I hope you like this BulletBobber

Please post Businesses that cater to us and are helpful in the area and Boatless Fishing related links here with a detailed title thanks.
BulBob
Fisher

I hope you like this BulletBobber

Post by BulBob »

I invented something neat for boatless fisherman.
It is what I always wanted so I nvented it but it wasn't easy.
I call it the BulletBobber.

It is little planer board that I put on my line and it flips direction when I give it a little tug.

Catch and Release or Fresh Catch of the Day on the Table.
Help our fish populations grow.
Paul Lieb
BulletBobber Enterpprises
www.bulletbobber.com

Dhunter55
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Dhunter55 »

Send me a sample and I'll field test it and write a review here.
I say we fish 5 days and work 2

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell all my guns and fishing gear for what I told her I paid for them.

Dhunter55
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Dhunter55 »

Send me a free sample and I'll field test it and write a review. :D

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell all my guns and fishing gear for what I told her I paid for them.

STARS6
Seasoned Fisher

Post by STARS6 »

Very interesting.

Are you going to patent this money-maker ?

How do I get one ?

OLD SCHOOL
STARS6

BulBob
Fisher

Post by BulBob »

Dhunter55, I sell them cheap and can not afford to give out samples or advertising. I just hope to get back what I spent in the next 3 years and that is about 50,000 bobbers worth. I just kept spending because I like them and like to finish what I start. I did finally get a patent but it wasn’t cheap and I had 2 molds made that didn’t work out.

STARS6 go to www.Bulletbobbers.com and check out the combo pack for the best deal. It may be a money maker some day but it will take lots of work and lots help.

I enterd the "Invent Now Challenge" that runs for a week on the Discovery Channell. My patent could be used to make a rescue device if made the size of a football with hand holds and trailing strap. It could get to a person stranded in high fast water or eliminate the need for an accurate ring throw to person overboard. Wish me luck!
Paul Lieb
www.bulletbobber.com

Master-Baiter
Old Salt

Post by Master-Baiter »

Not the first time I've seen this sort of "invention".

Years ago, there was an "As Seen On TV" lure that could also be "controlled" directionally.

Anyway, I queried "WHOIS". The site was created 12 June 2003, last updated 7 Oct 2006, expires 12 June 2007. No need to list the naame, etc of the individual here.

As I previously mentioned, I've seen this type of product before, in a lure. Do they work? Only you can decide for yourself.

Personally, I'm somewhat skeptical.

My philosophy and general belief is that there is nothing "new" for fishing, just improvements to old fashioned ways. (Excluding electronics such as GPS, sonar, et al)

If this does work, why have we not heard about it before, or seen and used old fashioned versions before a new and improved model was copyrighted or patented?

"BIG FISH" will be contacting them, to see whether they would like to help sponsor the next BIG FISH gathering, and have the opportunity to put their product to the test by anglers.

If they do have confidence in their bullet bobber, they should be anxious to provide promotional product for the forum members to use and test at our next gathering. :)

My personal thoughts are that this will "work" under ideal conditions, to a certain extent. Whether it will work under our local, average saltwater conditions is something I would want to see, and test for myself.

BulBob
Fisher

Post by BulBob »

MB,

I fully guarantee that they are good for all conditions except fast trolling speeds or fast currents or very large lures.
It does take some time to understand how they work and to take full advantage of concept.

This is the link direct to the USPTO patent # 6,874,271
http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Pars ... PN/6874271

I have been asked by Chet Moore the director of the Tennessee Striped Bass Association to make a larger one 6” long.
I will do it some time but I am tapped out right now.

Here is an article written by chuck Smock the editor of Cabela’s Outfitters Journal. I am hoping to be in Cabela's stores soon and in their catalog next year.

I have heard others say this is not new but if the patent examiner says it is I believe them. I do not doubt that there have been scams in the past but this is real.

Paul Lieb
BulletBobber Enterprises
3586 Wadsworth Rd.
Norton, OH 44203
www.bulletbobber.com
plieb@neo.rr.com
330-825-0479 after 5:00 or weekends - still got the day job!
Paul Lieb
www.bulletbobber.com

****MIKE****
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ****MIKE**** »

nice work
PERFECTION IN FISHING!

BulBob
Fisher

Post by BulBob »

linesider, You're not a sucker you’re a FISHERMAN!

Thanks,
I'll get them in the mail today.
I have them packaged and I'm heading out now to the PO with 2 other orders.
I look forward to your review.

It is the most fun when there is some whatever movement but it is better float for all conditions.

The last diagram in the shore fishing talks about slip rigging and I like that technique. I just finished this model to explain how to slip rig it. The wire stripping is a crude approach so I ordered some tubing to cut and include if they fit right. The hole the line goes thru is 1/8" diameter.

It's a good thing I do 3D stuff for a living but I am really getting tiered of computer work and want to go FISHING!

Paul Lieb
www.bulletbobber.com

Dhunter55
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Dhunter55 »

Paul, have these been tested in saltwater or with using live bait.

BulBob
Fisher

Post by BulBob »

3 or 4 customers have used them in salt water but I do not have any videos, pictures or testimonials yet. They should work better because salt water is heavier and makes them float better.

I believe this is true.
If your going to use a float using one with directional control is always better.
Paul Lieb
www.bulletbobber.com

BulBob
Fisher

Post by BulBob »

I would not have invested in making it if it did not have a lot more uses then a regular bobber.
When I invented it I knew I had something any fishermen could use to catch more fish.

