President "DUMP"

This off topic area is for Politics, Religion and all the talk that gets people in a ruffle. All be tolerant of each others opinions. Remember that is all it is "OPINIONS"
crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: President "DUMP"

Post by crashmister »

You guys are gonna love this. I just read the trump administration just awarded Nabisco the 200 mill contract to replace Puerto Rico’s roads.

Nabisco stated while they were flattered, they had no clue they were being considered, nor do they have any clue how to do this. They’re a snack company. They have no construction background of any kind.

This just keeps getting better.

On the lighter side, mueller has now begun to file criminal indictment’s. First arrest may be next week.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

At press time, Nabisco’s team was evaluating whether Nilla Wafers or Oreos would be a better building material for the muddy, sandy terrain of San Juan.

lol*

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Apparently the governor of Puerto Rico is moving to cancel whitefish’s contract. Not confirmed yet but I’ve read it from 3 sources now. No one seems to know who or how this no bid contract was awarded. What we do know is certain aspects of oversite in the contract were illegal.

All government jobs, no matter how small are subject to audit and oversite by law. According to the inspector generals office, the no audit no oversite clauses in this contract were in fact illegal.

Not a lawyer so I can’t say, but based on my experience, no bid contracts are gifts to crony’s. Like Halliburton.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Pat, how long has the Army Corps of Engineers been working to restore power in PR? How many contracts do they have under them?

Good read on the on going saga.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... 192970da12

Oh, no! lol!
The Whitefish Energy contract also had a clause that said that the pay rates and other terms of the agreement could not be audited or reviewed by FEMA, the commonwealth, the comptroller general or PREPA. The contract also required that PREPA, before signing, had confirmed that FEMA had reviewed and approved the agreement to ensure that money spent would “qualify for funding from FEMA.”

FEMA said Friday that it had not approved the Whitefish Energy agreement.
Just have to wait and see if this contract holds water or not that has been floating around.
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... h-contract
"If there is no wrongdoing, if it has been done correctly, then we will push forward," Rosselló said at a news conference Thursday, according to NBC News. "If there is wrongdoing, in this process or in any process, there will be hell to pay."
eatpop eatpop eatpop

Apparently the governor of Puerto Rico is moving to cancel whitefish’s contract.
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/puert ... ly-n815396

PREPA CEO Ricardo Ramos said during a news conference Sunday afternoon that he accepted the governor's recommendation and would be writing a letter to the board of directors "asking for a resolution that will allow me to cancel the contract," adding that the contract was not officially canceled as of yet.

Ramos added that the plan was for Whitefish to "finish what they started," which was work on two transmission lines on the island.

He added that he hoped to speak with officials at Whitefish within the next few hours and that the contract required a 30-day notice for cancellation.

"Even if I cancel today it becomes effective in 30 days," he added.

Earlier Sunday, Gov. Rosselló said he was calling on PREPA to cancel the contract out of public interest.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Didnt see ya there, Blue.

You think this "small company" is BS because of the politics surrounding it? Which we wont know anything until the investigation has begun.. And if they find no wrong doing...what will be your take? Do you see overall that whitefish is pure BS to begin and have no clue what they are doing?
kblue wrote:
Rare wrote: Hey, Blue...What ya think now?
Well, this is beyond what I was saying about small company... I think this Whitefish is a pure BS artist, potentially political f@ckups... I have a bad feeling that this creates even bigger disaster than Maria to PR..

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Whitefish has one major contract under its belt to date. That was a 1.3 million upgrade to existing systems. It’s really not about the company size but the background and resources it can bring to bear on a given project.

Construction contractors exist in levels. Small contractors like whitefish tend to stay local whereas contractors like Fishback and More work all over the world.

A company like whitefish has limited assets and those assets are local. It’ll cost far more for them to rent or lease equipment to use overseas, that it would for a company like fishback that owns their equipment, and employs their own mechanics to maintain it all.

I can tell you from first hand experience, it’s extremely difficult for a small company to make this kind of “big job” transition. First and foremost it takes money. Lots o cash and lots o credit. Not uncommon to run up millions of dollars in expenditures and payroll every month. If your on a percentage draw, you have to be able to float these costs for several months until your percentage of that aspect of the job is complete.

These things are usually determined during the bid process. In fact bids this large usually require registration & qualification in order to bid.

There’s also the possibility whitefish planned to sub contract the entire project to better suited companies. However if that’s the case, why contract whitefish?

The other thing is, transmission tower installation requires several trades to complete. First engineers need to survey the route, then operators and equipment move in to create the route, then carpenters and laborers set and shoot the tower base forms and bolt plates. Only then can the electrical contractor get started.

