Wicked Tuna is Back

Ask or Tell us Anything that is not about Fishing, this is the Off Topic Section for the light hearted things.
permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Wicked Tuna is Back

Post by permitchaser »

Love to watch Pinwheel getting in trouble :mrgreen: Also Hard Merchandise pissed off ,cursing :jester: Capt Marciano ..Blue fin season .

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Wicked Tuna is Back

Post by permitchaser »

Are you guys giving me silent treatment?What a bunch of losers :biglaugh:

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

yupp :biglaugh:
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Booo Hoooo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Season 5 now?

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Not sure if season 5 yet. I do love the show though... We should really try to at least record it on the DVR since we don't have enough fishing shows, not prime time like that. Fun to watch.

-Swordfish

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

hoping to see someone kick pinheads arse on the docks
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

@ sword I love it..

@krash I don't I think that's not real, but I mostly watch it because of him lol, he is a good fisherman too... and everyone hates him the Capt of Tuna.com said on the show yesterday ok im just going to ignore him :biglaugh: pin pushing bottoms .

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Never got the hype behind this show. Overhyped up dramatized cow poop with a fish caught each show on average. A bunch of fake drama that isn't needed to add excitement for the mindless masses . More of a soap opera with commercial fishing to me. Rather just have the straight fishing minus the fake drama.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

True , but some things are funny , like Capt Marciano braking things and cursing , his nephew says I just let em cool off ,it's like wrestling it's fake but ppl watch it.At least the fish they catch it's real ,I do like it.

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

I have to admit, it's semi-entertaining. Their fishing technique is straight up and hard to critique. But the show's producers encourage the captains and crews to just say stuff spontaneously, just to have something to say. Think about it; how much drama-filled conversation can you have just floating and waiting for a big "slob"? And the part I really laugh at is the Keystone Kops/Three Stooges part, when they finally get a fish on and they all start screaming and babbling at each other. The man on the rod and the guy at the helm verbally beat the hell out of each other. Who can forget great lines like, "We're on, we're on, we're on, we're on, we're on!" Or, "Reel, reel, reel, reel, reel, reel!" And even, "Get 'em, get 'em, get 'em, get 'em, get 'em!" Now THAT'S some tense drama and action. Yeah, I like it................with a couple of beers or maybe some of my rum. Your turn! :drunk:
Those other fish must be smart. We caught all the stupid ones!

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

WetWillie wrote:I have to admit, it's semi-entertaining. Their fishing technique is straight up and hard to critique. But the show's producers encourage the captains and crews to just say stuff spontaneously, just to have something to say. Think about it; how much drama-filled conversation can you have just floating and waiting for a big "slob"? And the part I really laugh at is the Keystone Kops/Three Stooges part, when they finally get a fish on and they all start screaming and babbling at each other. The man on the rod and the guy at the helm verbally beat the hell out of each other. Who can forget great lines like, "We're on, we're on, we're on, we're on, we're on!" Or, "Reel, reel, reel, reel, reel, reel!" And even, "Get 'em, get 'em, get 'em, get 'em, get 'em!" Now THAT'S some tense drama and action. Yeah, I like it................with a couple of beers or maybe some of my rum. Your turn! :drunk:

WWillie :toast: i love to watch Pinwheel saying OH ITS A SEA MONSTER , he could be a :elephant: sometimes... i didnt like the part where he push away his mate the surfer and he fell on the floor :rambo: ... everytime i see them rods bend its cool as fak :thumleft:

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Never really got into the show, but the Tuna.com boat (all black hull white lettering) was on the hard, 2 down from me last May. Englishadam got pics. New owner was fitting it with a rod rack/canopy, but they did a TON of work to that boat.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

crashmister wrote:Never really got into the show, but the Tuna.com boat (all black hull white lettering) was on the hard, 2 down from me last May. Englishadam got pics. New owner was fitting it with a rod rack/canopy, but they did a TON of work to that boat.

Yeah Pat , its one of the best looking boat in the show also a lot of space .

grouperking
Old Salt

Post by grouperking »

In my opinion I think that Pinwheel and Marciano are the best just because Tyler is a savage for destroying Tuna.com when he came in and Marciano because he sticks to the fishing even if doesn't get jack $hit.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Check this out boyz ...