Keeping your lure in the water longer and where you want it is going to catch you more fish!
It travels up to 6" for 1" of retrieve and provides continuos action in a current or from a boat.

It is now also catching on for slow trolling, drifting, or anchoring in a current for many species. The 4" X-Large can handle fiar sized bait and lures.
A striped guide reported he is dramatically increasing his catch and his clients thrilled to use them.

I keep hearing that it is not for Bass but if it keeps your bait in the water and where you want it (100% of the time) you could catch more bass then Mike Iaconelli and Kevin Vandam. They are good but will not try it until someone beats them. That someone could be you!

You will be seeing and hearing a lot more about it as some TV programs show how it works and after I complete the North American Fisherman review and rating program. I am 100% confident it will be a big hit.
Paul Lieb
www.bulletbobber.com

jake in jupiter
Seasoned Fisher

Post by jake in jupiter »

SO has your product gotten big in the world yet?

I was flipping through the channels the other day and on Discovery channel they were talking about the Water Kite which was a lifesaving device used in fast water situations. I looked almost identical to your product except the blade was only on one side and the other side was a platform with handles to allow a person to hold on. It was controlled with two lines is cut effortlessly throught the water upstream in rapid water, quite impressive actually. It was toughted as being able to keep the rescue swimmers out of the water, and took the guess work out of throwing lines to the victims. They were interviewing the inventor was that you?

jake in jupiter
Seasoned Fisher

Post by jake in jupiter »

BulBob
Fisher

Post by BulBob »

NO - Dang it, Someone must have beat me to the punch with a planing rescue device.

Having directional control and only needing one line should be an improvement I hope to capitalize on.

I still hope to make it on the Modern Marvel "Invent Now Challenge" next year. They notify the 25 finalist in January.
Paul Lieb
www.bulletbobber.com

BulBob
Fisher

Post by BulBob »

I just watched the videos and believe the large size and the different rudder sizes needed may be there downfall to ever getting a real market going.

I did not see a Patent # anywhere either.

I wish I could get the publicity they got for my BulletBobber.

Thanks for the info Jake :)
Paul Lieb
www.bulletbobber.com

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

linesider wrote:JUST GOT MINE IN THE 24TH. THERE ARE IN MY TACKLE BOX READY TO BE USED.

THEY SHOULD BE IN THE WATER BY THE END OF THE WEEK.
I WILL KEEP EVERYONE POSTED.
Ya- Lemme know - they look interesting, and if they perform well could be really just the ticket out in the Glades to swim a shiner around a deadfall...

BulBob
Fisher

Post by BulBob »

This isn't very good quality video but it's subtle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaOy9SdjHTk

I am hoping some folks will send me some video with actual fish being caught like this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83UL0ggyEsA

linesider,
I hope there is some current where you test them so you get the full affect of what they can do. I'de like to see it gain popularity on piers because they have tackle shops and lots of fishermen! I could use a couple salesmen on 20% comission.
Paul Lieb
www.bulletbobber.com

JB
Fisher

Post by JB »

Can a sticky thread be bumped? :lol:

This thing looks interesting, so I was hoping to hear linesider's report... is it posted in another thread somewhere? Has anyone else tested one?

I see the website is dead (not a good sign), but the videos look promising.

BulBob
Fisher

Post by BulBob »

My web guru has been having troubles with the servers but it is back up.
I may need to find a new webmaster that uses better servers.

I'll tell you what I have found but if you don't believe it coming from the inventor you'll have to waite for linesider.

The very best quality of the BulletBobber (to me) is in small streams with pools and eddies. I like fishing small rivers. It takes little time to learn how to take advantage of the currents and continually cruise from one spot to anther and up and down along the sides of the currents main flow.
I have found that fish can be in the most unpredictable of places. Places you wouldn't waiste a cast on but since I have direction control I cruise everywhere.

The thing that has excited others the most is it's use for trolling shallow waters and getting closer to shore by zig zagging around structure. I am like most of the folks on this site and do not have a boat. I do have a canoe now that I really only use once a year for a 4 day canoe trip.

I know I have posted this picture a bunch of places but it is my son Jonathan with his first big Steelhead caught 2/27/2007. He caught it in the Chagring River in Ohio. He called me at work to tell me and was waiting when I got home to take his picture. Yes, I made him put it back on his line for the picture. He said it took him 20 minutes to catch it but it only took one cast. He siad the river was mostly frozen over but there was a large opening below the small dam with only one spot to reel it in. He caught it by working it along the edge of the fast current.

I can honestly say that all my experinces and the experiences of all others I have fished with showed that the BulletBobber provides big advantages over regular floats. It may not be perfect but there is nothing else that you can use to steer your bait or lure where you want it. It can reach places that are not reachable by any other means.

The only complaint I get is that the line must be threaded thru it before you tie on your lure. My only reply is that you will make up the lost time and then some by not needing to recast as often or at all.
Paul Lieb
www.bulletbobber.com

Spillway
Fisher

Re: I hope you like this BulletBobber

Post by Spillway »

Well if you read this link and made it this far you may want to watch my latest video.
It has crappy resolution but is a good compilation of video clips I have accumulated over the last 6 years, but is a year old already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Rc8z7h4gQM

Paul from BulletBobber Enterprises

Return to “Businesses and helpful Links that cater to our needs.”