President "DUMP"

This off topic area is for Politics, Religion and all the talk that gets people in a ruffle. All be tolerant of each others opinions. Remember that is all it is "OPINIONS"
Thelonereeler
Fisher

Re: President "DUMP"

Post by Thelonereeler »

Everyone needs to wake up and realize that it has been a scam the entire time. All governments and religions were created by the same people to take total control of the world. There is information out there. It's the information age, get with it for everyone's sake.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

crashmister wrote: They have all the people they need but NO ROADS. most of bridges are out as well. Frigging Clinton had to tell trump to send the hope. Any other president would have had a carrier there ASAP. They need air lift capabilities they don’t have. Don’t think you understand the scope of damage there. 2 hurricanes. 1 of which was one of the largest ever recorded.

I’m on the list to go once enough roads are clear. Right now workers are chain sawing their way into the country because most all of their heavy equipment is damaged by the storms. As most of
The dock craines. The operators union got a couple working but they continue to break down.
Air-Spirit walked into my client last Wed, and asked to restore three air-port communication using satellite... They have no ground communication, which will make things very inefficient... Perhaps this is one of reason that we don't hear much about what's going on there... Spending too much time on war-game... time to turn off the PC...

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Thelonereeler wrote:Everyone needs to wake up and realize that it has been a scam the entire time. All governments and religions were created by the same people to take total control of the world. There is information out there. It's the information age, get with it for everyone's sake.
And what are you doing with this information? And what has been done with the information that is out there overall?

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Rare wrote:And what are you doing with this information? And what has been done with the information that is out there overall?
Can I have some fries with that?

Good question Brah
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

I support his agenda almost completely, I don't like the way he's going about it, but he's in the office because of exactly what he's doing.

Thelonereeler
Fisher

Post by Thelonereeler »

Rare wrote:
Thelonereeler wrote:Everyone needs to wake up and realize that it has been a scam the entire time. All governments and religions were created by the same people to take total control of the world. There is information out there. It's the information age, get with it for everyone's sake.
And what are you doing with this information? And what has been done with the information that is out there overall?
Not much we can do at this point but tell others.
Look up "Act of 1871", when they shredded the constitution.

Ice
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ice »

Thelonereeler wrote:
Rare wrote:
Not much we can do at this point but tell others.
Look up "Act of 1871", when they shredded the constitution.
People don't want to hear that, they want to live in their bubbles and call us conspiracy wackos. But if they opened their eyes...they'd see the writing on the wall.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

People don't want to hear that? This? Not much we can do at this point but tell others....?

It's kind of the same way these fishing rules come to play. 100's bitc'ing and moaning about the new rules that will make head spin. FWC workshop comes to town about said rules to hear the public..... and then eatpop

Ice
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ice »

Rare wrote:People don't want to hear that? This? Not much we can do at this point but tell others....?

It's kind of the same way these fishing rules come to play. 100's bitc'ing and moaning about the new rules that will make head spin. FWC workshop comes to town about said rules to hear the public..... and then eatpop
I do agree with the FWC and rules and crap. TBH I lost all respect for FWC with the latest Michael Wenzel thing. FWC can kiss my ass where the sun don't shine now.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Rob762 just sent me another call note from a line local looking for linemen, ground men, and operators for Puerto Rico. The crews on the ground are saying the island is in the Stone Age right now. No power or drinking water for 80% of the island. People are getting sick from drinking contaminated water. No one can get cash outside of San Juan and no internet means no credit. Even people with money can’t get to it to spend it. Imagine Florida with no power or internet for over a month. Now imagine we’re an island the rest of the country can’t reach by truck or train.
That what these people are living right now. Puerto Rico pays over 3 billion a year in US taxes including social security and Medicare. Something you might consider, Hawaii wasn’t a state when it was attacked in 1941. It didn’t become a state until 1959.
Not sure how these people were supposed to get ready for a storm when they had just started recovery from a previous storm 2 weeks earlier.

