2017 Blacktip migration - Where are they runnin?

This area is for Shark'in Reports from all over, These reports must be catch and Release if you've gone shark'in put them here. All photos of sharks must be alive, there will be no tolerance for Photos of Dead Sharks.

Oh no are there sharks at the beach?
Loaded4shark
Fisher

2017 Blacktip migration - Where are they runnin?

Post by Loaded4shark »

New to the site here. Trying to start a thread on location reports of Blacktip activity. Just general areas... don't give up your honey hole! I am heading down to southern Florida once I hear they are runnin. Came across a post on this forum for the 2011 migration and it got quite a few reports. Lets make it happen this year!!

Matt

anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Re: 2017 Blacktip migration - Where are they runnin?

Post by anas473 »

There was quite a few spinners launching by the jetty last Thursday at the fort pierce jetty. I personally got spooked by something I couldn't see.

CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Post by CELLFISH »

I know of at least 3 Spinners swimming around with a 8/0 hook and 2 foot steel leaders between its teeth... cellfish....
... sand under my bare feet is better than subway steps with steel toe boots on ...

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Josh used to have a tourneyment. Not sure why he quit. Probably to busy with his show.
The migration goes on until April or so. It starts in the fall. They should be around now. But we had Wahoo off shore all last summer so who knows any more.
All the migration's seem to be screwed up. Pompano has been miserable last few years. At least at commercial.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Post by CELLFISH »

CELLFISH wrote:.
I know of at least 3 Spinners swimming around with a 8/0 hook and 2 foot steel leaders between its teeth... cellfish....
20 # mono dosent cut it... cellfish...
... sand under my bare feet is better than subway steps with steel toe boots on ...

Loaded4shark
Fisher

Post by Loaded4shark »

Bump :reeling:

Loaded4shark
Fisher

Post by Loaded4shark »

Thanks for the updates! Will be heading down from Illinois next month. I have my trip planned for the week of Feb 20th in West Palm Beach area. If anyone wants to meet up with me and my brother we would appreciate the company!

Keep the reports comin!

Loaded4shark
Fisher

Post by Loaded4shark »

https://youtu.be/yrR2tCOcFSY

They are at Ft Pierce beach right now. Hope they are at West palm beach by next weekend!

Loaded4shark
Fisher

Post by Loaded4shark »

https://youtu.be/78rWnnKh_mg

Singer island the schools are there now

Return to “Shark'in Reports”