Germany July 19th. 2014

Please share your reports from other Country's, we love to see what other lands have to offer and the adventure of how you hunt your fish.
Marcelk
Seasoned Fisher

Germany July 19th. 2014

Post by Marcelk »

Hot as hell that is how you could describe yesterdays weather with temps around the 30 degrees+.
The only comfort was the wind and where possible shade.

Fish where very active though and I started catching small roach quickly.
Even more interesting was the fact that fish where surface feeding so I eventually switched from small nymphs to small sedge patterns.

Surface feeding roach. Плотва

Some of the rises where so agressive that I suspected trout where the culprit but these where at locations I could not reach.
My first catch on the dry was rather surprisingly a small roach.

Dace on the dry fly. Елец

Then the dace came and I caught quite a few of them.
In one section of the stream that was shallow and wide the fish where everywhere with some pretty big dace mixed in.
At first I thought it would be easy pickings but as my little segde landed on the water the fish spooked and headed in every direction.
With a little more care I managed to catch one of the big ones but the sun got to me so I moved on.

Dace on the dry fly, in this case small deerhair segde pattern size 14 / 15. Елец

Hot and sunny in the open.

I made a stop at the pub for lunch and opted to leave the (empty) beergarden for what it was and at inside.
I had expected to see a lot of people on bikes today but it was just too darn hot.
The afternoon session was spent under the canopy of the forest which made fishing bareble.

Roach on a buzzer type fly, golden jig hook - tungsten bead - peacock herl -
body of black thread ribbed with pear tinsel and finally coated with bug bond.

Nice brown trout Ручьевая форель

Wild arum

Roach. Плотва

At one of my hotspots the fish where teeming, from my vantage point high above the water I spotted roach, dace and gudgeons moving about in a frenzy.
When another fish moved in and the small one dispersed with lightning speed I knew it was a trout and as luck will have it I caught it in the end.

Days end, fields close to harvesting time.

I ended the day pretty late with a stop at the hatchery as I wanted to see if anybody was around and hear the latest news about the syndicate.
The place was packed by coincidence as our chairman was throwing a family party so I hung around for a couple of cold beers before heading home.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Germany July 19th. 2014

Post by crashmister »

As always great report Marcelk! Reminds me of the time I spent in LaCross Wisconsin. The streams are similar, the Trout about the same.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Return to “Other Countrys”