VIEW ALL NEW POSTS HERE - Click Here

New User Registration has been temporarily suspended as of 09/27/17 will resume shortly

Grouper Jigs

[ View new posts ]

Post your How to Storys-Articles here and please only How To's related to Boatless Fishing.

Grouper Jigs

Postby Pilgrim » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:59 pm

I've recently purchased one of these. I know that they have been used for a long time but I had never seen or heard of them until recently. If it's time tested and produces..then I'd like to learn about it and how to use it. I know some people tip them with squid, ballyhoo or other baitfish...or they simply jig it without anything on it. Can someone tell me how they fish them or jig them correctly? I want to try it out next time I go out.

I got an 8oz in white with chartreuse. For deep water.
..as having nothing, yet possessing everything.
Pilgrim
Weekend Warrior

Re: Grouper Jigs

Postby full-cooler » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:51 pm

Where did you get that jig from ?
full-cooler
Seasoned Fisher

Postby Old School » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:47 pm

Place a ballyhoo on it and drop it down on a large wreck in 220 to 250 depth range and you might hook an AJ that will probably cut you off on the wreck or a Cuda will just cut you off on the drop.

Or drop it down on a ledge in 115 to 135 ft and you might hook up to a grouper. And you will have a better chance of pulling that fish up before it fines a hole.
Old School
Seasoned Fisher

Postby full-cooler » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:38 pm

Where did you get those jigs ?
full-cooler
Seasoned Fisher

Postby Miami_Chris » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:37 pm

Looks like a custom jig bro. Check out getting jiggy USA and c and b custom jigs. Both Florida dudes that will tie up your jigs however you want.
Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Postby full-cooler » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:21 am

Miami_Chris wrote:Looks like a custom jig bro. Check out getting jiggy USA and c and b custom jigs. Both Florida dudes that will tie up your jigs however you want.

Good looking out bih
full-cooler
Seasoned Fisher

Return to How To's Articles