I’m wondering what the gema response would have been if Puerto Rico had 30 electoral votes?
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/20/us/puerto ... index.html
Seems like the Puerto Rican power company was a shambles before these two storms and contracting without consulting the Army Corp of Engineers with Whitefish from Montana which may not have helped much. I wonder if a power company out of a state with a smaller population than San Juan was the best choice especially when they didn't get much upfront. I imagine it is hard to hire people or purchase equipemnt without the capital of an upfront deposit for an unestablished smaller company. As far as the Stone Age goes for a big part of the Island that isn't a far trip. It is a nation of the haves and have nots. My heart goes out to the have nots. My family there living in the nicer part of the island suffered little damage and got power back fast. I would expect a massive influx of people moving to the US from there shortly.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Typically speaking, if they are able to put the "sh!t" together, small company can be a lot more efficient than big company specially for jobs requiring quick response time and constant adjustment of scope of the work... Big and long (old) company may have many procedures. At the end, what is required is workers who have good field experience not the company... I am sure they have many challenges that need out-of-box thinking, which is also better with small company with veterans.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

I would expect a massive influx of people moving to the US from there shortly.
From what i gather, about 100k.

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

kblue wrote:Typically speaking, if they are able to put the "sh!t" together, small company can be a lot more efficient than big company specially for jobs requiring quick response time and constant adjustment of scope of the work... Big and long (old) company may have many procedures. At the end, what is required is workers who have good field experience not the company... I am sure they have many challenges that need out-of-box thinking, which is also better with small company with veterans.
Yeah because a small company from Montana has the capital and logistics to buy the extra needed equipment , ship it to the island and also the capital to lure those said experienced workers from the numerous other states her right now that are using them to rebuild Houston and the Keys. I highly doubt those workers are going there for what they normally get paid. I have to disagree with everything you said in this instance. Maybe in some other cases but not in this one.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Actually they’re getting union scale plus per-diem. They need linemen groundmen and equipment operators. They have balloons providing spotty cell service when the wind allowes em up. But 80% of the island is still without power or clean water. Still a cash economy as well.

Blues right. Small companies do tend to be much more efficient than large ones. Contracting whitefish for long term repairs was completely appropriate. Army corps is only working on temporary fixes. Private companies will do the actual restoration. Just like here.

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

So explain to me why a small company is better ? I mean if I have to feed a famine starved nation overseas I will take Costco over Mom corner deli ......

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

fishnfool73 wrote:
kblue wrote:Typically speaking, if they are able to put the "sh!t" together, small company can be a lot more efficient than big company specially for jobs requiring quick response time and constant adjustment of scope of the work... Big and long (old) company may have many procedures. At the end, what is required is workers who have good field experience not the company... I am sure they have many challenges that need out-of-box thinking, which is also better with small company with veterans.
Yeah because a small company from Montana has the capital and logistics to buy the extra needed equipment , ship it to the island and also the capital to lure those said experienced workers from the numerous other states her right now that are using them to rebuild Houston and the Keys. I highly doubt those workers are going there for what they normally get paid. I have to disagree with everything you said in this instance. Maybe in some other cases but not in this one.
I have no idea about this company from Montana and the scope of the work... so I am not at a position to say about this. Just generally speaking, small company under right management has better cost-effectiveness (you get more out of the same money you spent than big company) and aggressiveness and willingness to take a risk to complete the job and has quicker decision-making time.... But small company under wrong management will be a nightmare... I have seen both cases...

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Did some research on this. Completely political contract award! You’re spot on here Chris. These guys ain’t even close to being able to full this contract.

My first lmpression was similar to the last company I worked for. I only had a total of 20 regular guys but we
had unlimited resources. We could next day rent or hire any equipment or specialty vendor we needed and we had unlimited skilled manpower out of the union hall.

These guys got nothing including experience. I’d be very interested to find out how this no bid contract was awarded, and by who. So far that’s a little unclear. It’s also unclear how they’re going to do 1.3 billion dollars worth of work for 300 mill. Barely half the cost of the material alone. Seriously, this price don’t even cover the triplex cable (wire) cost. (Estimated 365 million).

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Just gonna have to see how it plays out for now.
It’s also unclear how they’re going to do 1.3 billion dollars worth of work for 300 mill. Barely half the cost of the material alone.
The company’s contract with PREPA is to rebuild 100 miles of transmission lines
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/o ... t-puerto-/

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

A company that is 2 years old and has no experience in repairing the power grid after a hurricane coming from a state that has never seen one picked by a secret ballot.... no wonder the power still isn't returning in any form. Still no idea why they didn't contact with a company from I don't know a state experienced in hurricane repair like Florida , Lousiana , Texas , or even North Carolina. I have no doubt that a massive scandal will come from this. Payoffs or underbidding for a job they can't hope to fix would be my guess.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

