Jetty Park "Fishing Reports" 2013 to 2022

Boatless Fishing Reports for the three Countys including these areas Sebastian Inlet, Melbourne Beach, Indian Shores, Wabasso Beach, Fort Pierce, Port St lucie, .Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach Shores, New Smyrna Beach, Ormond Beach, Pierson, Ponce Inlet, Port Orange, South Daytona.
opiato
Old Salt

Re: Jetty Park "Fishing Reports" 2013-2014

Post by opiato »

Ill hopefully be goin out sunday morning. Probably gona be surf fishing flagler for whiting and sharks but jetty parks my plan B. Gona be awesome weather this wknd!

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

It was slow, but I only got 3 hours of fishing time Haha... I landed one monster whiing(19") that came home for dinner and a tiny little Goliath grouper and the biggest toad fish of my life haha. Must have been like 2 pounds and Ugly!!! Water was surprisingly clear untill the cruise ships went by and then it got muddy. The sheepshead dudes had really bad days. I didn't see one landed and the guy I met last week who had caught 8 got skunked yesterday.. I saw a bunch of rays swimming by and was kicking myself for not having a rod rigged with a jig because I bet there were some cobes around... Oh I saw a guy hook up to a manatee and it went beserk and i laughed as that guy went running after it while getting spooled... Hopefully it improves for me out there! Good luck!

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

It was an awesome day :sunny: didnt go to jetty park but i was surf fishing near flagler. Fishing was so so. Got a few nice whiting. Some for dinner and one for shark bait but it didnt get touched. Still a beautiful day at the beach though. Water cleared up as the tide went out.

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Water was soooo cold. Ice cold is no exaggeration. Was hopin for some pomps too but no luck. Had something picking apart my finger mullet too. Bite marks were real small though. Little bluefish maybe?

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Fished the park today from 2-6. Fishing was slow... Fished the incoming tide and nobody was catching anything but I managed to get a 16" flounder and that was it. A FWC officer was sitting at the entrance of the old pier surveying all the fisherman and checking coolers and he said that we had got the first fish he saw all day and this was at 6pm haha so it was a slow day for most people... Lots of rays out there and loads of boats going out after cobes... Also the park was packed because of spring break in some areas and many people on vacation. Tight lines!

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Fished the park again today from 1:30-8:00... Fishing was pretty slow at first but heated up in the afternoon and then the bite went on fire for a while. I landed 2 flounder 2 sheepshead and 4 margates. Also a bunch of little snapper... Towards sunset a lady hooked up and landed a perfect on the dot 30" snook on a cut bait! It was insane... She was super thrilled!! Other than that I didn't see any one else have much luck. Lots of mullet out there and a bunch of activity in the port, so hopefully as the weather heats up, the fishing will too! Tight lines!

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Very happy to hear life has returned to jetty park. Nice work on your catches. Might have to make a trip out there soon. Thanks for the report

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

I'll be there this weekend, so hopefully the fishing remains good!

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Haha, I was amazed and jealous when she caught that fish!! Here I am fishing prime baits 20 feet away and she caught a snook and she didn't even know what it was! You never know... Yeah next weekend I am staying away from the park too, probably gonna hit playalinda. Hopefully it is less crowded tomorrow, last week they didn't even let us in because the Park was "Full" so I had to go kill time fishing a different spot for a couple hours and then I headed back after 1... I'll report how it goes!

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Lookin forward to your report. Thanks for the tips jp. Weve got the kids this wknd and they like the west coast more cuz the surfs calmer and they can go swimming, so ill be there fishing a low tide. Not expecting much, but im hoping to have a solo trip to jetty park late next friday night. Are cobia active at night too?

