Hollywood / Dania Beach Fishing Reports 2011 to 2022

Boatless Fishing Reports for Broward County, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania, Lauderdale by the Sea, Pompano Beach
cubapnea
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Hollywood / Dania Beach Fishing Reports 2010 "Reports Only"

Post by cubapnea »

congrats on a very nice catch :toast:

gotta love surf fishing ...i guess that fishing spot deserves more attention... i might pay a visit there one of these days :reeling:

StyngRay
KING MACKEREL

Post by StyngRay »

@rare, thx 4da help for the video uplink, I'm getting ol'sckool. Tight Lines All, I'm still stoked! :rambo:
Plain And Simple, Life's A Beach!
ABCDEDBD FISHYS?

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

8) Where are the English sub titles?

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

Good Shiite raydogg
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

Dhunter55
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Dhunter55 »

Congrats! Great job fighting that permit.
Zebco wrote:8) Where are the English sub titles?
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
I say we fish 5 days and work 2

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell all my guns and fishing gear for what I told her I paid for them.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Very Cool Vid ! I have dropped a line there a few times w nothing to show -Nice work!
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

gotants?
Old Salt

Post by gotants? »

poppee, poppee POPPEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! :uplol: :uplol:
Fishing is ZEN

Catching is incidental

The sea, my church

caprifisher
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Hollywood / Dania Beach Fishing Reports 2011- "Reports O

Post by caprifisher »

Went yesterday for a couple of hours to J.Loyd Park .Stopped before at another place to catch some sandfleas and got plenty in just 30 minutes .Put 2 rods out ,but got no hits at all .Also there was a ton of seagrass .

ItsAllAboutME
Weekend Warrior

Post by ItsAllAboutME »

I used smaler hooks and squid as a bait instead of shrimp - noooo damn results. all fish gone somewhere ... what the ... is going on?

Waiting for spring ..

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

x2 :stupid:

Greenlaw
Fisher

Post by Greenlaw »

Fished off shore 150 meters south of dania pier. Used pompano rigs with "gulp" sand flees (couldn't find live ones) 6:30am - 9:15am. Slight SE breeze, 77' surf. Clear water and light surf... No luck at all... Looking for another spot.

ricky9
Old Salt

Post by ricky9 »

stopped by the pier to grab some livies (rod mayham going on... like 30 rods in a 20 ft area fishing for pomps i suppose)

headed down to the beach and fished for a good hour and a half. Water had sea weed and conditions weren't as good. Ended getting a nice run but couldnt set the hook and got my fish back all beaten. Guys think it could have been a snook?

Saw the coast guard helicopter hovering close to shore i think looking for somebody. When i arrived their where some people a bit far out what seemed to be spearfishing or snorkeling. Hope nothing bad happened

nicm
Fisher

Post by nicm »

Fished yesterday morning 4/22 from 6:30am - 8:30am north of Sheridan St. Had out 2 pompano rigs, then used a white 1/4 oz jig tipped with shrimp on a medium action bait caster followed by an rapala x-rap. No bites, saw a couple of sharks.

<><

Clausewitz
Fisher

Post by Clausewitz »

Hollywood South Beach

Saturday Night 5/14:

Stormy to the north with wind that created a decent chop in the water. Fished the rising tide and crest of high.

Fished from 7-8 and then again from 9-10. During both stretches had something tear my lure off and I've now learned to use a leader on the beach. Was using a jig both times, one was a white shrimp, the other a new penny gulp. First hit had a little fight, didn't seem like it was that big of a fish. Second was just a puff and my lure was gone, have no clue what it was.

Sunday Night 5/15:

Water still choppy, less rain clouds around.

Went with a suspended artificial and got my first Snook ever. Roughly 26 inches. Tried to handle him like I've read on these forums. By the time I got the hook out of his mouth I figured he'd been stressed enough so I didn't wait for my girlfriend to bring back the camera.

Monday Night 5/16:

Water really calm. Full moon and high tide.

