Hollywood / Dania Beach Fishing Reports 2011 to 2022

Boatless Fishing Reports for Broward County, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania, Lauderdale by the Sea, Pompano Beach
Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Hollywood / Dania Beach Fishing Reports 2011- "Reports O

Post by Chevy Juan »

thanks man :toast:

Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Re: Hollywood / Dania Beach Fishing Reports 2011-12

Post by Miamipescador »

Some nice dinner right there :toast:

phino
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phino »

delish catches!
"A woman who has never seen her husband fishing, doesn’t know what a patient man she married!"

ricky9
Old Salt

Post by ricky9 »

Sup guys,

Yesturday decided to have a picnic dinner down by the beach with my g/f and took along two rods and two dozen shrimp for poops and giggles.

When we arrived their we saw mullet being busted up a couple feet from shore. i tossed one out far and another close. Just as i was in the process in one occasion, mullet came crashing right on my feet and next thing you know one pulls up injured, i look and this snook comes from underneath and inhales this dude like nothing right before my eyes, worth not catching anything lol. Ill try to go out every other week and report on whats up.

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Nice jack miguel. Keep a rod handy man them cobes are around you dude.

migs24
Old Salt

Post by migs24 »

Uhh.. thanks Juan! Wrong thread though man lol

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

haha my bad bro, i always have a few tabs open all at once lol..take it easy. :dude:

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

Rijkaard wrote:Fished at my condo beach this morning from 6 to 8 hoping for a decent pompano bite.
lucky!! I used to live in a private condo on Hallandale beach, I could fish any time in the day I wanted, which condo is it?? I go through hollywood beach all the time, btw very nice catch!! :thumleft: :thumleft:
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

whatisntseen
Weekend Warrior

Post by whatisntseen »

Hey guys! Fished today not more than a mile north of the pier from about 6:30-8:30pm. Saw a couple of what I think was whiting popping up in the small surf. After about an hour of jigging while walking north, I hooked a keeper snook only about 10 yards from shore. Dont have the snook stamp right now, so I sent it back for another day. Didn't see any signs of sand fleas. The water was pretty calm. Overall nice night.
-Andrew

Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Post by Zebco »

8) That beach is flat and hard, really a mess. When I have seen fleas in that area while fishing, it is at a very specific time of the tide, then gone. Not the place I'd go searching for them right now.
............... Image

Don't even think about it

JustTVH
Seasoned Fisher

Post by JustTVH »

Finally got the stink off of me. Went 4/8 on snook on the beach yesterday. and 5/10 on bruiser jacks. Snook up to 36" and jacks about 10". All on artificial. Late incomming :reeling:

zeenman1
Weekend Warrior

Post by zeenman1 »

wilsontint wrote:Finally got the stink off of me. Went 4/8 on snook on the beach yesterday. and 5/10 on bruiser jacks. Snook up to 36" and jacks about 10". All on artificial. Late incomming :reeling:
Nice! Otw to that area now.
Get your Concealed Weapons License: http://www.homeandselfdefense.com

catch and release fisherman (fish are my friends!)

JustTVH
Seasoned Fisher

Post by JustTVH »

Any info on lloyd bait situation? anything doing?

Hook'N'BossNuggets
Weekend Warrior

Post by Hook'N'BossNuggets »

Friday evening I decided to walked the beach with some artificials. Walked for about an hour and was only able to find one cuda. Arm got sore from casting the heavier rod so I went and found a small bait pod and threw the net. Started free lining the pilchards in to the surf. No takers until about 45 min before dark, all hell broke loose. Ended with 5 decide jacks and these grovers.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Nice snapper... Gotta love them Cabos... They are my favorite hands down!

-swordfish

JMDOUG
Fisher

Post by JMDOUG »

Nice

jcfaur
Fisher

Re: Hollywood / Dania Beach Fishing Reports 2011-12-13

Post by jcfaur »

Anyone know of a legit place to fish from the surf at night in the hollywood area. Ive been fishing south of the pier north of sheridan street on the surf. Problem is at night its really dark there and seems kinda "shady". Dont get me wrong, im not scared of the dark, lol. Ive just encountered on more than one occasion random people popping up from nowhere kind of just standing there or walking around and then walking back out past the sea grapes and back to the parking lot. is that place pretty safe, am i just being paranoid? Or should i just find a different spot? I have a hand flash light with me as well as a head light and also an led lantern.

jcfaur
Fisher

Post by jcfaur »

PS. im asking this because i usually go alone. Most of my friends dont have patience when it comes to fishing. If there is no bite for about 5-10 minutes they give up. When im with my buddies i obviously dont worry about it much.

