ANGLERS BAIT & TACKLE

Please post Businesses that cater to us and are helpful in the area and Boatless Fishing related links here with a detailed title thanks.
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

ANGLERS BAIT & TACKLE

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

ANGLERS BAIT & TACKLE
230 E. Dania Beach blvd
Dania Beach, FL
(954) 925-9995

I have heard alot of good things about this shop so I called and asked about bait and stuff, I did not tell them why I really called until further into conversation, I must say they where Great answered all my questions with NO sighs, happy to help me.

I talked to a guy name Mike really Good guy.
They have as for Bait

Live Crab (if you need alot give them a call in advance and they will order some extra up so they can accommadate ya.
Live Shrimp 2.50 a Doz Great price PinFish
Fresh Ballyhoo
and are all typical frozen bait (mullet, Shrimp, etc)

Hour of Operation
Sunday to Wednesday 6am to 9pm
Thurs, Fri, Sat 6am to 10pm This is a winner

Go by and check them out tell'em Boatless Fisherman or the Boatlessfishing.com sent ya

Truly I get nothing from them this is just a striaght shooting operation.
Last edited by BoatlessFisherman on Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

jighead
Old Salt

Post by jighead »

10-4 BF, I have had same experience they are cool guys.

canes4lyfe3
Weekend Warrior

Post by canes4lyfe3 »

They are great guys and are very experienced....nothing but the best

xtheline
Old Salt

Post by xtheline »

have done business there for about a year now. its true, if you call ahead for live bait ie: dollar sized crabs, shrimp etc they will definately hold for you. they tell you where the bite is going on if they know and they share techniques. they have an experienced reel man for repairs or maintenance, only problem i think he only works two days a week. best of all, open 'till 10pm thu, fri & sat.. almost forgot ..you can bring your snook carcass there for the research girl!!!
xtheline

Gotcha
KING MACKEREL

Post by Gotcha »

No crabs

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Gotcha wrote:No crabs
as in Today ???? Becaue if they are out or you need more than they carry they will order extra if you call a few days in advance.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

xtheline
Old Salt

Post by xtheline »

gotcha, just curious are u fishin' local with the crabs or goin' to the keys? I only ask because they sell blue crabs, which are great for the keys, but I've heard calico's are much better for the local surf. If you already knew this from experience then please disregard.
Mostly I just call a day or two in advance if I can anticipate (not always possible) and they have always come thru. In addition they have offered to hand select on more than one occasion at no add'l charge.
xtheline

Gotcha
KING MACKEREL

Post by Gotcha »

Thanx I was looking for calico's but I see I have to get them on my own. I'm going to make a trap with my pier net.

CowboyJustin
Old Salt

Re: ANGLERS BAIT & TACKLE

Post by CowboyJustin »

I go to Anglers quite frequently, and very good people, Bill and Rick are top notch if you ask me. Very Knowledgable, and very helpful. Only thing I wish is they would get more fresh ballyhoo more often :scratch: :scratch:

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

BF, I stop there when ever going offshore to pick up ballyhoo, if its available he usually has fresh ballyhoo also.

The only knock on the shop is the not so easy in/out if you are towing a boat and the guy looses it if you park out front on the curb. Perhaps hes been yelled at by the cops way to many times.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

killula
KING MACKEREL

Post by killula »

Ive fished with the owner on the sea legs before and hes really helpful. They have good prices on tackle and will match BPS prices on thier reels. Lastly they do a excellent job servicing reels. I had a 14/0 serviced from them and it works flawlessly now.

Return to “Businesses and helpful Links that cater to our needs.”