2008 SBFG SHOREBOUND SHARK TOURNEY REPORTS

Info, Photos and leaderboard, Official threads for 2008
cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: 2008 SBFG SHOREBOUND SHARK TOURNEY REPORTS

Post by cudaman »

All pics will be under review.
This coming week I will be going through at all the pictures again making sure that there are no errors, duplicate entries, and that all the points are correct.
That loves to fish.

reelemin
KING MACKEREL

Post by reelemin »

dam boys thats a nice set of bulls not bad at all
http://barrettrods.com/

builder of high performance custom fishing rods

w8-N-c #1
Fisher

Post by w8-N-c #1 »

first of i want to make it clear to everyone and to rob762 that i do not talk trash .. i had nothing to to with benji and the running of his mouth... as for me im done with this subject... now on to what really matters. do we have the points to take 1st place? since the first string we put up we have had video of every shark that is 6 ft and every fish over 6... i dod the math . we are in the running :twisted: we slung up 49 sharks in the last 2 weeks... i hope it is what we need cause we could not have pulled any more . we ran r self into the growned the last 3 days... eatpop now for the last word from the bosses.. i guess we will all know next week

ps nice bulls black bart :dude:

maneater
Weekend Warrior

Post by maneater »

you know mike, being the original shark fisherman, is absolutely right...just ask him hell tell you.. :roll: and if ever fishing in port st lucie, jensen beach, ft pierce and stuart...just to keep the respect...before entering..call and get authorization from mike palmer and then have benji 2nd it...holey crap...got all these men acting like our bait girls age...and yet GIRLS...yes young unexpierenced to little expeirenced girls (that cant spell good)..brought in 2 of the biggest fish of this tourney..hell that some will ever catch...GIRLS KICK ASS!!!!.. all you guys just wait til my little girl starts reelin em in
great job to all teams!!!! hope next year there will be less complaining and more fishing!!! see you all at the bbq!!
people are sooo much cooler online!!!

budman
Seasoned Fisher

Post by budman »

Drove 60 miles south looking for warmer, cleaner water. We found the water, but still didn't find the fish. Caught 1 little blacktip right before packing it in.

We didn't get many fish this year, and caught no big fish, but we had a good time trying. Thank you guys for another great tourney, congrats to the winners, and hats off to the girls for a job well done. Bud
sponsored by: APAT Designer Services

TarponKing
Seasoned Fisher

Post by TarponKing »

This is my first post here in awhile but i just wanted to say congradulations to everyone being apart this tourney and catch and release shark fishing period...

As i sit back and check this forum everyday i see the arguing coming from people and i think its all just stupid.....Benji i think you just need to realize that theirs aHOLES outhere and people do messed up things to other people......trust me i know how that feels cause ive been trying to sell all my gear just so i can live....because of someone else who put me in a bad position...as i check the forum everyday it just makes me want to get out and fish more and more and more! BUT the thing is i cant now......i havent fished the beaches but 3 times this entire summer! I love fishing to death and now i dont care at all about these tourneys or anything like that i just want to fish have fun doing it.....I dont fish for respect or anything like that i fish cause i LOVE TO FISH thats something alot of people are forgetting ...the only reason there would be an arguement with someone fishing "MY" beach which actually are all "PUBLIC" beaches ....is if they were to be killing the sharks....but thats not where im going with this...the thing is you should be happy for what you have now ...and thats all fishermen period.

Not trying to start an argument or anything just saying...

Awesome tourney guys/gals..........lots of nice fish caught and maybe next year il have a team ready to have some fun with yall :cheers: :cheers:
Biggest fish of 09'

WhoDey
KING MACKEREL

Post by WhoDey »

Thank you to the Shorebound Fishing group LLC for putting this together, I know its not an easy thing to do.

This was the first tourney for our team, we didnt land a huge volume of sharks but we did gain a lot of knowledge, so I think next year will be a diffrent game. Bolo & Rory, you guys kick ass and are the best, thanks for putting in the time with me on this. They endured countless hours of travel, spent thousands of dollars in gear and tackle, and put up with my slow ass on the bridges and piers for the entire tourney, thank you!

Now I get to spend the next 40 days hanging out with my girlfriend and doing the things around the house that I have put off for over a month :(
Team Locked Drag
2009 Big Hammer Challenge Bridge champs
2009 ShoreBound Tourney Bridge & Pier champs
2008 ShoreBound Tourney Bridge & Pier champs

See us in action!

