Bald Eagles at LOX

This area is all about things that can affect the Boatless-Land Fisherman as to State and Local Regulations, Rules that pertain to areas that we may fish and enviromental issues that we need to get involved in. Please read these posts and get invovled. We are stonger in Numbers.
Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Bald Eagles at LOX

Post by Cookinman »

Wow, this is awesome.

I thought I have seen a few Baldies while fishing Holey Lands a while back. I have seen a wild panther out there more than once. IT was been some time since I stomped those grounds since a saltwater frenzy has taken me these last few years.

Check this out. Cool Stuff !

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... b01_layout
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

That's a beautiful sight. I used to work out in belle glade and on the way out on old 80 there was a pair that used to nest on the north side of the road. They may still use the area. Not sure.

One of the coolest things i've ever seen was bald eagles swooping down literally 15 feet in front of me nailing bait that Salmon had balled up. This was off the coast of Northern Vancouver.

If any of you guys ever get the chance to experience a trip up that way don't pass it up just for the wildlife alone. From the eagles, pods of killer whales, and various other whales it was an awesome experience. LOL oh ya and the fishing too.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Wow thats kool, I'm fishing out there Sunday, can we see them from a boat, or is that far far back in the flats ?
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

krash wrote:Wow thats kool, I'm fishing out there Sunday, can we see them from a boat, or is that far far back in the flats ?
Krash, I am not really stre to be honest. I am more familiar with Lox off Lox RD as opposed to the N end of the WMA and cannot think of anywhere where there would be enough land to support a hammock of Maleluca or Brazilian Pepper uless it was on the airboat side.

Based on the article it mentuioned the nest was in an area of the everglades not accessable to the public. Could be anywhere :(

I'd love to go check em too !
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

Return to “Regulations, Rules, Enviromental Issues”