So roughly 176 towers per mile times 100 miles. 17.600 transmission towers. No clue what type they’ll be or the cost of transport, and assembly on site. Also are the sight prep costs of shooting, Forming, and pouring the 4 bases for each of the 17.600 towers. Or 70.400 bases all of which need to be created from scratch. Then you have 300+ miles of 24 Kva cable (high voltage shielded) and the insulators and hardware per tower. At least 6 complete setups per tower time 17.600 towers or 105.600 total provided none of them break. Reality is more like 106.000 with minimal breakage. (You’ll lose 1% in shipping). Cutting the sub feed distribution (regular power lines, poles and drop transformers, cuts the cost dramatically. So they’re about half the contract cost with just material. How they’re going to rent or buy equipment and pay manpower is a mistery to me. This will require around a thousand guys just to get power back by next spring sometime. Even if they staff enough people to stand up 500 towers a week, that’s 35.2 weeks just to stand up towers. They still have to string everything and splice & terminate all connections. We’re talking hundreds of thousands of man hours.

On another note, Tesla has one of the hospitals partially powered. It should be fully operational by weeks end. That’s pretty cool.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Chris the truth will come out soon or later or maybe never.

But as now, their main focus just like here are critical life-saving, health and public safety facilities first before homes. They said that 537 sites for emergency power generators that are still being delivered and installed across the island. The issues at hands again is that them generators are being delivered by trucks or flying in. So, landslides for the recent rain storm causing landslides, the no phone signal, the road signs missing etc is another key reason as to why power is not restore. Not to mention the all the cut backs they did on saving money over the years had a huge impact on their infrastructure. On top of their small airports jammed with cargo from supplies etc... does not make this an easy task.

For what it said, PREPA filed bankruptcy on 9 billion... I sure that could be a big reason as why the other companies might have not wanted the task per the link. PREPA were already in talks with the little engine that could before Maria hit. They did reach out to them because of their specialty in rough terrain. (yes, only 2 yrs old) They have 300 working and they said 1000 will be there. And they have folks from Jacksonville Florida Electric Authority and the New York Power Authority which know a thing or 2 about what to expected. I hear what you are saying and we wont know all the details untill later or maybe we wont. Just gonna have to play the waiting game and for them i know how bad it sucks.

Pat, the Corps has ordered $130 million worth of supplies & 62,000 telephone poles from the U.S. mainland. I read on telsa power wall as well. Again, their contract is for 100miles transmission lines as of now.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Thought I read yesterday that contract was being cancelled....
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

A letter sent by Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rossello to the Department of Homeland Security’s inspector general’s office on Wednesday touched off a Twitter feud and later apology by the small Montana-based company that earned a contract to restore power on the island.

Whitefish’s relative lack of experience -- coupled with the fact that it is based in Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke's hometown -- has fueled questions about how it secured the $300 million contract.

"I request that your office complete its review of the Whitefish Contract so that a final determination can be made as to the Whitefish Contract and address any other issues regarding the same by Monday, October 30, 2017," Rossello wrote in the letter.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/san-juan-mayo ... ories.html
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

It gets better by the day...and no power for PR.

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

Whitefish at the time of Hurricane Maria had 2 employees.... well if the smaller business would be better at these projects theory holds true PR is set (tommy It sucks that the people suffering will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Payoffs fraud and back alleys deals is what this reeks of.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

krash wrote:Thought I read yesterday that contract was being cancelled....
No, up for review and being audit.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

fishnfool73 wrote:Whitefish at the time of Hurricane Maria had 2 employees.... well if the smaller business would be better at these projects theory holds true PR is set (tommy It sucks that the people suffering will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Payoffs fraud and back alleys deals is what this reeks of.
Is this not how subcontracting works? Hey, Blue...What ya think now? Im playing teeter-totter here eatpop

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/24/news/ec ... index.html

Video at 2:20 is another reason why they were granted the work as well?
Payoffs fraud and back alleys deals is what this reeks of
It will show up soon or later...some big key people have been mentioned.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Rare wrote: Hey, Blue...What ya think now?
Well, this is beyond what I was saying about small company... I think this Whitefish is a pure BS artist, potentially political f@ckups... I have a bad feeling that this creates even bigger disaster than Maria to PR..

Return to “Soapbox Politics, Religion, etc."HEAVY" not light hearted”