Pompano Fishing Pier 2013 to 2022 "ONLY REPORTS"

Boatless Fishing Reports for Broward County, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania, Lauderdale by the Sea, Pompano Beach
eggystar
Fisher

Re: Pompano Fishing Pier 2013 to 2016 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by eggystar »

ok thanks

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Thanks
It has been so long to hear those white baits show up at pompano pier. Definitely I will check out @ my next bait hunt

ftlfish1
Fisher

Post by ftlfish1 »

lots of bait, glass minnows and goggle eyes. saw a guy catching triggerfish after triggerfish but thats about it

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

I think trigger season is closed...

State Waters Harvest Seasons
Closed through Dec. 31, 2017, reopening to harvest Jan. 1, 2018 in Gulf state waters. FWC will consider a limited 2017 season at an upcoming meeting. Check back for updates.

jmei
Fisher

Post by jmei »

That's only for the Gulf of Mexico I think. Atlantic side should still be OK. NOAA news release only mentions GOM: http://sero.nmfs.noaa.gov/fishery_bulle ... index.html

ftlfish1
Fisher

Post by ftlfish1 »

he was releasing the trigger fish anyways

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

Decided to see what effect all this crazy wind had on the fishing. Lots of tiny baits around but only schools of small jacks on them.

Oh, and the baby muttons continue to be decimated by fishermen who don't give a crap about the rules or conservation. They're plentiful and easy pickin's at Pompano, and the enforcement's almost none existent. I'm talking about 8" to 10" muttons too. :mad:

Pompano Pier - Poaching Capital of the World

eggystar
Fisher

Post by eggystar »

they must have thought the size limit is 8 inch not 18 inch.Anybody out there know when the pier will close latest word is march?

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

BEOWULF wrote:Decided to see what effect all this crazy wind had on the fishing. Lots of tiny baits around but only schools of small jacks on them.

Oh, and the baby muttons continue to be decimated by fishermen who don't give a crap about the rules or conservation. They're plentiful and easy pickin's at Pompano, and the enforcement's almost none existent. I'm talking about 8" to 10" muttons too. :mad:

Pompano Pier - Poaching Capital of the World
That's how things got massed up... 8"~10" muttons may have a good chance to survive to big ones... I think FWC need to have some volunteering thoughtful citizens to "enforce" the piers specially after storm...

jason9876
Fisher

Post by jason9876 »

I went to the pier to fish for the first time today. Just moved right near here so I could fish this pier. I knew the pier was supposed to be repaired, so I researched before I moved. I found nothing here or anywhere else about it closing. I get there today and I see a sign saying closing 5/22/17-January 2019. fishing this poop. fishing you pompano beach. fishing it, it's probably for the better. You need a boat to catch fish in South FL, sorry to say....

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

Maybe should have called the city....

Snapperfanatic1828
Weekend Warrior

Post by Snapperfanatic1828 »

You dont need a boat to catch quality fish..you might not be shorebound savy...just saying....plenty of members here do very well from land...good luck out there

bluesea
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bluesea »

Snapperfanatic1828 wrote:You dont need a boat to catch quality fish..you might not be shorebound savy...just saying....plenty of members here do very well from land...good luck out there
If they keep closing everything in a few years it'll be illegal to fish from shore :pale:

Is nice to fish from a boat, specially when you have friends that'll help you when you get back from the trip and not just leave.
Quality and quantity is better when you aren't shorebound, a few members from here are now in the kayak forum and they went from catching mangroves, permit or snook to catching sail , cobia, mahi mahi, kingfish, tuna .

Snapperfanatic1828
Weekend Warrior

Post by Snapperfanatic1828 »

I get that, but guess what? They wanna even close anchor fishing on the reefs too! Or even closures even in our parts

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

So has anyone been out there to confirm that they really closed it this time?
There's been so many false alarms in the last two years. Sounds like the free lunch is over...

:nopity:

whisp143245
Fisher

Post by whisp143245 »

jason9876 wrote:I went to the pier to fish for the first time today. Just moved right near here so I could fish this pier. I knew the pier was supposed to be repaired, so I researched before I moved. I found nothing here or anywhere else about it closing. I get there today and I see a sign saying closing 5/22/17-January 2019. fishing this poop. fishing you pompano beach. fishing it, it's probably for the better. You need a boat to catch fish in South FL, sorry to say....
Deerfield and Anglins are arguably better piers for fishing anyway and you're right between both of them

Rapy
Fisher

Re: Pompano Fishing Pier 2013 to 2022 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by Rapy »

Has anyone fished the New pier, I hear its $6 to fish???

eggystar
Fisher

Post by eggystar »

went to pompano pier sunday sept 6 7-9am just to look.Pier is nice, very wide. pilchards everywhere lots of small to medium blue runners caught some undersized muttons and mangroves couple of barricudas.The bad when i was at the entrance of the pier a guy with no mask tried to get on the pier[ mask are required] the lady said sir a mask is required the guy turned around and said i dont care and kept walking. pier might be new and fresh but its the same trashy people as before.I will stick to anglins and deerfield.pier is 6 dollars to fish 3 rods total.M y friend told me if you park at the garage on the second floor bring the ticket to the pier they vallidate it cost you 5 dollars all day. total of 11 bucks for a day of fishing not bad.Pier is free for sightseeing.

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

eggystar wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:51 am
went to pompano pier sunday sept 6 7-9am just to look.Pier is nice, very wide. pilchards everywhere lots of small to medium blue runners caught some undersized muttons and mangroves couple of barricudas.The bad when i was at the entrance of the pier a guy with no mask tried to get on the pier[ mask are required] the lady said sir a mask is required the guy turned around and said i dont care and kept walking. pier might be new and fresh but its the same trashy people as before.I will stick to anglins and deerfield.pier is 6 dollars to fish 3 rods total.M y friend told me if you park at the garage on the second floor bring the ticket to the pier they vallidate it cost you 5 dollars all day. total of 11 bucks for a day of fishing not bad.Pier is free for sightseeing.
Thanks for the report :reeling:
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Return to “Broward County”