Backwoods123
Old Salt

Post by Backwoods123 »

most places on the beach are pretty much dark at night.... there are some weird people round the beaches of hollywood and dania at night... wear a scream mask while your fishing nobody will mess with ya.. :dude: :dude: :dude: :dude: :dude: :dude: :dude: :dude: :dude:

jcfaur
Fisher

Post by jcfaur »

SaltyDog wrote:I would avoid that area at night especially if you're leaving your car parked in the lot. The reason they pop back up there is to see how far from your car you are so they can break in. I know a lot of Hollywood cops and that area has A LOT of car break ins.
Thanks, ill keep that in mind. I usually set up shop straight out from the board walk entry to the beach especially for that reason. So from where im sitting i can usually see my car.

jcfaur
Fisher

Post by jcfaur »

Started fishing closer to hollywood beach where its not as "shady" at night. Been there for the past 2 weeks, just a bit south of sheridan. I like the place more because its cleaner, there are showers there to wash off my gear and i can bring the wife being that its safer and she can walk the broad walk of she gets bored. Caught a couple of the expected bluefish and whiting. I was surprised to find a nice size bone fish on my line a couple times. I was out there last night and things started picking up around 7:30pm when the tide was going out. My two buddies and i started getting taps on our pompano rigs around the same time and my buddy actually brought in an undersized pomp. I think a school shorts moved through. I also caught a decent sized bonefish again and a nice size ladyfish. Nothing for the table but definitely fun to fight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

soflafisher185
Fisher

Post by soflafisher185 »

jcfaur wrote:Started fishing closer to hollywood beach where its not as "shady" at night. Been there for the past 2 weeks, just a bit south of sheridan. I like the place more because its cleaner, there are showers there to wash off my gear and i can bring the wife being that its safer and she can walk the broad walk of she gets bored. Caught a couple of the expected bluefish and whiting. I was surprised to find a nice size bone fish on my line a couple times. I was out there last night and things started picking up around 7:30pm when the tide was going out. My two buddies and i started getting taps on our pompano rigs around the same time and my buddy actually brought in an undersized pomp. I think a school shorts moved through. I also caught a decent sized bonefish again and a nice size ladyfish. Nothing for the table but definitely fun to fight.
Wow! Nice bonefish!! Are those a common catch in this area?

jcfaur
Fisher

Post by jcfaur »

not sure if they are "common" but ive caught atleast one the last two times ive been out there. Ill let someone else chime in on that. I thought they were more common down south in the key biscayne area and the keys.

Then again ive caught quite a few peculiar fish lately. Longscale threadfins, guitarfish, stargazers, etc, lol. I just want some "normal" fish, for the table. haha.

kkarl84
Fisher

Post by kkarl84 »

Went out fishing tonight in Hollywood off the boardwalk, got out there around 5:30 and the bite started around 8 I caught a bonefish and 4 bluefish and lost a couple of others

jcfaur
Fisher

Post by jcfaur »

Where abouts were you? I was out there as well. Around new mexico street. Sucks, i left around 8...ohh well. Did come home with a keeper grover though. Made a nice little sammich when i got home. :)

jcfaur
Fisher

Post by jcfaur »

gonna probably walk the beach between dania pier and the jetty tomorrow morning for a couple hours. Anything in particular thats biting and on what? Not picky as to whats out there, just wanna wet some lines and have some fun. xraps? soft baits? live/frozen?

Dragon
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Dragon »

Went yesterday at daybreak. Small Mackerel everywhere as far as you can see north to south and most were just out of casting range but it was high tide and some came into the trough to feed. I caught one on a rattletrap but it wasn't worth cleaning so I released it. It was fun watching dozens them come out of the water as they were feeding. Lots of minnows and small pilchards and only one school of very small mullet. They fed until approximately 9:00 AM and then moved on. It was a perfect morning beautiful weather just like today. I wish I was there now.

Return to “Broward County”