This time the suspended lure was a pain in the ass, kept getting it tangled up because I couldn't see what I was doing in the dark, even with the moon light. Switched to a white Gulp shrimp. Didn't get any hits. Tried the intercostal and nothing there either, at least not on artificials.

goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by goodolmikey »

Went to John lloyd park for mothers day,,, we had out 6 rods between my son-in-law and myself,,, the water was clear and flat,, while we were there we could see into the water and there were what looked like sand sharks swimming in and out between the people. these sharks were probably a good 5-6 ft,,, towards the end of the day I got cut off twice.
this sunday we decided to return and maybe catch 1 of these sharks.. I am at the gate waiting for the park to open at 7:30 just to make sure I get back to that spot. get set up got bats out and get slammed .. fight the fish in its a jack between 10-12lbs,, after that it was on,,, I lost count of fish I pulled out of that school but I released all the fish that werent bleeding,, the deep hooked fish didnt go to waste ,, we gave them to passerbys that wanted them,,, 1 ladie took 8 of them,,, it was funny watching her drag the bag down the beach,,, I took a pic on my phone and am going to try to post it,, this is 4 fish waiting for someone to walk by and claim them
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

8) 5 lbrs

goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by goodolmikey »

Call it what you want,,, most of them were about 26-30"

on light line 6969
Seasoned Fisher

Post by on light line 6969 »

one mans catch is anothers dinner :happyfisherman: GOOD JOB :reeling:

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

goodolmikey wrote:Call it what you want,,, most of them were about 26-30"
8) I did. 5 lbrs, and less. Not 10 to 12. Those have been running deeper.

MrWesson
Fisher

Post by MrWesson »

Fished the intercoastal near the dania beach blvd bridge

Strong outgoing tide
Tons of bait(regret not bringing my cast net)
No catch but hooked a cuda

I casted a fish head and after a few mins of getting nibbles reeled it in thinking the bait was nibbling it only to see a 3-4ft cuda chase it under my feet. I was a spur of the moment trip so I only had a mono setup with 10lb test but ended up hooking him the next cast... I need some new line :D .

whatisntseen
Weekend Warrior

Post by whatisntseen »

Hey everyone. My name is Andrew. I'm a new member here that's only just gotten into land-based fishing. I've done plenty of fishing on boats, but I dont have one or the money for one so I'm trying to learn to manage the surf.

Anyways, I was at Dania Beach today, just North of the pier. If anyone was up there, they most definitely saw me. I got out there around 8:45a and fished until 12:30p.

Caught nothing. Tried fish finder and drop loop rigs with frozen shrimp but got nothing.
I was going to try my Xrap but couldnt cast it out with the wind. I have the XR-8--is there a weight i can use with those that works well for the fish?
Since I couldnt use the xrap, I switched to the sabiki and hooked a couple mullet on my first cast. Those got lost in the surf, I need to improve my live hooking/casting technique. I switched back to the sabiki to grab some bait, hopefully for after the game tonight, but didnt hook anything for another hour.

So take from this as you wish. I'm pretty positive that I made a sorry attempt at catching anything, but I didnt see anyone hooking stuff on the pier either and one guy that passed wasnt hooking anything.

I hope to bring many more reports in the coming days.
-Andrew

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by cvstrat »

whatisntseen wrote:Hey everyone. My name is Andrew. I'm a new member here that's only just gotten into land-based fishing. I've done plenty of fishing on boats, but I dont have one or the money for one so I'm trying to learn to manage the surf.

Anyways, I was at Dania Beach today, just North of the pier. If anyone was up there, they most definitely saw me. I got out there around 8:45a and fished until 12:30p.

Caught nothing. Tried fish finder and drop loop rigs with frozen shrimp but got nothing.
I was going to try my Xrap but couldnt cast it out with the wind. I have the XR-8--is there a weight i can use with those that works well for the fish?
Since I couldnt use the xrap, I switched to the sabiki and hooked a couple mullet on my first cast. Those got lost in the surf, I need to improve my live hooking/casting technique. I switched back to the sabiki to grab some bait, hopefully for after the game tonight, but didnt hook anything for another hour.

So take from this as you wish. I'm pretty positive that I made a sorry attempt at catching anything, but I didnt see anyone hooking stuff on the pier either and one guy that passed wasnt hooking anything.

I hope to bring many more reports in the coming days.
I've fished that area a good handful of times with one snook and one mangrove snapper to show for it. Seems to be a tough stretch of beach right now. Never really seen much in the way of bait along the beach. Hope it gets better.

Bluefish in ny
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Bluefish in ny »

It will!!!! End of July... August and Sept... into the mullet run, and until first few cold snaps!
My posts are just my opinion... Gathered from my research and my experiences in this passion we all share.. Dont hate if my opinion differs from yours... We all have opinions just like butt holes

surfside44
Fisher

Post by surfside44 »

Caught my first slot snook, 4 barracuda and two blue runners today off golden beach......all caught on yozuri miunnow and top water plug. Just before incoming high tide. Saw a school of 8-10 Tarpon, the ones in front looked to be 100 lb plus.

Pics of catch coming soon : )

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by cvstrat »

Caught two snook this morning on Dania beach. Looks to be getting better.

Return to “Broward County”