New to SW Florida, need help please.

Help on different Boatless Fishing locations.
oneyedwilly

New to SW Florida, need help please.

Post by oneyedwilly »

Hi, I'm new to the Englewood area and would love some fishing advice. I don't have a boat so fishing off bridges, piers and beaches seems the only way to go for now. I was wondering if there were any good spots to start with. I don't mind traveling a little ways inorder to fish unique spots. Also, what kind of fishing gear do I need. I have a rod and reel, but have no idea what kind of tackle and bait to use. I guess it depends on the type of fish I'm looking to catch, I just would like some basic start up help. Thanks

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: New to SW Florida, need help please.

Post by fixed80 »

Hi oneyedwilly. since you live in SW Florida.......... you have great places to fish around there.
And if you want to know about gear & tackle, talk t Bolo or fishnfool73. they know everything. :)

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

welcome 8)

oneyedwilly

Post by oneyedwilly »

thank you!

kiz
Seasoned Fisher

Post by kiz »

This site has more than enough info to get started just use the search feature or browse through some post. The guys on this site are extremely helpful as well. Welcom and good luck :thumright:
Pucked up brewery
"adding more ABV per bottle so you can add more inches to your last catch...

JSG2891
Seasoned Fisher

Post by JSG2891 »

I'm in swfl also, still learning the land based fishing areas around here myself but I'm about an hour or so south of you. If you don't mind traveling a bit, the beaches from sanibel on down to marco island are pretty productive and there is a variety of species..big, small, and inbetween that you can target.

Return to “Fishing Location Help”