c-11 canal

This area is all about things that can affect the Boatless-Land Fisherman as to State and Local Regulations, Rules that pertain to areas that we may fish and enviromental issues that we need to get involved in. Please read these posts and get invovled. We are stonger in Numbers.
jakeedwards26
Fisher

c-11 canal

Post by jakeedwards26 »

Has anybody noticed how the C-11 or south new river or orange drive/griffin road canal is not producing fish

baitwetter
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by baitwetter »

No
Sad to be sitting out this years Shorebound Shark Tourney due to work issues. Good luck to all that participate!!!

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

I have noticed that and post several post about the same thing. MPO is that when they put the gate structure out by Cypress Bay HS, and stopped pumping water into the Glades fishing has continued down hill.

Now they are building some new gated structure just W. of Nob Hill, I'm wondering WTF they will do next.

I live on an offshoot canal that connect directly into the C11 for over 20 years.

They changed the water flow from E to West into the glades, and it now flows only West to East 90% of the time, through the gates at NobHill, and into the S. New River branch at 441. Since that change the Tarpon have all but disappeared, W. of NobHill, seldom do I see a Snook out my way, and bass fishing sucks. Peacock Bass fishing seems to have remained the same, the same dozen or so pairs of P's come back to the same spots to nest on my canal 2 or 3 times a year, then drop deep to hide or something. Most of the kids who used to terrorize the P's have grown up and are either gone or are more considerte about catch and release.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

jakeedwards26
Fisher

Post by jakeedwards26 »

I've been working on a project for my school studying the oxygen levels in the canal. This canal has low oxygen which makes "trash" fish more abundant. It sucks, the only thing you can pull out of there is an angry gar.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Where do you take the readings from ?

Be interested to see the difference as you move East to West ?

jakeedwards26
Fisher

Post by jakeedwards26 »

I am going to take the samples and test them this weekend. I have to turn in the results Monday. :D

huck
Fisher

Post by huck »

Jakeedwards26, that sounds like a really neat project.

Please do post your findings on here so we may all see. I too would be very interested in seeing the results / or any variance.

Cheers,
Huck

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

It'll be interesting to see WTF happens with that new pump house the are adding just West of Nib-Hill.

Even the Carp population is down.

Return to “Regulations, Rules, Enviromental Issues”