Point is it’s allot more than just towers and cable.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

crashmister wrote:You guys are gonna love this. I just read the trump administration just awarded Nabisco the 200 mill contract to replace Puerto Rico’s roads.

Nabisco stated while they were flattered, they had no clue they were being considered, nor do they have any clue how to do this. They’re a snack company. They have no construction background of any kind.

This just keeps getting better.

On the lighter side, mueller has now begun to file criminal indictment’s. First arrest may be next week.
This is the strategy to cover up one wrong with another wrong...just my thought

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Rare wrote:Didnt see ya there, Blue.

You think this "small company" is BS because of the politics surrounding it? Which we wont know anything until the investigation has begun.. And if they find no wrong doing...what will be your take? Do you see overall that whitefish is pure BS to begin and have no clue what they are doing?
kblue wrote:
Rare wrote: Hey, Blue...What ya think now?
Well, this is beyond what I was saying about small company... I think this Whitefish is a pure BS artist, potentially political f@ckups... I have a bad feeling that this creates even bigger disaster than Maria to PR..
Whitefish is a paper company with 2 employee...

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Looks like husband and wife company. Company is registered under wife’s name so it is women own disadvantaged small business...but problem is she is working as Nurse... so disadvantaged small business is disqualified as she is not full time employee to whitefish... As far as I know, this is something that could happen in a third world gov contract, not in US. This is the reason I initially didn’t think this far. It totally underestimated auditing capabilities of US Congress over gov contract... specially Puerto Rico was above radar...

CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Post by CELLFISH »

anyone know what a Coney Island Whitefish is... Cell... :salut:
... sand under my bare feet is better than subway steps with steel toe boots on ...

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

CELLFISH wrote:.
anyone know what a Coney Island Whitefish is... Cell... :salut:
lol :D
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Funny you should mention “paper company” blue. Whitefish point Michagan was the location of a paper mill I worked at back in my traveling days. It’s also where the Big Fitz was headed when she went down.

Anyone following the Mueller indictment’s? Popo was “proactively cooperating” with the FBI. Could mean he wore a wire or he played catch-up on a wired phone. All they know for sure is he’s been cooperating since July 28th. Mueller arrested Popo at Dulles airport, charged and arraigned him, got his confession, went back to court and got a plea deal, then put him to work, without anyone knowing anything. Gotta wonder if he’s Trump’s E Howard Hunt. FBI got his entire combined email accounts, his twitter account, Facebook accounts. Including the one he tried to delete, and every text he’s sent since January 2016.

Manafort on the other have has some of the most serious charges I’ve seen in a while. Justice was able to prove he’s not only a flight risk, they also showed his attorneys were advising him how to conduct certain illegal acts. The judge, based on that evidence suspended Manaforts attorney client privilege. Next to impossible to get a judge to go along with that request without concrete evidence of illegal activity.

Be interesting to see who’s next.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Pat, fact check please....The wording on it
It was widely reported that Whitefish only had two full-time employees when Maria made landfall, a number not disputed by Whitefish’s own newly-hired media team at the time.

But Techmanski now argues that figure is incorrect, and that the company had 20-40 full-time employees working projects in Arizona, Montana and Washington State. He said Whitefish has more than 350 workers in Puerto Rico and plans to have more than 500 there soon.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

It’s true they had workers in all 3 states. Arizona however is the only state in which they actually built anything. Even that was considered a small project.
And it was flat & easily accessible terrain.

Everything else has been transmission tower maintenance. Mostly guys hanging off choppers changing cinch and hanger hardware.

Whitefish May have had people on the ground doing preliminary work but this thing went south so fast I find it hard to believe they staffed that many people for an overseas job that quick. Not impossible but highly unlikely. Communications are still real spotty so I get texts on and off. But getting an answer to a question can take days.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

crashmister wrote:. Communications are still real spotty so I get texts on and off. But getting an answer to a question can take days.
Google's balloon project at least is helping somewhat...

Your thoughts on Cobra? I think they need to stay away from company's named after animals. (tommy There is a bigger piece of the pie in all of this. These little fish and cobras are the one's they are throwing under the bus. FEMA seems not to know of anything or any such contracts going on...or did they? eatpop The Army Corps of Engineers and other will take care of the problem soon enough.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

The Cobra contract does have issues, but nothing like whitefish. Cobras parent company Mammoth Energy services is a fossil fuel support company. Their contract includes cooperation with both PREPA and FEMA. The guys I know in PR are working for Cobra. They get union scale plus living expenses or per-diem.

Basically they’re recruiting the same guys who helped get our power back on.

Cobras contract has considerably more distribution than transmission work involved. Meaning they’re working on local power lines and systems, rather than the high voltage transmission systems.

