Mullet run 2016

Boatless Fishing Reports for Broward County, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania, Lauderdale by the Sea, Pompano Beach
Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Re: Mullet run

Post by Miami_Chris »

permitchaser wrote:
Miami_Chris wrote:Thank you sir, I actually got most of it on the go pro. Check it out

oye very nice fish and vid Chris man i want to catch a perm there but them rocks look like a mission ,for you young bucks its easy lol...

Thanks bro, those rocks can be a pain in the ass when the waves are up, but there's a few that you can jump down to with out it being too sketchy. I've been thinking about soaking a crab out there one of these days.

Was planning on heading out there this morning but didn't feel like getting out of bed when the alarm rang haha

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Mullet run 2016

Post by permitchaser »

i feel you lol

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

permitchaser wrote:
clarence2society wrote:a small clue for ya:) hahaha
kblue reminds me of inspector Gadget lol
yep that small clue reveals the whole universe...

grouperking
Old Salt

Post by grouperking »

Went to a place called Snowdens Dam nearby Deering estate yesterday afternoon and today morning... yesterday there were about 10 pods of 100 mullet everywhere getting worked by airborne tarpon but couldn't see any snook or anything else.... Today morning went to catch some bait and maybe a tarpon but there wasn't anything any more... maybe like 2-3 pods of 20 and 1 pod of maybe 100+ next to the dams that allows freshwater flow and whatnot... also missed 2 nice snooks that blew up on a topwater

hhfisherman
Fisher

Post by hhfisherman »

Are the mullet started in Boca inlet yet? It seem a little bit late this year.

Angler1971
Fisher

Post by Angler1971 »

Nothing this morning from Pompano Pier north to Hillsboro Inlet.

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

1 small 20 yard school at anglins yesterday that did not hang around long, but no wind, crystal clear water and when the current started flowing it brought greenish water. Nothing was chasing the mullet, but saw a few tarpon, a few snook, and barracuda well after the mullet disappeared. Football field size school of needlefish hung around all day. Also saw what looked like some decent size yellow jacks over the reef, but they would not eat artificial and any natural bait would instantly be attacked by needlefish and if you got it below them, file fish. Tough day -- need some wave / wind action.

swordfish
SHARKER

Re: Mullet run

Post by swordfish »

Miami_Chris wrote:
permitchaser wrote:
Miami_Chris wrote:Thank you sir, I actually got most of it on the go pro. Check it out

oye very nice fish and vid Chris man i want to catch a perm there but them rocks look like a mission ,for you young bucks its easy lol...

Thanks bro, those rocks can be a pain in the ass when the waves are up, but there's a few that you can jump down to with out it being too sketchy. I've been thinking about soaking a crab out there one of these days.

Was planning on heading out there this morning but didn't feel like getting out of bed when the alarm rang haha
Good clean catch and release.

Them there "magic" $20 dollar lures...

LOL I kid, everything works once you figure a few things out.

As far as the Mullet, while I have not been looking (I haven't fished in close to 4 months) the spots I go by daily on way to work and back have not been holding any mullet yet.

They are on their way though.

All in due time. Stay frosty gents.

-Swordfish

Muddy River
Fisher

Post by Muddy River »

Any new update on Mullet run out Fort Lauderdale ?

hhfisherman
Fisher

Post by hhfisherman »

Went to Boca inlet last night. Not much mullets to be seen. May be next week.

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

anyone hear the boating accident involving Marlins Jose Fernandez? news said the boat hit a jetty off miami beach.. what a tragedy be careful out there guys

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

Watching it now on channel 10, it's extremely sad.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

only the good die young ,wow ...

Morpheus2
Weekend Warrior

Post by Morpheus2 »

Mullet were everywhere the other day in Jax and it looks like its starting to turn up here around flagler.....Gonna be fishing the next few days and I will check back in.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Morpheus2 wrote:Mullet were everywhere the other day in Jax and it looks like its starting to turn up here around flagler.....Gonna be fishing the next few days and I will check back in.

Are you at the pier or somewhere else.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

lostinfl
Fisher

Post by lostinfl »

Jensen Beach Park today from noon to 3pm. Nothing running.

Morpheus2
Weekend Warrior

Post by Morpheus2 »

Green Tide wrote:
Morpheus2 wrote:Mullet were everywhere the other day in Jax and it looks like its starting to turn up here around flagler.....Gonna be fishing the next few days and I will check back in.

Ive been going to Jax shrimping and seeing mullet. Just now hitting up the beaches to fish today and the next couple of days from here to matanzas inlet.

Here is a great resource for what is going on around here if you guys dont have it yet. Its a weekly report. http://www.news-journalonline.com/sport ... n-picks-up

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

there were a couple pods in boynton by the inlet this weekend but nothing was on them

Angler1971
Fisher

Post by Angler1971 »

Spent 4 hours this morning at sun up at Ft. Lauderdale beach. No mullet from Vista Park north to Anglin's. Caught some pilchards in the net but kept getting devoured by needle fish. Anyone having any luck in the afternoon or evenings?

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

right now, Pompano is 74F... Where the hell are you?

Angler1971
Fisher

Post by Angler1971 »

Figures! The one day I head south.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

no signs of run in broward as of yet... anyone else know otherwise..

Permitted124
Fisher

Post by Permitted124 »

between deerfield pier and the inlet there were huge schools with nothing on them

fish5aver
Fisher

Post by fish5aver »

3 small schools of less than 200 a pod rolled through on Sunday at the Haulover inlet, got 3 dozens cast netting.

IMG_5051.MOV

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

went after that dfp school yesterday..... just at dusk they were 100 yards out... and not much goin after em... then poof gone.... thats about all ihave seen down between dfp and dania

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

A few pods on Miami beach this morning. tarpon and jacks, but out of casting distance. Water was crystal clear with no wind.

lostinfl
Fisher

Post by lostinfl »

Jensen Beach, lots of them coming through from around 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM with nothing chasing them, then died off until about 4:00 PM and there were a handful of very large tarpon on them. Died down again around 5:00 PM.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Morpheus2 wrote:
Green Tide wrote:

Ive been going to Jax shrimping and seeing mullet. Just now hitting up the beaches to fish today and the next couple of days from here to matanzas inlet.

Here is a great resource for what is going on around here if you guys dont have it yet. Its a weekly report. http://www.news-journalonline.com/sport ... n-picks-up

Have you ever tried on the river in green cove springs

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

Muddy River
Fisher

Post by Muddy River »

Expect the run this weekend ?

Angler1971
Fisher

Post by Angler1971 »

Nothing like in past years, so far. Don't know if they are late or just slim pickings due to that poop up north. Been up and down the beaches in Broward the last 2 weeks everyday. Small pods here and there. Only saw one that a poon was feeding on. Keeping my fingers crossed, they show up in quantity with fish in tow. Until then, I'll be out wading in the surf.

Return to “Broward County”