A man featured on the reality television show “Wicked Tuna” has pleaded guilty to federal charges in Vermont he received government benefits while he was fishing on the show.

Fifty-year-old Paul Hebert, of Gloucester, Massachusetts, appeared Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Burlington where he pleaded guilty to charges of Social Security and Medicaid fraud.

ADVERTISING

Hebert was charged last summer with accepting more than $44,000 in Social Security and Medicaid benefits between 2010 and 2013.

Hebert agreed to pay more than $53,600 in restitution. Attorneys are recommending probation for four years. Sentencing is set for May.

Hebert’s attorney Paul Volk says the claims were due to injuries Hebert suffered before joining “Wicked Tuna” and Hebert failed to update his condition.

Hebert has been on “Wicked Tuna” since 2012.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

I'm not so sure you'd find much difference if you did background checks on many of the commercial fishing op's. between here and Key West.

Sure its sensationalized docu-drame reality TV and most of the time is on the cutting room floor you just don;t land a 500 pound Bluefin in an hour long show.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Square Grouper? :biglaugh:

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Love the show. Common' its friggin TV. Nothing on TV is real including the news and only morons believe otherwise. My life in Florida was fishing Dania until sunset and then watching Wicked to see fish. My favorite was the lunatic with the birthmark on his face that fishes giant tuna alone and kicked the Pinheads ass on the dock. Reminds me of solitary Rare.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Kingofthesea wrote:Love the show. Common' its friggin TV. Nothing on TV is real including the news and only morons believe otherwise. My life in Florida was fishing Dania until sunset and then watching Wicked to see fish. My favorite was the lunatic with the birthmark on his face that fishes giant tuna alone and kicked the Pinheads ass on the dock. Reminds me of solitary Rare.

KOTS :biglaugh: Its pinwheel not pinhead ,you always make laugh :toast: you should come back to Florida . :thumright:

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

fishnfool73 wrote:Never got the hype behind this show. Overhyped up dramatized cow poop with a fish caught each show on average. A bunch of fake drama that isn't needed to add excitement for the mindless masses . More of a soap opera with commercial fishing to me. Rather just have the straight fishing minus the fake drama.
Agree with you, but considering they don't really make much content for us I'll take it. I agree with Permitchaser too, just watching Marciano and his log mate is good enough. Beats the living hell out of every other reality show out there, other than maybe deadliest catch. There is a magic to deadliest catch though, no idea how but at times when watching you can picture yourself there.

In any case, there ARE more productive ways to spend our time, but when in Rome :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

-Swordfish

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

swordfish wrote:
fishnfool73 wrote:Never got the hype behind this show. Overhyped up dramatized cow poop with a fish caught each show on average. A bunch of fake drama that isn't needed to add excitement for the mindless masses . More of a soap opera with commercial fishing to me. Rather just have the straight fishing minus the fake drama.
Agree with you, but considering they don't really make much content for us I'll take it. I agree with Permitchaser too, just watching Marciano and his log mate is good enough. Beats the living hell out of every other reality show out there, other than maybe deadliest catch. There is a magic to deadliest catch though, no idea how but at times when watching you can picture yourself there.

In any case, there ARE more productive ways to spend our time, but when in Rome :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

-Swordfish
Juan :biglaugh: when Marciano gets pissed off all you hear is bip bip bip@#$%$#A$% :biglaugh: he's been having a bad luck streak ,i saw clips of the show where his boat sank also he hit something while moving at night ,dont know if is real or not ,but it keep me on the edge of my seat watching this ,i do love this show better than watching zombies walking dead? forgot the name of that crap :biglaugh:

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

One problem I have with this show is bluefin are critically endangered. With the Macondo well blowout, one of 2 known breeding grounds, the Gulf of Mexico, has been all but destroyed.

Not sure the viewing audience really gets it. These aren't yellow fin which reproduce fairly quickly. Blues are slow growing with very limited reproduction mostly due to a lack of reproductive size fish. Every time they kill another, they increase that margin. I'm just hoping they all go bankrupt before blues disappear completely. Shows bogus, the damage however is very real.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

the part that boat sank... i did not enjoy hopefully they didnt leave there tackle there :shock:

Return to “Off Topic Lounge "light hearted"”