License Question...

This area is all about things that can affect the Boatless-Land Fisherman as to State and Local Regulations, Rules that pertain to areas that we may fish and enviromental issues that we need to get involved in. Please read these posts and get invovled. We are stonger in Numbers.
tears143
KING MACKEREL

License Question...

Post by tears143 »

Since Sep 1st, you do not need a saltwater fishing license to fish...
Do you still need a Snook stamp in order to keep one?
I know I read somewhere in the book that if there's no license requirement, you do not need the stamp to keep one... an example of this would be the pier that has the pier license...
Wondering if it apply to the free fish day as well...
I already got my license and stamp already... so it doesn't matter to me.

http://myfwc.com/license/recreational/d ... a-license/

You do not need a saltwater fishing license or a snook or spiny lobster *permit if...
You have been accepted as a client for developmental services by the Agency for Persons with Disabilities External Website. The agency must furnish proof to such clients.
You fish from a for-hire vessel (guide, charter, party boat) that has a valid vessel license Not a Mobile-Enabled Link.
You fish from a vessel, the operator of which has a valid vessel license issued in the name of the operator of the vessel.
You fish for recreational purposes from a pier with a valid pier saltwater fishing license.
You have a valid saltwater products license Not a Mobile-Enabled Link or a valid FWC charter captain Not a Mobile-Enabled Link license (does not apply to charter boat or U.S. Coast Guard licenses).
You are a resident who is fishing for mullet in fresh water and you have a valid Florida resident freshwater fishing license.
You are a resident who is saltwater fishing from land or a structure fixed to land who has been determined eligible for the food stamp, temporary cash assistance, or Medicaid Program by the Department of Children and Families External Website(DCF). Proof of identification and a benefit issuance or program identification card issued by DCF or the Agency for Health Care Administration External Website must be on your person when fishing. A license is required when fishing from a vessel or when swimming or diving.
You are a resident who is fishing with live or natural bait, using poles or lines that are not equipped with a fishing-line-retrieval mechanism, and you are fishing for noncommercial purposes in your home county. However, you must have a valid fishing license to fish by any method in a fish management area Not a Mobile-Enabled Link.
You are saltwater fishing during Free Saltwater Fishing Days Not a Mobile-Enabled Link

I think I answered myself on that one...

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Re: License Question...

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

tears143 wrote: You are saltwater fishing during Free Saltwater Fishing Days Not a Mobile-Enabled Link

Yup

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

The stamp is a worth while expense if you can afford it.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

diggin4grouper
KING MACKEREL

Post by diggin4grouper »

Poseidon10/31 wrote:
tears143 wrote: You are saltwater fishing during Free Saltwater Fishing Days Not a Mobile-Enabled Link

Yup
you need the snook stamp ! even on the free fishing day unless your useing a cane pole ( using poles or lines that are not equipped with a fishing-line-retrieval mechanism)

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Hmmm... Kind of a gray area here. It says no license required for ANY recreational species and for examples it includes lobsters which normally require an additional stamp. I'm thinking they intend to let you keep a slot snook if they're gonna let you keep lobsters without the additional permit. in conclusion, :scratch:

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

just pay the $10 and get the stamp anyway....it's not like the snook are only gonna bite sept 1

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

I do have the stamp and the license...

According to the words... I am 100% sure you can keep the slot snook on the free fishing day without a stamp or license.

diggin4grouper
KING MACKEREL

Post by diggin4grouper »

tears143 wrote:I do have the stamp and the license...

According to the words... I am 100% sure you can keep the slot snook on the free fishing day without a stamp or license.
i talked to the fwc last night at the pier and he said you need the stamps if your useing normal rod and reel any thing other than a cane pole which does not have a something to reel in the line needs them .

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

diggin4grouper wrote:
tears143 wrote:I do have the stamp and the license...

i talked to the fwc last night at the pier and he said you need the stamps if your useing normal rod and reel any thing other than a cane pole which does not have a something to reel in the line needs them .
Even on a free fishing day? Then the sentences on myfwc.com is very mis-leading!!!

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Looks like FWC will be writing a lot of tickets tomorrow...

migs24
Old Salt

Post by migs24 »

Poseidon10/31 wrote:Looks like FWC will be writing a lot of tickets tomorrow...
Agreed. That's kinda like saying tarpon are ok to keep on free fishing day with no permit. Not happening lol don't be cheap people and get your stamps. It'll be a lot cheaper than the man handing you a slip.

