2015 East Coast Florida Fall Migratory Fish and Mullet Run

This area is by invitation ONLY --- Ask me if your not able to view
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

2015 East Coast Florida Fall Migratory Fish and Mullet Run

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

How to start this years Thread
Hummmmm

Well lets not get to excited before we see something, after last years and the months that followed being IMO the worst in the last 11 years along the coastline and from my observations as far north as Sebastian - it was slower to the North and non existent around here IMO.

I hope that this year is better and it should not be hard to be better after last year.

Lets HOPE that last year is not the new Norm and it was just a really off year.

This post is for us to post up to this thread what we are seeing so we have a better chance of being where the fish are, I myself will be starting to go north as far as Ponce Inlet in the next few weeks to watch what is happening and try to get on some decent fish and I know others will be also.

Those that will be along any beaches in Jensen, Sebastian or any where PM me or post up your beach accesses and on my Travels I will stop by and say hi and fish a little, I spend most Times from Jupiter Inlet north to Fort Pierce Inlet and make the run 2 to 4 times a week fishing from sun up to sun down at 3 to 5 places a day and if it is slow obviousness more places I have been known to drive as far as St Augustine -Daytona.

How is this going to go down??????
Well our resident Black Mullet here in Broward and Dade should be starting to get antsy and will be moving out of the bay and inlets and heading north "Confused" it normally takes a week or so for them to realize they need to go south, also white bait "pilchard" will start moving south just before the mullet and sometimes gets mixed in with the mullet heading south if the north gets a early push - Non the less we wait for the big push of mullet from the north in October sometimes just before, migratory fish first some spanish mackerel end of September and then Bluefish and then more Spanish and then in October - November , Pompano.

This is my Opinion and based on what I have seen through my fishing life 45 remembered years and the last 11 years sitting on a pier most days and nights of the week here in Broward as seen last year you can never know what will really happen just hoping for a fishing memory that is epic.

What do you think or Know and what will you be doing or where will you be fishing?????

:reeling: :reeling: :reeling: :reeling:
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: 2015 East Coast Florida Fall Migratory Fish and Mullet R

Post by fishnfool73 »

I will be in Daytona on the beach in 2 weeks and will report if I see anything there. Over the last few years I see less and less of them up there as I go up there the third week of August for the last 6 years.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

BoatlessFisherman

fishnfool73 wrote:I will be in Daytona on the beach in 2 weeks and will report if I see anything there. Over the last few years I see less and less of them up there as I go up there the third week of August for the last 6 years.
I know - I like to get your report every year and look forward to that heads up, Thanks
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

bob733
Fisher

Post by bob733 »

I fish at Virginia beach (2 beach accesses north of the Publix on Hutchinson Island), and will be glad to post any sightings.
There hasn't been too much lately...schools of small pilchards along the beach. Some Snook in them and the Jensen Beach Air Force (pelicans) dive bombing them.
Bob

BoatlessFisherman

bob733 wrote:I fish at Virginia beach (2 beach accesses north of the Publix on Hutchinson Island), and will be glad to post any sightings.
There hasn't been too much lately...schools of small pilchards along the beach. Some Snook in them and the Jensen Beach Air Force (pelicans) dive bombing them.
Bob
Cool, I look forward to your reports, this is a great time of year around that area. Thanks
-Tommy A-

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

take pictures of what you see chris
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

JonathanT305
Weekend Warrior

Post by JonathanT305 »

Saw a small pod of the really big mullet off Juno Pier yesterday afternoon, they weren't moving south just wandering around the beach and swimming in circles. On the other hand, pilchards were all over in the morning.

linh
KING MACKEREL

Post by linh »

A lot of glass minnows along the beach in jupiter today.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Hey Tommy thanks for starting this thread. I sure hope things are a lot better than they were last year. But as you know the Pompano run was almost nonexistent. Makes me worried about this years mullet run

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

shos260288
KING MACKEREL

Post by shos260288 »

Was fishing Jax pier a couple weeks ago, saw some small schools of mullet here and there, but nothing to speak of.
Fish Crazy