PREPA Is a mess from a organizational standpoint. They never anticipated this level of damage and simply weren’t ready for it. Not that you can prepare for 2 storms in 2 weeks, their top management should have at least looked at the possibility and prioritized some kind of response.

Typically you back up your hospitals, shelters, and first responders. You train back up crews for multiple duty assignments and practice disaster response.

Unlike here, PERPA didn’t have the luxury of thousands workers from 30 states and Canada, plus equipment all in place ready to respond as soon as the storm passed.

Army corps has done its best to setup generators and tap temporary power where possible but it’s just not that simple. The lack of basic understanding of power systems has caused uninformed criticism by some.

With different entities working these systems, great care must be taken in energizing anything. They could kill anyone working on any system connected to anything they energize. Or anyone who comes in contact with downed lines on the system.

Back feeds as they are known are a constant concern for linemen. No power system is singular in source. So the grids are all interconnected. Lose a power source, system auto switches to another. Tracking down and deactivating these takes time.

Working on heading there as soon as I get back from San Deigo in December.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

crashmister wrote:The Cobra contract does have issues, but nothing like whitefish. Cobras parent company Mammoth Energy services is a fossil fuel support company. Their contract includes cooperation with both PREPA and FEMA. The guys I know in PR are working for Cobra. They get union scale plus living expenses or per-diem.
A few? Try to make me understand that everything you said about whitefish is pretty much the same with these guys. How the hell did they get this contract without bidding? They have never worked in this kind scale of disaster and pretty much no....Wait, let us sugar coat it with "little experience" in this disaster cleanup! You should be outrage about this!!! Or is because the guys you know over there now fogging your vision.
While federal entities have yet to come to conclusions in their inquiries into Whitefish’s involvement in rebuilding Puerto Rico’s grid, the probe has already begun to broaden. A November 1 letter from the House energy committee indicates scrutiny over PREPA’s $200 million contract with Mammoth Energy Services’ Cobra Acquisitions LLC, which was awarded on October 19 for repairing power poles and power lines coming in and out of San Juan. The letter states that that contract, “which would appear to have the effect of preventing government oversight of the agreement, [raises] additional questions about the contracting review process,” including the exact involvement of FEMA in contracts paid out with its funds.

According to a congressional committee staff member in communication with the office, the Department of Homeland Security’s Inspector General may also be probing the Cobra contract. The spokesperson with the DHS OIG said of that claim that she was unaware of a formal inquiry into the Cobra contract, but that the office was involved in “a full fact-finding review” of PREPA’s contract-making process, one that could escalate to a full-fledged audit.

The Cobra contract does not contain some of the more eyebrow-raising language of the Whitefish document, but Mammoth Energy officials, who have not responded to requests for comment for this story, said in a conference call announcing the deal that FEMA had been there “every step of the way” in the process (FEMA declined to comment when asked for confirmation). Of their deal, which also lacks a downpayment and relies on FEMA to backstop any potential inability of PREPA to pay, a Mammoth Energy official stated that “we wouldn’t have entered this contract if we didn’t think we’d get paid.” Unlike the controversial provisions for lodging and expenses for Whitefish contractors, the Cobra deal houses line-workers in a barge that will float off the coast of San Juan.

It’s still unclear how the contract-making process with Cobra was initiated, and as The Intercept reports, Mammoth Energy is a firm with little experience in disaster cleanup and little clear reason to be chosen as a partner firm, beyond the payment structure. But together with the Whitefish deal, the Cobra contract reflects ongoing concerns with the PREPA decision-making process after Maria. Just how did it come to terms with those companies? What exactly was its bidding process? Why did it choose to enter into expensive contracts with private companies instead of entering into the mutual-aid agreements usually favored by utility companies, which allows them to contract with other utility companies in other states for rebuilding services? And with Whitefish requesting that $10 million of its contract be paid from FEMA funds, who is liable for voided contracts, and for how much?

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

I'm a bit lost... how does this all relate to President Dump ?
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

krash wrote:I'm a bit lost... how does this all relate to President Dump ?
Here is a map

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Because Trump is the cause of all the issues in this world. :nilly: He caused Irma thus creating these issues in Puerto Rico. He made the corrupt government there sign this BS back door deal with Whitefish . Trump is the reason for daylight savings time old age the issues that are 60 years old in North Korea global warming and cancer. (tommy
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

fishnfool73 wrote:
Because Trump is the cause of all the issues in this world. :nilly: He caused Irma thus creating these issues in Puerto Rico. He made the corrupt government there sign this BS back door deal with Whitefish . Trump is the reason for daylight savings time old age the issues that are 60 years old in North Korea global warming and cancer. (tommy
Oh hell

Spot on Chris.
Dont forget Trump is also the reason the big one is coming to CA LMFAO
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Oh wait
Was it not earthcrust moving. Who cares about the truth if you got a Trump to take the blame.
Tweet that LOL
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

But just thank satan that Amerika is great again....

