1st Official Cleanup Date: 9/20/2008 8:00a.m.-12:00p.m.

This is all past threads on the different Adopt a bridge events that we have joined together and done.
cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: 1st Official Cleanup Date: 9/20/2008 8:00a.m.-12:00p.m.

Post by cudaman »

Well I just woke up (didn't go to sleep at all, I m too exited to sleep). I am about to get ready. I didn't see a wide dust broom on the list there so I will be bringing one, lots of small rusted hooks on the floor in there. I will also bring some drinks and some extra hands.

See you all there... :toast:
That loves to fish.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Great to see everyone out there, I know we made a great impression and difference...it was amazing how much nasty garbage there was, those biohazard bags were appropriate.

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

I had great time and I am a very lucky person to have created this site and found such incredible members and Friends that they would take the time out of there life and help as they did today.

I know I thanked everyone but let me do it again Thank you everyone and Elly a Super big Hats off to you.

Pics and Video to follow in a couple of days as soon as I can make some extra time, I think Monday.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Tommy, is it possible to use Rob picture on the front page of Boatless with a little write up? Also, that picture would be a great press release. Is there a way we can send a press release to susan cocking from the Miami herald. This deserve public recognition what Tommy, Elly, and entire Boatless crew did. This maybe will tigger other people willing to help too that is not Boatless. Tommy, we talk about this. We should find a way so kids can get credit in community service so this way we get more help.

Great job everyone who came out and help. It makes me proud to be part of the Boatless Family. Thank you Tommy and Elly. :D
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Hats off to all that showed up and gave their efforts, especially to Elly and all that helped with the idea... :toast:

I had a lot of fun and I my body is sore and in my mind I still think on the smell of that mono filament line balls that came from under the rocks... :puker:
That loves to fish.

*~Fishy-Face~*
FISHING BEAUTY

Post by *~Fishy-Face~* »

Morning! I hope everyone is as sore as I am this morning =0) that means you ALL did a GREAT JOB! I'm sooooo proud of everyone that came out yesterday. As much as I would LOVE to take all the credit and all the wonderful comments/praise I've gotten from our group, bottom line is I couldn't have done it w/out YOU! so....THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH for making us shine out there!

As I've shared with some of you the next tentative cleanup date is set for 10/18/2008, same time and place. I hope yesterday's labor didn't discourage anyone from future cleanups =0( I hope to see you all out there once again...Maybe this time we can all dress up in costumes and have an early Halloween!! LOL :biglaugh:

Anyhoo, here are some good times I'd like to share with everyone! BTW, Thanks Rob for the awesome shot! I'll be using that picture for our press release and Tommy, our leader/camera man for some interesting video...comming soon!

Pre-cleanup Breakfast @ Cracker Barrel:

At the Bridge:
Awww...how sweet! LOL
Kentucky ROB!
Shout out to the BESTEST gutter cleaners! :thumleft:
Herbert & La Familia...you guys rock! :thumleft:
My baby and his shadow, Danica! :lol:
Our Sleep-deprived Leader, GO TOMMY! :pirat:
I was patiently waiting for Ricky to fall... :twisted:
But he didn't!
My original rock crew: Paulie, Gus and Rory... :thumright:
This area SUCKED!
Alex and his awesome wifey! :thumleft:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KMXrYt6pHDk&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KMXrYt6pHDk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
In reality...24 of us were in attendance :cheers:
Rob and his princesses! :king: you guys rule!

Post-cleanup @ Robbies:
Best group EVER!! :cheers:

And now my Fav. BLOOPERS:
**Jaws theme song**...
OWNED!
OWNED!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qFwMfzVKgW0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qFwMfzVKgW0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
March of the Lemmings!

And alas, I don't have pictures for these...but they're def. worth mentioning...
Gus and Alex busting their (_/_)'s on the rocks
Herbert's spanish rendition and side casting lesson to the reff's
Chris's UN bottle collection
Herbert's son smashing a propane tank on the rocks...repeatedly :biglaugh:
I know there were plenty more I'm 4getting so...feel free to add.
~*Elly*~, BoatlessFishing.com Ambassador

*~Fishy-Face~*
FISHING BEAUTY

Post by *~Fishy-Face~* »

oh yes...I knew I 4got something...how can I 4get the small weeds that were beginning to burn thanks to GUS'S litter'd cigarette...way to set an example!! :stupid:

mickey999
Seasoned Fisher

Post by mickey999 »

Well done people :thumright: Its nice to see somebody actually doing something about environment cleanup/protection as opposed to just talking about it like so many people do,where I live I have seen many waters closed to fishing because of littering/bird deaths from tangled lines etc.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Finally got back from the Keys. A nice hot meal and nice cold bed. :D Here are a few pictures I took at Cracker Barrel.

Chris, Elly, and Chris' friend. (Forgot her name. She is not part of Boatless and she contributed her time to help. :thumleft: )

Karen (My girl :D ) and Robert aka WhoDey ... also know as The General in his underground video game world. :roll:

Cracker Barrel Antique Reel and Rods.

This is my reward after cleaning up at Channel 2. 30" and 37" :D
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

WhoDey
KING MACKEREL

Post by WhoDey »

Was a very rewarding trip, I will do that again anytime we have a date setup.

By the way, nicely done Bolo with the Permit. I bet the cats in the neighborhood will be happy you brought them something to eat, and thats Supreme Overlord General to you!
Team Locked Drag
2009 Big Hammer Challenge Bridge champs
2009 ShoreBound Tourney Bridge & Pier champs
2008 ShoreBound Tourney Bridge & Pier champs

See us in action!

baitwetter
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by baitwetter »

nice pics Elle! My a$$ and my wounds thank you! I have been in pain all day but still cant wait to do it again. But please, no more pics of my rear end ok? :scold:

Hey, where can I pick up my two permit? :lol:
Sad to be sitting out this years Shorebound Shark Tourney due to work issues. Good luck to all that participate!!!