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

Green Tide wrote:Hey Tommy thanks for starting this thread. I sure hope things are a lot better than they were last year. But as you know the Pompano run was almost nonexistent. Makes me worried about this years mullet run
I think it didn't get cold enough for the pompano to run that south. We had a great one in the Tampa bay. Best in years.

grouperking
Old Salt

Post by grouperking »

went out today to Matheson park and wasnt expecting much but saw a nice pod of like 200-300 hogleg mullet were getting blown up on by something big but couldn't see... think they moved a bit closer to the big key Biscayne bridge and a lot of small pilchards like 400-500 but were close to the trees and about 1in long so couldn't do anything.

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

i hope to be up and running again with the boat for the run, if anyone wants to hit it on a sunday or sat afternoon
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

JonathanT305
Weekend Warrior

Post by JonathanT305 »

Juno was loaded with big threads, spanish sardines, and horse pilchards yesterday after the storm yesterday. Before the storm there was a lot of bait but mostly just pilchards. No mullet seen but it shouldn't be long.

bob733
Fisher

Post by bob733 »

Quite a few small pods of finger mullet passing through Hutchinson Island Virginia Beach access this morning. Nothing really in them (at least scaring them). The large schools of Pilchards were not as prevalent today and only got a few on the sabiki rig.

Should of brought my cast net but oh well.

Bob

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

bob733 wrote:Quite a few small pods of finger mullet passing through Hutchinson Island Virginia Beach access this morning.
Hey Bob

I am not so familiar with FL in general. Where is Hutchinson Island Virginia Beach? :scratch:

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Thanks for the report, Bob. Have you checked the tub area?

bob733
Fisher

Post by bob733 »

To find Hutchinson Island, google marriott hotel hutchinson island florida. you will see it on the map....it is the road that curves north from the mariot and goes all the way to Fort Pierce Inlet.

I am only checking the Virginia Beach access as my friends fish there.

The Jensen Beach Air Force (Pelicans) patrol that whole beach area. That whole strip of beach on the southern part of the Island (that I can see) has been loaded with tons of bait for over a month.

Now, I am reading and seeing schools of finger mullet already (and people talking about Bluefish and Spanish Mackerel) so I think this could be a very early year for the migration.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Thank You Bob !

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

I was just browsing the forums on another FL based fishing website and found reports of mullet pods in the surf in Jacksonville, Ponce and Melbourne. They mentioned "big" pods and predators feeding. Just some reports, not my personal first hand encounter.

BoatlessFisherman

Thanks for the reports :toast:
-Tommy A-

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

Just moved into the new house Thursday. We are just west of BPS and have ocean access. Have seen schools of big black mullet but also small schools of fingers the last few days.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

BoatlessFisherman

Where did you move Chris
-Tommy A-

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

North of Griffin off 28 Ave.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Small pod of Blacks being crushed behind my house on new River as well Chris. Bites dead though. At east they're not interested in squid, shrimp, or hoo chunks. Crabs are, but that's about it.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

both of you are seeing local mullet
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

lkatze2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by lkatze2 »

Chris, I know that canal system well, I live on the same canal system. Great place to catch finger mullet when they really start to push in. You probably know the area, but if you need some tips on the area/canals just PM me. BTW, watch out there is a section of the canal that connects the NEW River to the dania cutoff, that is notorious for taking out props or lower units if you are not familiar with the shallow areas, plus lots of old construction and dumped debris. I know first hand.
Lou

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

IceBoy wrote:Any good beaches for surf and pompano fishing in miami? Big fan of eating them but haven't caught any :( . Thx for any tips in advance! Tight lines
none at the moment... I highly recommend to spend sometime searching on this web site...you will find most of your answer...

paddleout
Fisher

Post by paddleout »

Vero beach has the mullet and tarpon/tippers right now

paddleout
Fisher

Post by paddleout »

North Singer Island was covered in small pilchards a few days ago but nothing eating them

Return to “Florida Fishing Runs Fall and Spring”