I saw some dude on his trip give him a jacket, probably an air-wing jacket... who else thinks that is a kick in the teeth to all Vets as Dump was dodging the draft pretending to be a student in the Nam era where the the lower class citizens like myself were getting letters in the mail saying show up or else.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Rare wrote:
crashmister wrote:The Cobra contract does have issues, but nothing like whitefish. Cobras parent company Mammoth Energy services is a fossil fuel support company. Their contract includes cooperation with both PREPA and FEMA. The guys I know in PR are working for Cobra. They get union scale plus living expenses or per-diem.
A few? Try to make me understand that everything you said about whitefish is pretty much the same with these guys. How the hell did they get this contract without bidding? They have never worked in this kind scale of disaster and pretty much no....Wait, let us sugar coat it with "little experience" in this disaster cleanup! You should be outrage about this!!! Or is because the guys you know over there now fogging your vision.
While federal entities have yet to come to conclusions in their inquiries into Whitefish’s involvement in rebuilding Puerto Rico’s grid, the probe has already begun to broaden. A November 1 letter from the House energy committee indicates scrutiny over PREPA’s $200 million contract with Mammoth Energy Services’ Cobra Acquisitions LLC, which was awarded on October 19 for repairing power poles and power lines coming in and out of San Juan. The letter states that that contract, “which would appear to have the effect of preventing government oversight of the agreement, [raises] additional questions about the contracting review process,” including the exact involvement of FEMA in contracts paid out with its funds.

According to a congressional committee staff member in communication with the office, the Department of Homeland Security’s Inspector General may also be probing the Cobra contract. The spokesperson with the DHS OIG said of that claim that she was unaware of a formal inquiry into the Cobra contract, but that the office was involved in “a full fact-finding review” of PREPA’s contract-making process, one that could escalate to a full-fledged audit.

The Cobra contract does not contain some of the more eyebrow-raising language of the Whitefish document, but Mammoth Energy officials, who have not responded to requests for comment for this story, said in a conference call announcing the deal that FEMA had been there “every step of the way” in the process (FEMA declined to comment when asked for confirmation). Of their deal, which also lacks a downpayment and relies on FEMA to backstop any potential inability of PREPA to pay, a Mammoth Energy official stated that “we wouldn’t have entered this contract if we didn’t think we’d get paid.” Unlike the controversial provisions for lodging and expenses for Whitefish contractors, the Cobra deal houses line-workers in a barge that will float off the coast of San Juan.

It’s still unclear how the contract-making process with Cobra was initiated, and as The Intercept reports, Mammoth Energy is a firm with little experience in disaster cleanup and little clear reason to be chosen as a partner firm, beyond the payment structure. But together with the Whitefish deal, the Cobra contract reflects ongoing concerns with the PREPA decision-making process after Maria. Just how did it come to terms with those companies? What exactly was its bidding process? Why did it choose to enter into expensive contracts with private companies instead of entering into the mutual-aid agreements usually favored by utility companies, which allows them to contract with other utility companies in other states for rebuilding services? And with Whitefish requesting that $10 million of its contract be paid from FEMA funds, who is liable for voided contracts, and for how much?

Wish I could Nels. Fact is the more I read the more this is still a gimmy. By comparison the Cobra contract is smaller in scope. Cobra has Mammoth and their resources supporting them. But call it what you will, no bid=crony-ism. Doesn’t change my plans either way. I’m being recruited for a General foreman spot rebuilding substations. Like Haiti, we’ll spend our free time helping where we can. And buying kids whatever they need.

In Haiti we installed a liquid load out station in Port a Prince. In our spare time we rebuilt an orphanage school and convent. While drinking heavily. We financed part of it and Bechtel International picked up the rest.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Why is President Dump asking the China government to relase those stoopid basketball players caught shop-lifting.

That Ball kid wears $1k sneakers and drives a Ferrari while playing basketball at UCLA on a scholarship... let them rot. If this country had laws and enforcement like China or Shanghai we would have much less crime.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Well the Tax bill was passed yesterday.... 51/49

Changes, sounds like corporate business will do good, the $100k and above will get cuts, but unlike the Dumpster kept saying the middle-class working family making $75k and less with pay the price...

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

krash wrote:Well the Tax bill was passed yesterday.... 51/49

Changes, sounds like corporate business will do good, the $100k and above will get cuts, but unlike the Dumpster kept saying the middle-class working family making $75k and less with pay the price...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/republicans- ... 21453.html

And that comes next
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Return to “Soapbox Politics, Religion, etc."HEAVY" not light hearted”