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

As I rode home tired and sore I couldn't help but feel a sense of pride. We made a difference in a small part of the Keys that many of us fish and love. We came together as a group of concerned citizens and friends and did something to ease a problem that many of us whined about for years but did nothing to address. Great job by all that took the time out of their busy lives to make a difference in the world. My favorite parts of the trip was the two bikers who stopped to take pictures of the sunrise and saw us working and walked to the nearest trash barrel with handfuls of garbage they picked up and the old lady on the bike shouting how we were her best friends for our efforts. Nice catching up with old friends and meeting a few more there. The hard work is done with that bizatch of an intial cleanup . Now we just have to keep it up . BOLO the bridges rewarded you for your hard work... :lol: I only hope that future cleanups are as successful and the volunters as numerous. I would like everyone who heads down to fish the Keys to take just a few minutes on their way home to stop and cleanup a piece of the bridge and then post it here. If we do this the bridge will not be as bad as it was. I am sure that our efforts will rub off on a few people that see us and who knows we may have more volunters next trip out. Again great job proud of everyone who could join this effort.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

picua
Seasoned Fisher

Post by picua »

My hats off to all you who participated. Hopefully I can make the next one.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

WhoDey wrote:I bet the cats in the neighborhood will be happy you brought them something to eat...
Shiaaaat, the felines in Bolo's hood are feelin good to just be off the menu a couple days at least.... :joker: :P :P :P

Great work down there folks - you all should feel very good about yourselves !
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

[quote="*~Fishy-Face~*"]
Chris's UN bottle collection
[/ eatpop quote]

If you found a Heineken, Corona, and Presidente bottle in the same hole, you got the Ch 2. grand slam!

4wheelangler
KING MACKEREL

Post by 4wheelangler »

Great job gang! This was a great success. I know someone who went fishing down there(ch2, ch5, etc) from yesterday afternoon(sat 9/20) until this morning and they were impressed by the difference on ch2. Said there was a big pile of bags right by the entrance and couldn't believe so much junk came from that little bridge. I wish I could've been there! I'll definitely make the next one, even if I have to sleep on the bridge the night before... lol.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Glad to see you got a nice reward Bolo... :toast:

Here are some more of the after clean up at Robbie's:
2008-09-20 056_small1.jpg
2008-09-20 059_small2.jpg
2008-09-20 057_small3.jpg
2008-09-20 062_small5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
That loves to fish.

*~Fishy-Face~*
FISHING BEAUTY

Post by *~Fishy-Face~* »

Herb, I didn't know we were on "candid camera" :biglaugh: look how tired we all look LOL.

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

Well done folks. Sorry I missed the fun. Thanks to Bolo for calling me while I was trying to sleep away my cold. :twisted:
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

Monica
Fisher

Post by Monica »

Great photos! I will send Elly mine today. A HUGE thanks from the Office of Greenways & Trails for a GREAT turnout for your first Adopt-A-Bridge cleanup!! Of course, thanks to Elly for organizing and Tommy for bringing this site online. The communication on this forum is really awesome! I can definitely sign off on community service hours, either the day of a cleanup (I plan to meet you at future ones as long as I don't have a conflict) or by fax 305-853-3574. By the way, the Bio-bags created quite a flurry of phone calls between DEP, the county sheriff and the Village of Islamorada (unbeknowst to me until this morning)! I guess they were ready to send out the HazMat team but what ended up happening is the first one to respond could tell it was a cleanup effort (beer bottles and dunkin donut trash gave it away) and someone was sent to re-bag the red bags into black bags until they could be picked up! Well, now we know...
Thanks again!
Monica

james380

Post by james380 »

lol now that's pretty funny. Maybe just maybe that brought more awareness to what was done.
- Charlton Heston

Alex07
KING MACKEREL

Post by Alex07 »

Well I went back after I left aquaranch or farm or what ever is called, we were there from 5-8 and surprisingly it was still cleaned by the time we left :D . I wonder how the bridge looks right now? Yeah Elly thank god only your hubby saw me bust my behind, by the way someone did take a picture of me sitting but I'm saying who it was :tongue: . By the way nice catch Bolo :toast:

*~Fishy-Face~*
FISHING BEAUTY

Post by *~Fishy-Face~* »

Don't worry Alex, i'm sure they will post it as soon as they read what you just wrote...especially if it was BOLO...although I doubt it. He was too busy making the gutters on the bridge spotless all damn day...which leaves Rob or Herbert...hmmmm...

Speaking of Rob, I know you took way more pictures. Why aren't you posting the rest of them?!? didn't you get a shot of the elephant tarpon that took my hand?!? I wanna see!!

james380

Post by james380 »

lol Elly so you took the risk of feeding the Tarpon your hand this time eh? Well done. I want to give it a shot next time I make it down .
- Charlton Heston

*~Fishy-Face~*
FISHING BEAUTY

Post by *~Fishy-Face~* »

yeah...you know...I like doing cartwheels outside the box =0) I'm a rebel!

mikeypbg
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mikeypbg »

Great job guys. This was a long time coming. Congrats to the whole crew, especially Elly for orgainzing this. I am so proud to be a member of this forum. I wish I couldve been there to help out. Hopefully I will be in South Florida soon.

Til then. Warmest regards from NV.

Mikey

Return to “Adopt a Bridge past events”