2017 Team Boatless Bridge Fishing Trip!!!

Ask your question Here, remember to include the important stuff like, What gear, area you are in, and so on.
Rare
SHARKER

Re: 2017 Team Boatless Bridge Fishing Trip!!!

Post by Rare »

snapperfanatic18 wrote:You know jd and shannon? Small world...lol

Met JD a few times fishing. When i caught a nice keeper mutton sometime back, he came over with such a real genuine approach of excitement it showed his true natural of his fishing passion. Shannon introduced himself to John and I on the weekend. Thanking JD for all he knows about fishing and is still learning from him.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

kblue wrote:[Thank You Rare... I guess I am now joining the club....
Great write up and how it went down! :toast:

You were always there just needed you to see the other side of the coin first. I didnt think you could so i had to push hard! Now that you got to see both side you understand very well what we all have been saying. :jocolor:

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

Nice job dudes :toast:

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

Congrats to kblue and Rare! Good job guys!!! :toast:

anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anas473 »

Wow, you guys hit the money! Nice job! I read through that whole essay too kblue, I'll teach you grammar and you can show me those honey holes :P

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Nicely done blue

No worries about the extension. I did one for rare and as far as I know it still is kicking strong. Them KC blanks are sturdy ones.

I remember rare calling it SURFING meaning to say just haul em in so they surf topside. :dude:

Well done blue. First one is the most exiting. Caught my first 2 on a 7 foot with a old penn 3/0 and 30lb momio

Most important is to relax as rare said. And keep that line tight. run to the opposite side and crank the slack as fast as it goes.
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

kblue
"Finally, clouds are gone... And bright moon light come up... I felt Permits are the move to hunt shrimps... I changed the bait... "

are you tellin me you changed to new crab or to a shrimp and didnt tell me you changed to a big shrimp...

were you being sneaky

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

I like how both the fish and fisherman are smiling in pic. Nice job on a huge night time permit. I missed most of the fight as I was watching the rods at the other end of the spread.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

clarence2society wrote:kblue
"Finally, clouds are gone... And bright moon light come up... I felt Permits are the move to hunt shrimps... I changed the bait... "
are you tellin me you changed to new crab or to a shrimp and didnt tell me you changed to a big shrimp...

were you being sneaky
LOL.... I wrote it confused... when moon was up, I checked the bait and didn't like the condition so I changed it to new crab...
I won't use shrimp as it will be too much work... I kinda discussed with rare on the way home about what I did differently from others because I know I did something different... But we concluded it was like using cloud in sky as a land mark...Every spot will vary depending on the time of the year... but next trip, I will do the same and will observe how others do...and Adapt, Improvise and Overcome !!! :toast:

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

ill have mine this week.... just watch.. my only thing is.... the moon will be gone by time i get back to keys so... when to fish... I know where i am going so does rare.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

anas473 wrote: I'll teach you grammar and you can show me those honey holes :P
No need to teach me grammar. That is as far as I can go after using English 27 years... my 10 year old girl is far better than me...

Come to next fishing trip and you will find all about HH...

clarence2society wrote:ill have mine this week.... just watch.. my only thing is.... the moon will be gone by time i get back to keys so... when to fish... I know where i am going so does rare.
Go get them !!! :toast:

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

kblue wrote:I kinda discussed with rare on the way home about what I did differently from others because I know I did something different... But we concluded it was like using cloud in sky as a land mark.:

Too funny! I caught them at night in full moon, new moon and even showed them my moon and caught. The only difference is the permit found your bait. Now, if you dont get tagged on the next trip you will be beating yourself on why its not working or what am i doing different when other are catching. Something different was me telling you to put the bait out when you didnt think they hit at night and me telling you where to fish as you wanted to go far out. eatpop

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Cash me outside!
eatpop eatpop eatpop eatpop eatpop eatpop eatpop eatpop

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

I am sure that permit must be so tasty.... one of my fav fish to eat

lasthope
Old Salt

Post by lasthope »

Rare wrote:Cash me outside!
eatpop eatpop eatpop eatpop eatpop eatpop eatpop eatpop
This man looks cold

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Rare wrote:
kblue wrote:I kinda discussed with rare on the way home about what I did differently from others because I know I did something different... But we concluded it was like using cloud in sky as a land mark.:

Too funny! I caught them at night in full moon, new moon and even showed them my moon and caught. The only difference is the permit found your bait. Now, if you dont get tagged on the next trip you will be beating yourself on why its not working or what am i doing different when other are catching. Something different was me telling you to put the bait out when you didnt think they hit at night and me telling you where to fish as you wanted to go far out. eatpop
fully agreed. And I removed the element of "no permit run at night" from my permit data set.

Full moon itself may not mean much but when it co-related to the other factor... the chance will increase exponentially...

For example,
Event A : full moon
Event B : shrimp run
Event C : permit run

The conditional probability of event C occurring becomes so high given that event A and B already occurred.
lasthope wrote: This man looks cold
It was windy and cold...but I don't want to dig into sleeping bag... Now is the time to talk about 2nd permit...
I have to be ready to fight... When 2nd permit clicked the reel, I get up and run as soon as I heard... During the fight, I had to yell, shout, and scream many times to wake Rare up...
And then, he said where is the rod with sabiki rig? his eye was still half closed...I made sabiki rig with 2 x 6/0 and treble hook. But I moved it to the other side where all the rods were when a few groups of peoples passed by ( I don't want to give a chance to anyone.)...But that causes Rare not able to find the rod... He went through 10 rods but couldn't find it...until I said "look for black reel"...lol Finally, when he found it and dropped the sabiki rig, the hook was pulled out... Obviously, I had no chance even if he found the sabiki rod on time as the hook set wasn't good.. In fact, sabiki rig was something we did to keep our chance open given the fact that we had no bridge net.