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

WhoDey wrote:Now I get to spend the next 40 days hanging out with my girlfriend and doing the things around the house that I have put off for over a month :(
You're not the only one brother. :D
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

NoBoat4Me

Post by NoBoat4Me »

Hey W8-n-c what happened to the two secret items supposed to be displayed in every picture, you have the tape, but no salute...am i the only one the recognized this? Out of the last 33 fish that you entered only 5 have the salute... :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

w8-N-c #1
Fisher

Post by w8-N-c #1 »

pete when we fishing
Last edited by w8-N-c #1 on Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

I dont know what the judges are going to do about that and honestly I dont care. But next year they might want to think about making it something you can do while holding the tape so we dont have to do stuff like this
I did it cause it was the rule. Cheap rain pants ripped when I was dragging the shark up the beach too, good thing I was wearing shorts under the rain pants or I wouldnt have been able to use the picture.
There is also a picture of Cudaman doing the same thing with a Nurse.
Last edited by JunoChris on Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ILSFA Member and Record Holder
Team Blackbart

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

That picture is classic. :lol:
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

sharkmn42
Old Salt

Post by sharkmn42 »

Yes Whodey!...many thanks do go out to the ShoreBound Group LLC/ Boatless Fishing.com for hosting the most intense tourney that ive been apart off. even tho it was shortened to 40 days this year, people dont understand that it when this thing starts, your life as you knew it ended....not only the many months perperation before hand, the finanical toll, jobs/ girlfriends/wifes even lives are at stake just for mere bragging rights......this is a life style for us, and for a few certian of us willing to risk all that , and that icludes everyone fishing this....were in a class of our own. so lets show a little class........

P.A (gio's) dream the 1st year gave us someting to lookforward everysummer......"the greatest show on Surf".....big Gus, herb, and tommy insured here on boatless that it would carry on and invole into what it has. the format may have changed year to year, but the level of the game has stepped up to a level of the highest ive seem, onec again ill say it....what we are willing to put our bodys thru, lifes and personal sacrifices truly shows we have the most Hardcore Landbased tourney around...and thats just one of the three tourneys of that calibier here on tommys Boatlessfishing fourm each and every year....

Tarponnking said something that im going to reword ...people do mess thing up for others, thats so true...even tho we fished our hardest and and tempers flair do to the nature of our desire to win....its just the end of another day. this last week three teams steped up and fished there butts off, it was the most exciting week of the tourney and it may have dramatic and unexpected outcome, its going to be pretty close the top three teams scores....we have three diffrent fishing styles jocking for 1st.....thats a first...let hope that it will be that way next year...so in closing....you top teams are very elite...try to act like the elite and this years winners...sea-ya, mike :wink:
Is it better to be feared or respected or is it two much to ask for both......

w8-N-c #1
Fisher

Post by w8-N-c #1 »

can we get something along the lins of this rather thn a tape with paint on it? it cuts your hands up and flops all over... and they thrash more wn the mettal comes neer their head.. seen on just about all are video's

both hands free... the last place i want to have my hands all wraped up is next to a shark.

one hand on the sharks tail to hold it str8 and the other on the rod to keep the head under controle... maybe next year something like this item again could be alot of help once its game time... it took at least 3 trys befor the shark would calm down and thats 2 more trys thn the shark needs to be out of the water... just my thoughts

sharkmn42
Old Salt

Post by sharkmn42 »

i thought that the salutre was in honor of the 4th of july weekend, to show patriotisim ....i could be wrong please correct me....but when when dealing with these fistey sharks like these smaller type sharks primarily spinners/blacktips that wear very abundant this summer it seems....you have to make a saftey call...both on land and in the water when hanlding them, larger tackle winches them in quicky and there green also sliding down a metal tape measure down by there senceiory by the eye, they will freak out and posibly tag ya on land, they have quicker reflexes than we do.....saftey is always first foremost...if there is a jugement call on this , well the angler is in harms way....

