Jew Fish on the table?

This area is all about things that can affect the Boatless-Land Fisherman as to State and Local Regulations, Rules that pertain to areas that we may fish and enviromental issues that we need to get involved in. Please read these posts and get invovled. We are stonger in Numbers.
Rare
SHARKER

Jew Fish on the table?

Post by Rare »

Might have jew fish on the table if they are talking about it..... soon or later.

Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission seeks feedback on goliath grouper
http://www.bradenton.com/sports/article157277604.html

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Jew Fish on the table?

Post by fishnfool73 »

Can't happen soon enough. Make it a size limit like 36-54 inches 1 per day 3 per boat max no spearing
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

fishnfool73 wrote:Can't happen soon enough. Make it a size limit like 36-54 inches 1 per day 3 per boat max no spearing
Why the "no spearing" ?
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Sitting ducks? Im for hook and line only.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

:stupid: plus pretty tough underwater to judge a slot limit like I suggested
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

If you find where they are hanging out and its not that hard, they are like catching trout in a pool at the carnival.... just drop a jack in and its game on.
I just don;t see not allowing spear-fishing them, if you are allowed to keep them it should be fair game like Hog Fish. If 1 fish per person with that type slot its not going to devastate the fishery, so long as there is no commercial opening.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

krash wrote:If you find where they are hanging out and its not that hard, they are like catching trout in a pool at the carnival.... just drop a jack in and its game on.
I just don;t see not allowing spear-fishing them, if you are allowed to keep them it should be fair game like Hog Fish. If 1 fish per person with that type slot its not going to devastate the fishery, so long as there is no commercial opening.

If your stand is fair game, then commercial fishing will have to join in. It wouldnt be right for them not too. If the number start to drop as they did for hogfish... then like hog fish they revised the rules and the new rules go in place. Hog fish new rules should be set sometime this year. (tommy

Return to “Regulations, Rules, Enviromental Issues”