BASIC BOTTOM RIGS

Post your How to Storys-Articles here and please only How To's related to Boatless Fishing.
fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: BASIC BOTTOM RIGS

Post by fishnfool73 »

GREEN TIDE That was the upside to that rig when I was shown it. I tried it and did not like it overall. It like most rigs has its time and place. I think it would be good for a deep water long leader rig.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Rijkaard
That looks like it would work. Good Graphic

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Beads are used to stop the swivel from slideing through the weights hole, in some cases the swivel choice is small and will slide inside of the weight.

Now on Pompano rigs the bead and also foam marshmellows are used above the hook as a fish attractant or to help the bait to bob with the current.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

PJ :)
Weekend Warrior

Post by PJ :) »

:stupid:
The diagrams were so helpful! I think I actually got it all right. Now.... How do I know when to use the different set ups? In general, can you stick to any one in particular? Or is it a different one each time depending on the fish and place? For example... I am going to fish Skyway in two weeks, which diagram would I use?
Sorry guys... But I gotta learn too! :roll:

Weekend Warrior

Thanks.
And truth be told.. I have no idea what i am targeting! :roll:

beachbound
Fisher

Post by beachbound »

PJ, Skyway really is great fishin! You will hook em there even as a beginner. Don't worry its great. And the people there are very helpful. I would chose to fish there even over the Keys. When will you be fishing up there?

IM CHUMMING
- Who Run It -

Post by IM CHUMMING »

tampa

IM CHUMMING
- Who Run It -

Post by IM CHUMMING »

:safe:

Weekend Warrior

Awe.... I feel the love :wink:

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Believe it or not, many of the grouper at Skyway are caught freelining over the rockpiles, hook a pinfish (or a live bluefish is even better) near the anal fin so they swim down and freeline over the rockpiles with the current.

Weekend Warrior

lol you posted that just as I was trying to translate what he means!

Weekend Warrior

PhishingPhanatic wrote:Believe it or not, many of the grouper at Skyway are caught freelining over the rockpiles, hook a pinfish (or a live bluefish is even better) near the anal fin so they swim down and freeline over the rockpiles with the current.
Sorry to ask, but what is freelining?

Weekend Warrior

Thanks for explaining guys. I think I like this freelining thing. The less complicated the more I like it. There has to be a catch to it. It sounds to easy. ???

Weekend Warrior

Very cool, Thank you! I appreciate the detailed explanations.

IM CHUMMING
- Who Run It -

Post by IM CHUMMING »

the line u have on your reel is 12# main and you should always use leader the # depends on what you are targetting.

BRunner346
"WE RUN IT"

Post by BRunner346 »

if you dont know how to tie those knots. animatedknots.com shows how each knot is tied. I really like that you ladies are making a strong effort to learn. they basically covered the whole freelining technique. should be pretty simple from the instructions given
"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."

Weekend Warrior

BRunner346 wrote:if you dont know how to tie those knots. animatedknots.com shows how each knot is tied. I really like that you ladies are making a strong effort to learn. they basically covered the whole freelining technique. should be pretty simple from the instructions given
BRunner... Thank you, that animated knots site was pretty cool!

kidfisher10
Seasoned Fisher

Post by kidfisher10 »

njp32 wrote:Well a few people asked me to post some here so here you go:

how do you tie that loop knot on the bank sinker? right now i just use a spider hitch or straight to swivel... great post thanks... i've been catching more fish with these rigs :reeling: :D ...thanks :toast:
Fish or die!!!!!!!!

crazyforfish
Fisher

Post by crazyforfish »

Great info guy's Thank you!, I will try some of the rigs on my next fishing night. :D

Kimilliondafever
Fisher

Post by Kimilliondafever »

PERFECT!! A diagram thank alot :dude:

DeadBait
Weekend Warrior

Post by DeadBait »

I agree. Some great info.

You guys are the best.

:thumleft:

englishadam
Seasoned Fisher

Post by englishadam »

great info thanks mate.

kidfisher10
Seasoned Fisher

Post by kidfisher10 »

another question... which will be best for muttons off anglins... and which for grovers?
Fish or die!!!!!!!!

LondonFisherman
Fisher

Post by LondonFisherman »

Below are two links that take you away from Boatless Fishing and, without care, you may lose your place here. I have asked how to make the links target=_blank so that when you exit you are returned here but have had no response. SO, in each case please notice that the top entry in each menu on the left displays a page within which there is a link to return you here.

SEA FISHING RIGS:
I don't make any claims for the following sea fishing rigs other than collecting them and presenting them in a manner that is easy to view:

http://www.datacraftuk.com/2007/sea_fis ... index.html
REMEMBER TO CLICK RETURN TO BOATLESS FISHING LINK AT THE ABOVE SITE TO RETURN HERE

FISHING KNOTS:
Again I don't take any credit for the following other than to collect details of different fishing knots and presenting them in a manner that is easy to use as a reference point:

http://www.datacraftuk.com/2007/fishing ... index.html
REMEMBER TO CLICK RETURN TO BOATLESS FISHING LINK AT THE ABOVE SITE TO RETURN HERE

You never know, you might find something in the above two links that makes sense to you enough for you to start using.
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans

BlueJay
Fisher

Post by BlueJay »

Great thread. Looks like there's circle hooks used in the photo's... Are circle hooks effective when using live shrimp ? Or should i stick to J's and set that hook ??
Save the Reef Y'all....

tj5485
Fisher

Post by tj5485 »

Does anyone have a diagram or a description of a breakaway rig? I have had many occurrences lately where i hook a fish but it gets snagged on the sinker and I can feel the fish on the hook. And then I have to break the whole rig. :mad:

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

tj5485 wrote:Does anyone have a diagram or a description of a breakaway rig? I have had many occurrences lately where i hook a fish but it gets snagged on the sinker and I can feel the fish on the hook. And then I have to break the whole rig. :mad:
All you have to do is use half or less the test lb of your main line and tied it to your sinker. The other end of your line that is tied to the sinker should be a swivel. String it thru your main line and you are done.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

tj5485
Fisher

Post by tj5485 »

ah, i see. Makes perfect sense.

Return to “How To's Articles”