Fishing in Jupiter, FL area

Help on different Boatless Fishing locations.
jupiter31
Fisher

Fishing in Jupiter, FL area

Post by jupiter31 »

I live in Jupiter and want to start fishing the bridges, Jupiter Inlet, Juno Pier, beaches, etc. I have several questions and would be very grateful if some local anglers (or any fisherman) could answer my questions?

First off, I'm not targeting any specific fish, I just want to catch fish! Obviously the bigger the better!

What are good artificial baits to use? And what sort of rigging / technique do you use?
What are the best times to fish Jupiter inlet?
Do you catch your own bait at the inlet? If so, is cast net or sabiki better to use there?

What tackle, bait, and rigging set up do you recommend at Juno Pier, Jupiter Inlet, and bridges?
Which bridge in the are is likely to have the best action? I'm thinking about fishing the bridge between Jupiter and Tequesta on Alt A1A.

Any other tips you may have are greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Fishing in Jupiter, FL area

Post by fixed80 »

What are good artificial baits to use?
sea striker spoons, storm baits, mirror lures, windcheaters ex.

And what sort of rigging?
you can use a blood knot to tie the main line to the leader.

What are the best times to fish Jupiter inlet?
during the mullet migration which is from September - October I believe.

Do you catch your own bait at the inlet?
you can but there could be better bait elsewhere also.

is cast net or sabiki better to use there?
sabiki works great at Jupiter inlet.

What tackle, bait, and rigging set up do you recommend at Juno Pier, Jupiter Inlet, and bridges?
depending on what fish you target, tackle can vary on some days. if the macks are out, light to mid action rods are best. you might want to carry a heavy action spinning rod in case of a big tarpon, cobia, cuda, jack or even a kingfish swims by. artificial's like said earlier especial a big spoon works well. live baits like pilchards, gogs, ballyhoo, croaker and ex will work too. if not sight casting, let the bait swim away from the pier, bridge, or beach from which your fishing. if you want to free line your bait or use lure, use the blood knot for your rig. if you want to keep a bait on the bottom, use a sliding sinker rig(commonly used and easy to set up)with what-ever size egg sinker you want. dont over size on it though. there are other rids that require 3 way swivels and different sinkers, but you can ask on that.

Which bridge in the are is likely to have the best action? I'm thinking about fishing the bridge between Jupiter and Tequesta on Alt A1A.
ive been there before and caught small muttons. other than that, it was real trashy on the catwalk and there were quite a few shady characters down there at least at the time i went. best off sticking to the beach, or pier instead.

jupiter31
Fisher

Re: Fishing in Jupiter, FL area

Post by jupiter31 »

Thanks for your help guys!

Return to “Fishing Location Help”