force as well- that sounds like the only problem.

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

Surf was calm in Miami, mullet schools all day, some in real close with these crazy tide swings. Should be relatively easy to load up on bait this weekend.

RivaMunstaSteve
Fisher

Forgot to mention that guys are doing very well inside the inlets

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Went out last night for 20 minutes and for the first time this season the Homestead area is LOADED with finger mullet. Caught a good 15 ladyfish in as many casts on a swimbait till they destroyed it. I love hearing them crush the mullet. Did not see much of anything else around, which is odd because Monday night I caught quite a few snook.

In any case, this has been the best run I have seen in a couple years thinking back about it all. I am glad that it was simply a cycle and not a trend like many suspected. Looking forward to all the predators that follow these guys! Get out there and FISH!

-Swordfish

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

Went fishing for a couples hrs in the morning just to waste time and let me tell you that the fingerings (3-6") are in full force! I netted what I needed and proceeded to fish.. (north biscayne bay). Caught and released 4 cudas and 3 trout...nothing to brag about, but I could walk on mullet. That's how thick they were..looks like they've made their way in the bay! But nothing was busting them at all...all the action was underneath them I think...well, I'm waiting for a NE blow...good luck guys!

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Today was the best action I've seen down here on Miami Beach. Lots of tarpon, sharks, jacks and snook for a nice change of pace. First light to around 8am. I put my buddy Mike onto his largest tarpon to date, 100+# about a week ago on Singer Island, and today my buddy Ryan got a 100# fish too. He's lived in Miami his whole life and never fished the run. He's never caught a tarpon off the beach and has only caught a couple rats off the boat before. Needless to say, he'll definitely be fishing the run next year. Unfortunately, I haven't hooked any big ones myself yet. Things are getting good tho. No fingers in the surf in SoBe yet, no blues fortunately, but the ladyfish have showed up. Tight lines

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Oh man that is nice...
I am so jealous of your friend...lol
I am wishing of catching one poon before this run is over

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

kblue wrote:Oh man that is nice...
If you know they're around Kblue and you want the big boys just put half a dead (FRESH) mullet on bottom... You won't be disappointed... This is how the guides down south target them on big tackle, half a hogleg mullet, just has to be super fresh, as in caught there... Your mileage may vary, you may get a big snook instead or more likely a shark.

-Swordfish

RivaMunstaSteve
Fisher

I will be waiting to see that tarpon you land kblue. I will be out tmrw and Sunday.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

cantseeme47 wrote: How is everybody fishing the mullet free lining i presume?
Yes, everyone was doing mullet free line with 1 or 2 oz weight at Sebastian Inlet...

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

swordfish wrote:
kblue wrote:Oh man that is nice...
If you know they're around Kblue and you want the big boys just put half a dead (FRESH) mullet on bottom... You won't be disappointed... This is how the guides down south target them on big tackle, half a hogleg mullet, just has to be super fresh, as in caught there... Your mileage may vary, you may get a big snook instead or more likely a shark.

-Swordfish
will do :toast:

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

RivaMunstaSteve wrote:I will be waiting to see that tarpon you land kblue. I will be out tmrw and Sunday.
I just checked the beach from commercial to Las Olas 6:30 to 7:00PM. I saw no pod of mullet...
I think all went to south...

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Plenty of mullet still up north and headed our way .
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

RivaMunstaSteve
Fisher

there were a few pods on ft laud beach yesterday. Today I'm up north. Decent in the am, dead at 11... Fished moved deeper

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Probably six or eight pods come around the jetties and Dania this afternoon only one of them had fish chasing them.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

This morning SoBe had plenty of bait (pod 4 blocks long), but not ONE single fish feeding on it... :mad:

Return to “Florida Fishing Runs Fall and Spring”