Game Wardens disappearing

This area is all about things that can affect the Boatless-Land Fisherman as to State and Local Regulations, Rules that pertain to areas that we may fish and enviromental issues that we need to get involved in. Please read these posts and get invovled. We are stonger in Numbers.
bassZooKa
Weekend Warrior

Post by bassZooKa »

there is a pretty good book 'Everglades Lawmen', that has some cool stories about Florida Game Wardens and their battles with poachers.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

robalo wrote:. Todat I asked the clerk why he thought pseudoephedrine was controlled by prescription. Pseudoephedrine is a precursor for methamphetemine (speed). He said he thinks it`s because Oregons drug law is not tough enough . He`s right on the mark there.
Actually, he is a bit OFF the mark.

Crystal Meth can be made in a lab by cooking up a a coctail that includes Pseudoephedrine( among many other things).

" TOUGH " drug laws have little to do with it, as Meth Lab folks can just drive to WA state or order online.....It is a political statement from a politician who wants to be known for being 'tough' on drugs. It is not effective and inconvenient for folks that need it, not for the chemists.

An 'easy' way to say you take a 'hard line' as a poitician witout really doing ANYTHING to really curtail the problem....

Thank GOD the coke dealers keep that crap outta SO FL , as it is FAR WORSE IMHO.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Re: Tough laws.

Post by Cookinman »

robalo wrote:"" TOUGH " drug laws have little to do with it, as Meth Lab folks can just drive to WA state or order online....."

I`m speaking of coke freaks and crankster gangsters who leave contaminated needles lying around for my children to find. I am not as inconvenienced about "behind the pharmacy precursors as I am the hazards of hypes on the loose. People in Coral Springs ,Miami Springs , Coral Gables and many other "insulated" neighborhoods are often able to pay up front for drug rehab when their weekend spin bbecomes a one way ticket.

Please don`t tell the upright in Liberty City what you posted here. If drugs were a capital crime , far fewer people would use them.
robalo wrote:
Please don`t tell the upright in Liberty City what you posted here. If drugs were a capital crime , far fewer people would use them.
Making it a capitol crime did nothing to lower the murder rate.......

From Experience, moving to Coral Springs from NYC as a 14 year old only exposed me to MORE DRUGS and kids with more $$ to spend on Drugs who were willing to share... Education and staying on top of your kids life is what is going to stop him from picking up that used needle, not the penalty for doing it, IMHO.

Fewer folks would use them if they were legal as well, not to mention that our jails and courts would be empty to prosecute and imprision violent criminal instead of folks that need / want to get high. I do not do drugs personally, but still fail to see why posessing a certaina mount of mind altering substance ( to be considered Trafficking ) carries the same penalty as some violent felonies). Once the government privatized the prison system and itr was realized how much GAURANTEED $$ was to me made building prisons and housing inmates, penaties got stiffer.

If solving the problem was REALLY at the forefront, education, and treatment would be paid for by the state....funny thing is that at the 100.00 plus a day to house a convict in even minimum security, that would pay for alot of counseling.....

Sorry to derail your thread, game wardens deserve to be able to live above the poverty line also !
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Re: Sorry to derail your thread, game wardens deserve to be

Post by Cookinman »

robalo wrote:Fewer wardens=more Poaching. That`s bottom line. When there are a lot of peeps telling you how they lost their gear , boat and fishing license , many other peeps who otherwise become perps do not break game laws. The murder rate in the US can be often confused with statistics that often lump all causes of death together , such as firearms fatalities ; which do not discriminate between accidental death , police shooting bad guys and criminal homicides.

Just as ol` Rudolph knocked down crime in NYC by tossing people behind bars ; so does stiffer punishment . California`s three strikes your out? Crime went waaay down. Habitual offenders moved out , rather than take a chance on life in prison.

Now you can scream . "9/11 was an inside job!! "" "" "" "" ""!!! :cheese: :cheese:
Robalo, ol' pal, we are in the midst of 2 different conversations here:

First regarding the drug thing, Prohibition did not work when it was introduced and neither did Reagan's "War on Drugs". Both were colossal failures and a tremendous waste of time and resources that if anything, glamorized the bad boy image of those that went against the establishment. Best example is the decriminalization of alchohol in Europe. ie: no minimum drinking age. With the 'taboo' removed, the result has been LESS drinking and Driving Fatalities and far fewer alchaholics ( by the stats ).

Stiffer Penalties for offenders is a REACTIONARY position instead of a PROACTIVE. ie Educational info about the REAL dangers and effects of drug use both recreationally and habitually. I mean how can kids make a decision when they are being fed cow poop about how any drug they ever try will lead them to the Bowery, both broke and humiliated.....just not true 100 % of the time. Kids smell cow poop very well and the last thing you want to do with your kids is loose credibility ...

Remember it is usually easier to prevent a situation than fix one.

On this one, however, we may just have to respectfully agree to disagree.

Second - Regarding the game wardens, I could not agree more. DEFINATELY should be a greater incentive to get motivated, smart, qualified individuals into the field, as opposed to it being( for reasons of Compensation) farther down down the career wish list of those applying. Not everyone falls into that category obviously, but if it were more lucrative, folks would compete for these positions, ensuring the best were chosen. Same problem facing teachers today.

911 was not in any way staged, Those innocent folks on Church St really died. :(
We just went after the leader of the wrong group...but again, way off topic here.

Hey, maybe if we stopped this ineffectual and expensive anti drug campaign and let those that want to blow their minds out do so at less of a taxpayer price tag, we could funnell the extra funds into Parks and Rec......lol I mean really, when did someone ever telling you "NO, Do not do that because I said it is bad for you, or against the law" ever work anyway....

( OK, OK, that was my last shot - promise...haha )
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

Return to “Regulations, Rules, Enviromental Issues”