To all new comers,

This may explain why these forum seniors don't want to do permit fishing with someone not familiar with bridge permit fishing, which requires superb quality of teamworks... perhaps worst time to learn or teach something... Due to the intensity of situation, people can not help but saying things straight like " I lost fish because of you doing something stupid (I tangled the net with line and hook one trip before...luckily we were able to land the fish by hand line pulling.)"... lol It is a fierce combat and undisciplined soldier has no chance to survive ( meaning getting away with a permit without being blamed. People get blamed for doing something stupid or even doing nothing... I heard so much of stories and dramas. BTW, they become "good" memories to talk about over and over)
I heard some famous Ronnie stories...lol

On the other side, our forum's party boat fishing like pulley ridge or one day charter may be much more forgiving as long as you know how to avoid and manage line tangles... If there were many participants, we could arrange to charter one full day party boat for forum... This may be cheaper than bridge fishing...good chance to catch nice fish. For one full day (24 hours) permit fishing, depending on the number of rods, you may need at least two dozen of crabs, which cost $3 x 24 = $72 and 2 dozens of fresh hoo that costs $1 x 24 = 24. So bait cost alone per person may come close to $100. Permit fishing is far worthy than $100 and hanging around with senior members is priceless... But full day charter will be cheaper than $100 assuming the boat provides baits... if Pat comes, we could hear his fascinating story of super cow fishing... However, boat fishing could be aggravating experience if senior members catching lots of fishes while you catch few or none....without a good amount of experience, your chance would be very low... I will talk about having a full day trip with our boatless charter master...

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

This $hit is too funny! If that was the case why weren't others catching. We weren't the only ones fishing for them. LoL! Ron, I need ya over here asap! Think of blue as Richard when he cut your line. Do as you feel fit

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Then he will have a real RON experience. Too bad there wasn't anyone home to hear how much fun I had reading both versions.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

john and i had a couple small runs but nothing took... in fact i dunno what it was but when tide switched sunday i was fishing ocean side of bridge and ihad 2 or 3 hard pulls on my permit rod... but still had crab on it..... it wasnt current or weed thats for sure.... at that point i was also hopin for a nice hog on that side....

josie and i ate my three porgs for lunch today i made 6 fillets in sets of two three diff ways in the pan.. my jerk ones were best of all three...they cooked fast too....

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Rare wrote:Think of blue as Richard when he cut your line. Do as you feel fit
Lol I get it

Hey btw here another one. Remember C5 when I blamed Herb being in the way while I was wrapped round the Piling. Or where that Perm was done and ready to be hauled in and just flopped topside as the hook came off cuz I was useing those thick 5/0 ppfffftttt

Oh and here a re group Reminder - Remember You John and I and something called a crab trap LMFAO. John was so far out there
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Rare wrote:This $hit is too funny! If that was the case why weren't others catching.
LOL, you are damn right..... :uplol:
But what can be the probability when there are only three permit bites throughout the trip, one rod out of 4 getting all three bites?
There must be something I did... Other factors may be current direction and cast distance... :drunk:

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Let me try this 1 more time for you. Beside us as we as our group we were not the only ones fishing for them. I told you before, I got hit and went 4for4 when others didn't get a bite and right next to me and beside me. Other factors you were not the only one let your bait go back. It's getting to your head......

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

STRIZ wrote:
Oh and here a re group Reminder - Remember You John and I and something called a crab trap LMFAO. John was so far out there
Ron those were the best times.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

STRIZ wrote:John was so far out there
Green Tide wrote:Ron those were the best times.
John!!, John!!! JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!! lol! Then looks at me and walks into the dark! Ron & I just busted out laughing keep pulling Ron!

Before ya saying anything! This trap was tangle with a Permit. Ron & I,(John was laughing somewhere in the dark) with 100lb test line, 1 on each side pulled the box and permit out. Our knots were no issue! Down went the trap were it belong and we put back the lost buoy that was tangle on the other side with it. eatpop

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Yeah John

You holding the rope with that expression of ( Yo Yo Yo dude when is this UFO gonna land :cheers: )

Oh brah remember that bugger had concrete on the bottom. We pulled that Hard I almost blew a fuse lmao
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

That does sound like me. :pistols:

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Funny thing is tho that I had at least 3 times that. I got you a couple times over the years at a walk in the dark level.

All in good friendship tho and I really need to find the time to break loose for a week or 2 of SoFla again to count the roaches and rats on the bridges
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

That would be great. I am ready for a walk and Kblue needs a Ron story, maybe one of the burger meals.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

when do we start planning for april.....??

i am so ready for round two...

i said watch me get my permit this weekend but i didnt even bring both coolers... ha.. maybe ill fish last of darkness after work tomorrow... but i doubt it....

anyhow lets start plannin april.

GetFish
Seasoned Fisher

Post by GetFish »

Was hoping to make it out there, slow bite or not, if anything just to meet some of you guys. But then I got a last minute invite from my boy to go out on his boat so I couldn't pass that up.

Ended up doing a lot better than I likely would have. Ended up with 33 decent-size macks and 6 mangroves over 13".

Return to “Boatless Fishing General Info”