Boynton Beach surf reports 2012-2022

Boatless Fishing Reports for Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton, Delray, Juno.
Martin County, Hobe Sound, Indian town, Port Mayaki
Xpierrat
Old Salt

Boynton Beach surf reports 2012-2022

Post by Xpierrat »

Well I see one for Juno and for Delray but nothing for Boynton so I guess I will start one.... LOL

Kinda stayed around the house today with the wind doing its westerly thing and caught up on some tackle maintenance and such but come 5 or so I had the itch and it looked like the wind was dropping a bit so asked the wife if she wanted to do a walk on the beach.... oh and by the way I will ( make that ) can I bring a rod.....

well she said fine and not in that tone of voice either so we headed to the inlet and started North..... was a nice walk and I even tossed a plug a few times .... low tide west wind clear water.... well I figured the walk would be nice and it was.... did find this feisty guy to play with for a bit before I sent him back on his way....
lots of fun on 10 lb line and a lite rod....
with storms hitting up Lake worth way and not being able to see over the dunes what might be coming our way.... we decided to head back.... did see several snook coming up on the south inlet jetty as we walked back past the jetties.....

Plan on hitting the beach more and more as the snook move in.... just need a better tides to fish
Rick

Floridahogfish
Old Salt

Re: Boynton Beach surf reports

Post by Floridahogfish »

there you go rick nice one was gonna call you today and see what you where up to, hopefully nxt week we can hit the gulfstream or the pier, catch you later
Team Ruff Around The Edges
"Make Money Take Money"

Xpierrat
Old Salt

Post by Xpierrat »

LOL yea I had to drive today because of the tri rail accident.... normally I tri rail in most days...saves the wear and tear on the car and my sanity.... It will take a bit to zero in on everything but I will take it a little at a time... still will take the better fishing up here even if I did have to drive every day...
Rick

Xpierrat
Old Salt

Post by Xpierrat »

Tides are going to better the next week or so.... this am walk had ese wind maybe 5 to 8 mph or so.... surf was clear but way to many weeds to fish without problems..... did find a couple areas where the weeds were not as bad and found a couple little guys to play with.... weight was some where around 34 to maybe 47......... ounces....that is.

Image number 14 X rap or was it a number 10 ????? you know how old age is..... can't remember Chit! LOL
Rick

migs24
Old Salt

Post by migs24 »

Good deal. I went out on the 4th earlier in the day and caught some of the incoming. And that's about all I caught. I knew I'd be short on luck because of the full moon but I just needed to get out of the house and enjoy the day off. Walked the the beach for about 3 hrs and not one fish landed. BUT there were plenty of snook and tarpon doing the dirty.... Everywhere! Tons of male tarpon chasing the big ol ladies and a ton of smaller snook doing the same. The snook population is very healthy and I can only imagine what the inlets look like underwater. Can't wait till season.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Nice fun Rick, thanks for sharing :toast:

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Great job guys keep it going.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

:toast:

Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL

Post by Sirsnookalot »

I was fishing the last of the outgoing the last couple of days, nada. On some of the flat days this week we had some cuda coming in, I caught on tubes a 50" Sunday and 43" Tuesday, had quite a few followers and a few others just gave me a swirl. A small one on a gotcha yesterday, like about 25".

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

Xpierrat wrote:Tides are going to better the next week or so.... this am walk had ese wind maybe 5 to 8 mph or so.... surf was clear but way to many weeds to fish without problems..... did find a couple areas where the weeds were not as bad and found a couple little guys to play with.... weight was some where around 34 to maybe 47......... ounces....that is.

Image number 14 X rap or was it a number 10 ????? you know how old age is..... can't remember Chit! LOL

No way Rick, That fish can't be between more then 33 ounces- and would never top 47, top end could never be more then 45.5.......... :chillpill: Just goo-fin. :biglaugh: Nice post

migs24
Old Salt

Re: Boynton Beach surf reports 2012-2013

Post by migs24 »

Took a stroll down the beach yesterday working arti's just to see what's around. Lots of fresh water coming out and plenty of stained water. Went 0/4 on snook.. forgot how prissy they can be when they're not hot and in feeding mode. Didn't see any jacks, runners, or cudas the dirty water probably has them at a distance from shore. Micro baits on both in and outgoing, I must of walked a good 3-400yds and the first trough had bait all throughout. Can't wait till the baits get bigger.

Return to “Palm Beach and Martin Countys”