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

The spinners dont worry me, its the big 9ft Lemons that seem to be really nasty. They dont fight much until they hit the beach and then when you try to release them they do everything they can to bite you. You should see the video of one of our Lemons we got this week when Dave tried to drag it back in the water, nasty Shark for sure.
Team Blackbart

sharkmn42
Old Salt

Post by sharkmn42 »

lol... scary but funny stuff!...pete was fishing last year and had on orange ripped rain pants similair to the pic you posted above...in a flash they were ripped of by a lemon as well, lemons a pretty sqirmy sharks and snappy when beached very tempermental...tiger sharks just lay nice and pretty for ya, but bulls will play possum, and at a monments notice well try to get ya with pure athority on there behalf...bulls and small spinners i hate dealing with ...thank god i had zac!...lol...but handling any type sharks big or small handle with care.... thats why im usaly the picture taker!...lol...but chris you should always be worried, there always that one , and thats all it takes....

baitwetter
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by baitwetter »

Allright gang. That was an amazing tourney! You guys kicked arse and the girls kicked MORE arse!!! We will be reviewing every single entry and will be conferring with the judges regarding the issues that have arisen and will announce the final tournament outcome in the next few days.

I want to thank Cudaman for all his hard work during this years tourney. Everything he has done this year has been top notch. THANKS HERBERT!!!

We hope to see everyone of you at the awards ceremony/boatless BBQ on August 24th. Bring your family and friends for a fun day.

See you all next year for the 2009 Shorebound Shark Tourney!! :dude:
Sad to be sitting out this years Shorebound Shark Tourney due to work issues. Good luck to all that participate!!!

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Had a great time fishing the tourney, thanks to Herbert and everyone else for putting on a great thing. This was a bit of a trial and error thing for our team, but we got some good insight and are already making plans for next year. Hope to see and meet everyone at the BBQ. :toast:

TyatCapeSanBlas
Seasoned Fisher

Post by TyatCapeSanBlas »

I would be very proud to catch some of the sharks presented in this tourney, congrats to everyone who participated and had fun doing so. Great job Herbert on running this thing and working out all the details; looking forward to the next one.

sharkmn42
Old Salt

Post by sharkmn42 »

i had a question earlier on my 5:53 post yesterday...about the salute thing no one responded, so i dug back to the start of the tourney thread.....i think think i found my answer and some other one comented and qustioned it as well.......

"I know it is going to be REEL MAYHEM doing this the first week.

Hopefully you will have all members of your team fishing at once. You can have another team member do the salute. You can do it kneeling down as well, as long as it is a salute. I can imagine a lot of you will get creative with this part.

The salute was done for the 4th of July week.

To prevent sand bagging (holding entries to the last minute) we might change the hand sign to something that can be done while holding the tape.".......

theres the rules....you can see some people have had a hard time with this issue in the pics, having to hold the tail with one hand, and the tape in another one with another teammate using both hands to control a unruly fish.....well as not looking at the camera" but and should be keeping a eye on the current situation" at ...well, in hands....saftey comes to mind....and getting a crictial accurate measuement for the pic to post on the thread. what we dont see is the tuff time they are having in the video.....the secret item was cleary the two marks on the tape.....but the salute was done for the fourth of july weekend to prevent sand bagging before the tourney......as it states but they didnt figure in the degree of dificulty......that may have followed, a foot on a black tip to salute........he was having a tuff time guys and ripped his pants as well, as trying to control a shark with two fingers and a thumb by a tail ......very difficult as well.....on a bridge with a rod and reel as a requrement ...well yes....on you knees inches a way from the worlds top ocean apex preator....thats tuff......

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Mike, I have been out so I could not answer your questions. We were going to change it but we decided to leave the salute since we figured that a team of 4 people would not have a problem doing this. As you see on many pics there are 4 people in the pics, and we also allowed for them to have some one not on the team to take pics, so even a team of three could do it safely. This was meant to make the teams fish together, but some I guess decided to split or some just couldn't go fishing with the team.

Next year we will make changes again, as you know this has been a work in progress since it started, and we will continue to tune it, one tournament at a time.

To the rest of the participants, those that placed a shark on the board and those that tried or just entered the tournament for support my hat is off for you, great job and thanks for everything that you contributed ...

To those on the top teams, those waiting for the results on the bigges sharks, and for those that have sharks in question as well. Thank you for your patience I am working on it so it can be presented to the rest of the group and the judges..

To those that needed to resend the videos, all videos must be in at the adress below by the end of Saturday August 16th.

Shorebound Fishing Group
4520 SW 163 Path
Miami, FL 33185

Reminder 1: I am only human and cannot make all these decisions by myself, there are other judges and members of our group that will help with this so don't think that it will only be my decision.

Reminder 2: is for those that violated the rule below, there will be punishment.
11- COMPLAINTS & BEHAVIOR: : All Tourney participants are expected to express themselves and act in a mature manner. No bashing of other participant teams or members, judges, sponsors, or the board members will be allowed. In the case that you have a complaint, please submit it by IM, PM, or E-mail to the tourney board. You can express yourself in that manner. Remember the way you behave is how sponsors and the public will perceive this Tourney so please conduct yourself accordingly.
Thank you,

Herb...
That loves to fish.