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

I know of plenty of cobia caught at night. It is not the rule nor is it the exception.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Hit the port yesterday from 1-7:30. Fishing was good for me because I caught a snook :cheers: , but it wasn't slot :mad: haha. It was around 25" but still an awesome catch for me! Hopefully next time I catch it it will be slot... I also landed I 10.5 inch snapper and a margate so at least I didn't come home hungry. I saw one flounder landed and a huge trip landed! The guy who caught it was extremely friendly and I gave him my bait as i left so he shared his secrets with me on how to catch them! This dude caught 7 this week alone and he had pics to back it up!! Next time I am definitely gonna try for them... I won't be heading there next week but hopefully in two weeks ill be out there again so hopefully the fishing only improves. Tight lines!

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Glad to hear you had some success but how did you get a line in the water?? I actually ended up getting to go there yesterday and it was so crowded i couldnt even find a parking spot. I got there a little before 2pm, did one pass through the parking lot then said 'nope.' Drove south n surf fished somewhere near the air force base. First time there. Interesting spot. Very rocky beach but very fishy. Nothing worth bragging over but a wide variety all caught on clams on the incoming tide. Had a shark hit a jack i swam out but the line broke. Definitely not goin near jetty park next week after that crowd i saw this week.

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Wasn't as bad as last week haha...they didn't even let us in at first then. Most of the people were on the beach so I got a spot on the pier and when I saw my usual spot free up, I moved over there but that was closer to 4... I've wanted to check the PAB area for a long time, I've heard there are some snook over there. Was it less busy then Jetty? If so I might hit that next week because I don't like Playalindas early closing times....

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Pelican beach is the name of the spot i was at but theres a ton of public beach accesses in that area. There were crowds at all of em but no where near as bad as jetty park. That closing time at playalinda is definitely a deal breaker for me.

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

jettypark28 wrote:Cobia at nite :shock: just goes to show you that anything is possible.... I knew better
when I said that... because almost everything people have ever told me about fishing..
is "NEVER" set in stone.... lol.... glad to hear you guys are doing well out there...
damn I need to get my rear out there.. :mrgreen:

Yes you do. The fish are getting very active. The best indicator ive found for the bite on the coast has been the bass in the lake in my backyard. Whenever theyre more active, i catch more fish at the beach. And theyve been biting good. Lookin forward to this wknd. Dont know where ill be yet but im getting fresh braid on my heavy gear tomorrow so that shark wont get away this time.

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

I'll be at the surf this weekend so hopefully the bite will be good. Looking to get me some pompano hopefully... Lemme know how you do!

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Haha, I won't be going near JP, I know what you mean...I'm going to be Hitting the surf at Playalinda probably, that usually is less crowded. Hopefully it's good out there!

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Fished Jettypark from 1-6pm. Landed a bunch of 9 inch snappers but only got 3 keepers. Saw a nice flounder landed and a Huge triple tail landed out there again. Ran into Opiato on my way Out, so Hoepfully he did better than me. Weather is heating up with the summer, and hopefully the fishing gets better too. Tight lines!

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Not really....high tide at sunset. Waters clean clear and calm. Was expecting more. Maybe the water was TOO calm. Was out towards the end of the pier. Caught alota margates on clams tossed near the jetty. When the sun went down, it was all sharks and stingrays. Southern rays and a variety of sharks all 3-4ft. This was the highlight of my night...

First hammerhead thats not a pup. Scalloped hammerhead?? Heard people saying EVERYBODY was catching triple tails on mullet last night, but i only saw sharks n rays tonight. Oh...mullet are makin appearances again but not in great numbers yet.

Good to see you too, mo. You can call me adam by the way :toast:

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Ha yeah man. Thats my gf holdin it. See, im a big dude, so the shark looks bigger with her holding it instead of me :wink:

Thanks for the tips. Hope to be out there more AND surf fishing for some bigger sharks now that the weathers finally warming up.

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Nice job on the shark man, that's a good one!! I'll be out there the next couple of weekends so ill definitely see you jetty, I'll PM you closer to the time. It's good to hear the bait is showing up, that usually means the fishing will improve. This week a lot of the snapper were 9 inches so hopefully by next weekend they will be keepers. Tight lines!

Return to “Brevard--Indian River--St Lucie Countys--Volusia”