Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2013 to 2021 "ONLY REPORTS"

Boatless Fishing Reports for Broward County, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania, Lauderdale by the Sea, Pompano Beach
crevalejack
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2013-14-15 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by crevalejack »

Boatless fisherman, how's fishing lately.? Is one(1) rod rule for pompano still apply or you just use as much rod as you like? :reeling: :reeling:

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

crevalejack wrote:Boatless fisherman, how's fishing lately.? Is one(1) rod rule for pompano still apply or you just use as much rod as you like? :reeling: :reeling:
Tommy hasn't worked at the pier for around 2 years now.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

Sunday morning saw a slow pick of pomps. I landed a nice one on a jig that had what look like some old and new teeth marks on him:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

But, Tuna, how much did you have to pay, parking, admission, etc., for that one fish? Nice catch, by the way.
Those other fish must be smart. We caught all the stupid ones!

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

$2 per hour parking and a close spot if I get there early. If not, it is $1.50 and I have to walk a block. Pier admission is $7, but wish they would make it 10 if that would send enough folks to deerfield.... or pompano when it opens.

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

Yeah, thanks for that. Sounds like you know better than to park in their lot and pay the ransom fee they charge. But I thought LBS had a time limit on parking close to the pier, 2 hours max? Also, is it still only half a pier, like Pat said?

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

They always use to say there was a time limit by those spots not in the ransom lot, but just outside of it.....but they never enforced the time limit. You can buy a ticket for as long as you want. I think the lot that is one street west and a little south of the pier has a $10 all day price, but can't remember for sure. The worst part is that it is half a pier -- I think my catch is down 50% -- I use to catch a ton of fish under the mid hut or just past it....now with everyone crammed into the space leading to just before the mid hut, it is difficult to fish / cast lures etc and impossible cover the most productive part of the pier.

I hope the bankruptcy leads to the city owning AND maintaining the pier up to acceptable standards.

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

Well, thanks again for the update. Yeah, there was a lot west of A1A and south of Comm. Blvd near a gas station but been a long time since I was out that way. I was hoping there was some hope to the pier again, but I don't think that's gonna happen any time soon, now. Tight lines, Bro!

orvis1
Fisher

Post by orvis1 »

We went there over the weekend and it was crowded but for the most part people were respectful. Caught at 15 blue runners and some bali's some on the bait but mainly on the jigs. Pier is only open to the hut and shut down from there fish were generally smaller but enough of them made it into my belly for dinner they were delicious!

crevalejack
Seasoned Fisher

Post by crevalejack »

Went fishing last Tuesday ( May 28,2019 ) caught 4 Macks and one short mutton. Line been cut 5 times and its beautiful day since only few people around..lol.. :reeling: :reeling: :reeling:

Rapy
Fisher

Re: Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2013 to 2021 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by Rapy »

Will they ever get this pier completely repaired or will it halfway until it gets blown away in another Hurricane

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Rapy wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:32 pm
Will they ever get this pier completely repaired or will it halfway until it gets blown away in another Hurricane
Does not look like it will anytime in the near future.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

yankee bob
Fisher

Post by yankee bob »

Come September it will be 3 years. Is there nothing that the city can do to get him to move on this?

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

yankee bob wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:05 am
Come September it will be 3 years. Is there nothing that the city can do to get him to move on this?
Actually yes they could as far as the delay in completion, but they won't.

State submerse land lease that the pier is on could do something, it is clearly in the Florida land lease that the pier must be maintained at a reasonable state. It has not done anything.

The owner sold a piece of property in lauderdale by the sea 2 years ago and made enough money to repair it quickly but has chosen to do it at a snails pace and with limited workers.

Sad because this pier does not have a long time before it will be affected yearly by the sea level rise, just average tropical storms if they approach from the right direction can damage the pier nowadays. :pistols: :pistols:
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Return to “Broward County”