sears gamefisher tri hull

Ask your question Here, remember to include the important stuff like, What gear, area you are in, and so on.
lefty26
Weekend Warrior

sears gamefisher tri hull

Post by lefty26 »

i recently purchased a sears gamefisher 14ft tri hull with a 9.9 hp evinrude that starts right up. i have built to livewells so i can keep live bait.the boat is sound and does not leak.i am planning on adding a fishfinder but have no idea on how to do the wiring electrical work.what do i need to purchase i was rthinking a marine battery would be powerful enough.but i also have to power the navigational lights.my other question was that i am mostly going to be doing saltwater fishing.i want to know how far out i can go with a 9.9 hp with two people and very little gear.mostly going to be fishing out of key biscayne like how far out would i have to go to get on some fish?fishing on card sound road is also a possibility. any help or suggestions are very appreciated.

caprifisher
Seasoned Fisher

Re: sears gamefisher tri hull

Post by caprifisher »

With a 14 ft Sears Gamefisher I wouldn't venture to far . This is a Alu Boat is mainly for protected water .(Lakes)Make sure you know the rules of the road and watch for the wakes of other boats.Get all the required safety equipment !As for the fishfinder ,just get a battery ,fuses ,wiring etc .It isn't to difficult to install a fish finder .Do you have any boating experience ?

CubanExpress
Boatlessfishing.com FORUM SPONSOR

Post by CubanExpress »

depending on how big your balls are will determine how far out the sears gamefisher 14ft tri hull can go.

lefty26
Weekend Warrior

Post by lefty26 »

well ive gone fisshing offshore in a kayak plenty of times.its not aluminum its fiberglass.

CubanExpress
Boatlessfishing.com FORUM SPONSOR

Post by CubanExpress »

Just try to use common sense when operation any vessel. If a small craft advisory out in effect don't try to chance it.

lefty26
Weekend Warrior

Post by lefty26 »

with the wiring im clueless ima go to bass pro and see what they tell me.

Return to “Boatless Fishing General Info”