Unreal expectations

IMPORTANT !!!!
Hey if you are going to rabble on or have something to say or whatever do it here --- open discussion. keep the rest of the forum to there titles it makes it better when reading the boards to not see off topic subject when it does not belong there. Thank you
mike j
Weekend Warrior

Unreal expectations

Post by mike j »

I don't want to complain, but I am going to any way. I realize that this site is in its twilight. I realize like all the other newbies I expect more from the members than they are willing or are interested in giving. As a newbie I probably will get bored of posting my fishing reports and once every couple of weeks might glance at the site. I already am thinking about discontinuing writing them. I am the only person in the Palm Beach section that shares. I like all the other members on this site will let it fade into nothing.

Laz1287
Weekend Warrior

Re: Unreal expectations

Post by Laz1287 »

What's sad is that this is the only true forum we have for south florida fishermen.

Florida Sportsman has their own version, but it's not broken down by county like this one is.

But even that forum doesn't have much activity anymore.

Maybe it's because we're a dying breed?

No idea what's goin on though.

mil7950
Weekend Warrior

Post by mil7950 »

florida sportsman is pretty dead too, i think instagram and facebook groups have started replacing forums. i post on a few other non fishing forums and every single one of them has less traffic than they did a couple years ago.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Try posting pics of your catch or places you go fishing on your next report some may find it boring just to read reports without and pics. Maybe its times to tell your story on IG too....well it wil be pics and a very short story and you will get people to like you pics and maybe more followers in your area.

mike j
Weekend Warrior

Post by mike j »

You have a good point I like to see of pictures of what people are catching also. I need to investigate how to send pictures from my phone ( never done it before). I personally am not a big fan of IG I always want more information about the fish they caught than the little blurb on the bottom gives you. I appreciate the suggestions I love to read and write about fishing but my reports are probably a little long winded. A picture also helps grab people's attention.

CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Post by CELLFISH »

Won't matter, im a snowbird from NYC last 4 seasons and this website has given me a good amount of info from past threads & post of what I need to know of what's up at the shoreline...its up to date ... thanks...

With that being said :? The fishing website Nor'east.com I'm familiar with, is going thru the same changes..., it being blamed on social media, facebook and such. and at the same time there are only so many ways ya can skin a cat or is it 'catch a fish'... :reeling: .

And yet the political thread there is really lively naturally and with that being said again * MERRY CHRISTMAS *.. cellfish....
... sand under my bare feet is better than subway steps with steel toe boots on ...

Return to “Chatter bucket-Ramble ONNnnnn”