Fort Lauderdale may get a new fishing pier with your help

This area is all about things that can affect the Boatless-Land Fisherman as to State and Local Regulations, Rules that pertain to areas that we may fish and enviromental issues that we need to get involved in. Please read these posts and get invovled. We are stonger in Numbers.
fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Fort Lauderdale may get a new fishing pier with your help

Post by fishnfool73 »

Pat you overanalyze my point on storms. If one of the three piers in Broward now is damaged during a storm will it be profitable to reopen it if a 4th pier opens. You can only cut a pie so many times til its not worth the cost of the slice. Broward does not need a 5th pier. I am all for another pier on one hand but in the long run will it cost us 1or more of our existing piers. Also good luck with parking at that location.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

As usual Chris you bring up some excelent point's. To answer them, the City,County, and State as part of the pre construction plan will do a feasibility study. As they will have the same concerns you do. And rightfully so. Economic impact is a huge part of that study. The State will actually have the final say based on those study's. Even if we get the signature's, all that does is give the Lauderdale CC reason to consider it. But it would still be a long way from reality. Another thing to think about is best case a new pier worst is no pier. In the middle is the possiblity of the State and County funding upgrading the existing piers. Again not likely but possible. I'd bet all the piers would like to eliminate their electric bill's along with installing lighting that cost's less than 25% of what their paying now to maintain and is environmentally friendly. On top of all that it's deductable as Green tech. A proposal like this could be just the thing to outline these point's. In the end if that's all that get's done, Well that ain't bad.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

I signed it, and put it up on my facebook to see if others may sign it. :toast:

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Ricky; They already have the money. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/browar ... 7812.story
One of the many proposals on the table is a new pier. The actual cost of the proposed design is considerably less than a conventional pier design.

fldoowop
Seasoned Fisher

Post by fldoowop »

I done it also :patriot:
Someday I'll catch the big one.

regulator70
Seasoned Fisher

Post by regulator70 »

done #54

fshn1055
Fisher

Post by fshn1055 »

since this new pier is planned for ft laud.....i take it ,like all other structures over water in broward county.....it will have "no fishing" signs all over it....screw you uncle sam

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

fshn1055 wrote:since this new pier is planned for ft laud.....i take it ,like all other structures over water in broward county.....it will have "no fishing" signs all over it....screw you uncle sam
I guess you misread the title. Allow me to reiterate. (I'll type real slow)
Fort Lauderdale "MAY" get a new "FISHING PIER" with your help. If like other's you have ligitimate concerns, feel free to post them. However if your just off on a rant which is rather evident. please start a new thread so some of us may be able to figure out WTF your talking about.
By the way, Welcome to the forum.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Well Nelson I don't think he was talking about Miami/Dade :mrgreen:

fshn1055; I have furniture with more common sense than you have. I am also not the guy who think's anyone would hang a "no fishing" sign on a "fishing pier". And spare me your feeble attempt's at insults. They only make you look more ridiculous. I do however agree with your "dumb schmuck" comment, It only took you 2 post's to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that your a waste of space.

fshn1055
Fisher

Post by fshn1055 »

Bla

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Hey Fshn1055...

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

:uplol: :uplol: :uplol:

Wolfish
Fisher

Post by Wolfish »

done... Hope the Parking is reasonable!!! LOL

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

rare wrote:
crashmister wrote:Well Nelson I don't think he was talking about Miami/Dade :mrgreen:
*LOL*

I believe this fshn1055 is fight some inner demons, Pat. Maybe both Tommy's kicked him off the pier... I have yet to understand what he/she/it is trying so hard to explain...I think that's all we want. Maybe he hates fishing piers :happyfisherman:
Nelson; I don't think HE know's what he's trying to explain. Judging by his few posts, I think he hate's everything. Especally pier's. I do know he's wasting his time trying to insult me.
SD; I agree, we've heard this music before.

jbuck501
Old Salt

Post by jbuck501 »

WOW!!! He is new to the board and he has Pat down...solid!!! LOL>LOL. Well Pat you have officialy been told!! LO>LOL.
You have to love the internet. Fingers punching keys are faster then the brain. Lot's of 6'10" mountains of meat defiying anyone to meet them any where, any time. LOL>LOL.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

jbuck501 wrote:WOW!!! He is new to the board and he has Pat down...solid!!! LOL>LOL. Well Pat you have officialy been told!! LO>LOL.
You have to love the internet. Fingers punching keys are faster then the brain. Lot's of 6'10" mountains of meat defiying anyone to meet them any where, any time. LOL>LOL.
Yeah! Next time I'll duck Jimmy :mrgreen:

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

Done.
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

#57... :|
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

fairweather
Fisher

Post by fairweather »

james380 wrote:#57... :|
Yeah. Not much action. #58.

kitmobley
Fisher

Post by kitmobley »

upvote for las olas pier

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

I signed up on the 14th but didn't post a follow up .... also sent it to my e-mail list and received word from a few others who signed on the dotted line.
Even if this takes the next 7-10 years to possibly get it done from all that I've read pertaining to the inovations in design and the task to be the most advanced fishing pier in the world this is an exciting design and worth any effort from all of us. Who knows- they may have sandwiches on order and cold ones in your space- which will be air conditoned with your own high back chair and foot stool. Now that's the best pier in the world. Or, a state of the art facility where we can jig and dig for a plate full of fresh catch. I'm in...

Richard, You signed on December 14, 2010.
Your signature has been delivered to:
To build the longest most advanced and environmentally friendly fishing pier in the world in Fort Lauderdale

kitmobley
Fisher

Post by kitmobley »

rshields wrote:I signed up on the 14th but didn't post a follow up .... also sent it to my e-mail list and received word from a few others who signed on the dotted line.
Even if this takes the next 7-10 years to possibly get it done from all that I've read pertaining to the inovations in design and the task to be the most advanced fishing pier in the world this is an exciting design and worth any effort from all of us. Who knows- they may have sandwiches on order and cold ones in your space- which will be air conditoned with your own high back chair and foot stool. Now that's the best pier in the world. Or, a state of the art facility where we can jig and dig for a plate full of fresh catch. I'm in...

Richard, You signed on December 14, 2010.
Your signature has been delivered to:
To build the longest most advanced and environmentally friendly fishing pier in the world in Fort Lauderdale

I envisioned a pier with a live bait well running around the entire thing. wifi, waitresses, ice compartments, sonar, and those people walkers in the airports. that would be sweeeeet.

kitmobley
Fisher

Post by kitmobley »

rare wrote:You can have all of that...kitmobley. *LOL* Sounds more like a dream, but hey. I just want a pier to catch fish when I am not in Key West. 8)

i can only dream right. would be super if i didn't have to truck my cart. just show up with a cooler, rods and tackle box

ItsAllAboutME
Weekend Warrior

Post by ItsAllAboutME »

+1 #70, i (REALLY) want that best pier in the world to be in ft lauderdale!

xdescrubx
Fisher

Post by xdescrubx »

# 73

Return to “Regulations, Rules, Enviromental Issues”