Jetty Park "Fishing Reports" 2013 to 2022

Boatless Fishing Reports for the three Countys including these areas Sebastian Inlet, Melbourne Beach, Indian Shores, Wabasso Beach, Fort Pierce, Port St lucie, .Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach Shores, New Smyrna Beach, Ormond Beach, Pierson, Ponce Inlet, Port Orange, South Daytona.
tears143
KING MACKEREL

Re: Jetty Park "Fishing Reports" 2013

Post by tears143 »

I like the small eating one... Yeah I heard about them bruiser in the ICW or haulover canal. I got offshore gear, so I'll be fine ;).

JP have them year round doesn't mean they are easy to catch. >.< Waiting for them to be there in large numbers... and catch some. :)

I heard tripletail should be heading your way. :)

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

The eating sized black drum are THICK at cocoa Bach pier right now....

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

That's awesome... let see if I got time to go this week.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

no over head casting??? WTF???!?

snookmaster69
Fisher

Post by snookmaster69 »

The pier is more like a place to and have drinks, a bar at the end of the pier :drunk:

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Fished the pm high tide last night. Friday probably woulda been better before the front moved in but saturday was my only chance to go. Water was a little murky, and only a few mullet showed up as the night went on. Too far out to net though. Used shrimp and pinfish for bait but didn't get a run all night.

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Fished the park this afternoon and evening. The bait stores were short on shrimp because the boats didn't make it out but I managed to get some. Dunno if they will have any tomorrow. Lots of bait in the water too. I managed one flounder around 13 inches in the afternoon and got 3 keeper snappers right at sunset. After dark I got a solid 13" snapper and one more smaller keeper but I ran out of bait so we called it a night.. The winds were predicted to be high but thy were actually really pleasant around 5-6 mph... I left my tackle box on the pier an only realized when I got home so some lucky guy got a few new lures... The fishing is hot out there so good luck!

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Fished the park yesterday from 3pm-6pm. Fishing was really on fire yesterday and the snapper were thick! I landed 4 keeper mangroves(one was 14 inches) and a keeper mutton snapper!! Mutton snapper are rare up here so that was an awesome surprise! I also caught two black margate that were big. I was supposed to stay till 9 and I wanted to fish those first few hours of the outgoing tide but I ran out of bait again haha... I need to start buying more... Tight lines!

MHERRON2213
Fisher

Post by MHERRON2213 »

Great looking fish. She is absolutely beaming. We are coming down in Early April. Maybe we can hook up for a day at the Park. Sorry it did not work in Jult this year.

Mike

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Nice catch! Was that on pinfish or mullet? I went out yesterday morning for high tide with some shrimp and clams. Water was pretty murky but there was alota fish. Hopin for pompano but no one got any. A lot of skip jacks being caught on shrimp. Cut them up and cast em out as far as you can and then there will be plenty of blue fish to play with. Kept one for shark bait for later this week. Got some undersize snappers n sheepsheads casting clams near the rocks. High point of the day was a big jack 1 1/2 to 2 ft on shrimp dropped straight down from the pier. Fun fight but nothing caught for dinner.

MHERRON2213
Fisher

Post by MHERRON2213 »

Just so all of you will be so glad you are in Florida - Please take a peek at our catch last weekend.
ice_pile.jpg
Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

I had that problem too...baits gettin dropped, picked off, or bit in half. The skipjacks and blues were using up a lot of my bait. I forgot to mention that I kept seeing some big fish jumping out in the middle of the channel. They were very far away so I couldn't tell what they were. Looked brown on top n white on the bottom. Cobia?

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

opiato wrote:I had that problem too...baits gettin dropped, picked off, or bit in half. The skipjacks and blues were using up a lot of my bait. I forgot to mention that I kept seeing some big fish jumping out in the middle of the channel. They were very far away so I couldn't tell what they were. Looked brown on top n white on the bottom. Cobia?
Sound like Cobia!

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Dang!! That is a massive red, nice catch!! Sounds like I need to take a drive to the port soon...

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Waters a lot more clear today, but I didn't even get a nibble... :scratch:

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Does anyone know if there's a schedule for the submarine to come in and out of port? I've seen it a couple times over the years by chance but want to bring the kids to see it.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

I would be REALLY surprised Opiato, even more surprised if they make it public... Of course I mean if it is a Navy sub and not a civilian one. It is pretty cool to see though!

-swordfish

Dre'
Fisher

Post by Dre' »

Believe it or not but we use to be able to fish right in there... most of the time nothing
was said and that place was a gold mine....but then came 9/11 :mad:
and they shut everything down....[/quote]

I believe it, my dad worked for Nasa and used to take us over there and fish all the time. We fished righ next to ships. Oh yeah and I can't forget how awesome Morton Salt area was to fish. The port is nothing like it used to be. I can remember all the fishing boats that uesd to be around and the fisher men would sometimes give great deals on deep sea fish. eatpop

MHERRON2213
Fisher

Post by MHERRON2213 »

Hi folks:

Wondering if someone is going to open a 2014 version of this thread? I have enjoyed reading and contributing to this thread.

Mike

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

:uplol: nice...

Thanks for the info on the submarine too

fishinmission
Fisher

Post by fishinmission »

where is the best place for bull reds...the locks or the main channel by jetty park? :reeling:

Return to “Brevard--Indian River--St Lucie Countys--Volusia”