Shrimp

byf
Fisher

Shrimp

Post by byf »

Where do you get your shrimp? Bait shop or seafood market?
How do you fish them?
Fishing for Reds.

bolo
USER BANNED

Re: Shrimp

Post by bolo »

Bait shop. Some places allow you to hand pick your shrimp.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

JSG2891
Seasoned Fisher

Post by JSG2891 »

Sometimes they'll show up around dock/pier lights at night and you can get all you need in one or two tosses of a cast net.

defrag
Seasoned Fisher

Post by defrag »

baitshop, the bigger the better. at least large or jumbo, handpicked is better

if all they have is little dink shrimp you may be better off trying out something else

diggin4grouper
KING MACKEREL

Post by diggin4grouper »

if you go and get your shrimp from a seafood market there is a preservitive on them that the fish can smell , all your going to catch is catfish and toads and puffers , i laugh at all these people that go to publix and get them that way , they are proceded when the come off the boat i know i used to do it ,

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

diggin4grouper wrote:if you go and get your shrimp from a seafood market there is a preservitive on them that the fish can smell , all your going to catch is catfish and toads and puffers , i laugh at all these people that go to publix and get them that way , they are proceded when the come off the boat i know i used to do it ,
I disagree, I and other people I know have bought fresh shrimp at Publix and used them with good success for pompano, whiting and other fish in the surf.

JSG2891
Seasoned Fisher

Post by JSG2891 »

Yeah, defrag is right..don't let them sell you half dead sorry looking baits..your best bet if you are going to buy your bait is to become a regular at a local bait and tackle shop and get in good with the guys/girls who run it..they'll hook you up if you show you are a good customer..i will never buy bait again, i tried it once and i saw how the guy was passing up all the nice sized pinfish and putting all the half dead little ones in my bucket..but to make up for that he also added a few tiny half dead shrimp as well..after he did me like that I said no thanks and went across the street and bought a cast net..smartest, biggest money saving move i've ever made as a fisherman.

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:
diggin4grouper wrote:if you go and get your shrimp from a seafood market there is a preservitive on them that the fish can smell , all your going to catch is catfish and toads and puffers , i laugh at all these people that go to publix and get them that way , they are proceded when the come off the boat i know i used to do it ,
I disagree, I and other people I know have bought fresh shrimp at Publix and used them with good success for pompano, whiting and other fish in the surf.
8) That was funny. I have watched shrimp go from the boat straight to the scale and straight to the window case. Nothing added. Also have seen thru the years those bagged popcorn shrimp bought and used and caught fish. Worked just fine for those silly people.

Return to “Species info--Dedicated to Targeting”