GetFish
Seasoned Fisher

Post by GetFish »

Can you get the snook stamp online? If not, where can I get one?

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

This is taken from the MyFWC FB pages, looks pretty straight forward to me.

"Sunday is also Saltwater License-Free fishing day throughout Florida. On this day, Florida residents and visitors can experience Florida’s unique saltwater fishing opportunities first hand without being required to have a recreational saltwater fishing license. Snook and spiny lobster permits are also not required on License-Free Fishing day. All bag limits, seasons and size restrictions apply on these dates"
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

But officer this was my first time and I didn't know snook has a slot.

diggin4grouper
KING MACKEREL

Post by diggin4grouper »

krash wrote:This is taken from the MyFWC FB pages, looks pretty straight forward to me.

"Sunday is also Saltwater License-Free fishing day throughout Florida. On this day, Florida residents and visitors can experience Florida’s unique saltwater fishing opportunities first hand without being required to have a recreational saltwater fishing license. Snook and spiny lobster permits are also not required on License-Free Fishing day. All bag limits, seasons and size restrictions apply on these dates"
krash

from the first post on here

You do not need a saltwater fishing license or a snook or spiny lobster *permit if...
You have been accepted as a client for developmental services by the Agency for Persons with Disabilities External Website. The agency must furnish proof to such clients.
You fish from a for-hire vessel (guide, charter, party boat) that has a valid vessel license Not a Mobile-Enabled Link.
You fish from a vessel, the operator of which has a valid vessel license issued in the name of the operator of the vessel.
You fish for recreational purposes from a pier with a valid pier saltwater fishing license.
You have a valid saltwater products license Not a Mobile-Enabled Link or a valid FWC charter captain Not a Mobile-Enabled Link license (does not apply to charter boat or U.S. Coast Guard licenses).
You are a resident who is fishing for mullet in fresh water and you have a valid Florida resident freshwater fishing license.
You are a resident who is saltwater fishing from land or a structure fixed to land who has been determined eligible for the food stamp, temporary cash assistance, or Medicaid Program by the Department of Children and Families External Website(DCF). Proof of identification and a benefit issuance or program identification card issued by DCF or the Agency for Health Care Administration External Website must be on your person when fishing. A license is required when fishing from a vessel or when swimming or diving.
You are a resident who is fishing with live or natural bait, using poles or lines that are not equipped with a fishing-line-retrieval mechanism, and you are fishing for noncommercial purposes in your home county. However, you must have a valid fishing license to fish by any method in a fish management area Not a Mobile-Enabled Link.
You are saltwater fishing during Free Saltwater Fishing Days Not a Mobile-Enabled Link

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

diggin4grouper wrote:
krash wrote:This is taken from the MyFWC FB pages, looks pretty straight forward to me.

krash

from the first post on here

The last quote is what I am refer-ing to... not that one you pointed out. It does not seem like one sentence and on the website it showed as list in a way.

bunun
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bunun »

how much is a snook stamp ?

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

bunun wrote:how much is a snook stamp ?
$10

bunun
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bunun »

tears143 wrote:
bunun wrote:how much is a snook stamp ?
$10
just picked mines up, hopefully i get a snook

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

I'll be heading out to get my snook soon.

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

Green Tide wrote:I'll be heading out to get my snook soon.
Good luck!

EddieJRubi
Fisher

Post by EddieJRubi »

just got my snook permit will be at black point marina all day look out the yellow shirt!
Look at where Jesus went to pick people. He didn't go to the colleges; he got guys off the fishing docks.
Join my Facebook group ACTION VIVA!!

facebook.com/groups/ACTIONVIVA/

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

EddieJRubi wrote:just got my snook permit will be at black point marina all day look out the yellow shirt!
don't catch them all now! ;)

EddieJRubi
Fisher

Post by EddieJRubi »

tears143 wrote:
EddieJRubi wrote:just got my snook permit will be at black point marina all day look out the yellow shirt!
don't catch them all now! ;)

:chillpill: Don't worry I didn't go today! I will start on saturday morning :rabbit:
Look at where Jesus went to pick people. He didn't go to the colleges; he got guys off the fishing docks.
Join my Facebook group ACTION VIVA!!

facebook.com/groups/ACTIONVIVA/

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Of course I have t seen any snook this week

migs24
Old Salt

Post by migs24 »

I've only been able to go out once since opening... Got a few and all were short. Gonna try to make it out tonight :batman: hopefully I can get some pics and maybe smthng for the box.

Return to “Regulations, Rules, Enviromental Issues”