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

The salute wasnt a big deal, out of 52 sharks that was the only time that one person had to do the tape, hold the fish, and do the salute by themselves. My wife took pretty much every picture we have from the tourney so that we could have more people free to handle the fish. I want to thank her for sitting through the bugs and sleepless nights.
Team Blackbart

homeschool

Post by homeschool »

I agree she was just as dedicated to this thing as the rest of our team

team fin addicts
Old Salt

Post by team fin addicts »

I would like to congratulate all the teams on a job well done... there were some once in a lifetime catches in the past 40+ days... fantastic job to all you guys and gals.

This was the team's first tourney.. even though we did not catch any qualifying sharks we did manage to have a lot of fun. We traveled to a lot of beaches and spent a lot of nights on the sand. We fished all but one weekend on the west coast so as not to "intrude" on anyone's "spot". We have a few "spots" of our own, however, they did not produce any sharks, other large fish, but not sharks. I look forward to the BBQ and meeting alot more of you guys face to face. It was a learning experience for us and we are already looking forward to the next tourney. Thank you Herb and Gus for a well run and planned tourney, I know it was a lot of work and I appreciate it very much. See you guys and gals in a couple of weeks.

Wayne :reeling:

stargazer
Weekend Warrior

Post by stargazer »

Good job , great job everyone . It was enjoyable just to watch the results of this tourney. Some massive fish landed , fish that 99.9% of people that fish the beach will never see . The east coast of Florida is a great shark fishing ground . I hope you guys and gals appreciate the paradise you live and fish in . To me , as young as this contest is , I thought it was a great success . Sure things can be improved but overall job well done .

Just a thought . Why not on the next round have everybody tag the fish they catch . I'm sure NOAA would be glad to supply all the tags needed . It would also be good research for the sharks .

Jeff

Team Shark Fever
Old Salt

Post by Team Shark Fever »

Congratulations to the organizers and the contestants alike,,,GREAT TOURNAMENT!!! Once again a great job on this tournament to a group of men that pionerd land based catch and release shark tournaments on the internet in the state of Florida.Florida has the premier beaches for shark fishing and this tourny has once again proven that a fact so we should be greatful for what we have here and learn to use the word SHARE,,,,,,,,,,,,,instead of "my spot","our beach"etc ,etc etc.Maybe i've been at this so long that my attitude has evolved with the years,maybe it,s the fact that i like to meet other shark fisherman and teach,learn and share the spots and best of all "SHARE" the good times.My whole identity is not wrapped up in shark fishing and on whether i win or lose a shark tournament,,,,there is so much more in giving of ourselves,rather then letting greed,envy,and jealousy rule our hearts.Because i may fish a spot that someone else showed me is not to disrespect rather a compliment to the person that showed me the spot.The best compliment you get is when people imitate you.Sorry Mike but i differ from you on this subject,,,,i respect every men and i invite people i just met to fish with me and take them to spots not only to catch sharks but offshore to wrecks to catch muttons,grouper,jewfish,kingfish ,,other points on a nautical chart that few may know where we get yelloweye snapper,tilefish,queen snapper ,etc,etc,etc.I get more satisfaction when people call me up and say "men that's a great spot we did great"that to me is passing along the love.There are alot of young guys that with time will mature and learn the concept of sharing,but meanwhile there stuck on whining and hoarding everything that comes into their lives.Some unfurnately will never learn the concept.Our team member and friend Julio is doing much better after open heart surgery,,,,,,,we're greatful that he is still alive to fish with us and share the memories of good times gone by.Again congratulations to all who put so much effort and hard work into this tournament,see you at THE 2009 BIG HAMMER CHALLENGE.

WhoDey
KING MACKEREL

Post by WhoDey »

Sometime around midnight on the last night of the tourney, Rory does his best Dan Marino and lets the leftover bait fly....

Team Locked Drag
2009 Big Hammer Challenge Bridge champs
2009 ShoreBound Tourney Bridge & Pier champs
2008 ShoreBound Tourney Bridge & Pier champs

See us in action!

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Hey, they're not called football bonita for no reason

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Looks like a Hail Mary pass. :D That how much I know about sports. Thanks Riccardo. :D
Last edited by bolo on Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

Return to “2008 SHOREBOUND SHARK TOURNEY”