Fishing Trip Help

Help on different Boatless Fishing locations.
SirMatthew
Fisher

Fishing Trip Help

Post by SirMatthew »

Hey guys Ive been looking for a place to ask some questions about fishing around the keys. Im planning a trip down in the summer and wanted to learn a little before i got down there. I have a few questions that i was wondering if you could answer for me.

1. Are there smaller fish around the bridges to fish for? I'm not looking for anything huge just something fun and easy to catch.
2. Can you fish from the sides off the bridges where they begin? Im lookin to play with the fly rod while im down there and i dont think it can be done from on the bridge.
3. What bridges can you fish from?
4. Are there any flats to fly fish from that are accessible without a boat?

Sorry for the barage of questions but Illinois is a very different place to fish than Florida and I felt I needed some advice from people who know what they are doing. Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Fishing Trip Help

Post by fishnfool73 »

You can fish the bridges and several of the bridges as well. There is a flat on the Atlantic side you cant miss just past Outdoor World. I see lots of flyrodders there targeting bonefish. There is another flat at Anns beach. As far as smaller fish cudas , jacks, bonefish, and snapper are around along with smaller tarpon. If you are flyrod fishing exclusively try loud poppers or elongated streamer flies for jacks and cudas . For overall action hard to beat a 10 - 15 lb spinner on a 7 1/2 ft medium action rod with live shrimp on a jighead or with a split shot.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

SirMatthew
Fisher

Post by SirMatthew »

:salut: Thanks for the quick reply man! Can you give me the names of any good bridges? I have no idea where anything is down there.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Some of the bridges are closed right now for construction. Your best bet would be to ask this question a month or so out as some will reopen by then.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

SirMatthew
Fisher

Post by SirMatthew »

Ok thanks for the help man hopefully they will be open by the time i get down there.

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

Matt just hang around the forum spending time in the Keys section and you'll pick up all types of info.

Plus if you haven't found it yet check out this topic: http://boatlessfishing.com/forum/viewto ... =12&t=1045
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

SirMatthew
Fisher

Post by SirMatthew »

Thanks for the link man! That had the kind of info i was looking for. :cheers:

Return to “Fishing Location Help”