Thanks!

Ask or Tell us Anything that is not about Fishing, this is the Off Topic Section for the light hearted things.
swordfish
SHARKER

Thanks!

Post by swordfish »

Howdy fellow fishermen,

Just wanted to take the time to do something that we rarely do anymore. Tommy, AKA Boatless himself, it has been 9 years now since I found the site and took a trip out to CH 2 with you and Roofer. I look back and remember truly fond memories that were made then and throughout the years following that experience. You were caring and took me in without knowing anything about me and turned me into a decent fisherman who respects and protects our resources every chance I get.

Now I truly take pleasure in paying that forward by putting people on their first fish in one shape or another all in the spirit of the kindness you showed me!

In any case, it has been a while and while the forum has evolved in one shape or another, one thing remains the same and steadfast and that is you! Instagram and Facebook have made it so easy to post content that I am guilty of rarely posting on here anymore, and truly the only reason is that I must upload pics / etc rather then just a few swipes and a tap. Regardless, I will make a conscious effort to post more regularly and be overall more active!

Tommy, thanks always bud! May we fish again very soon!

-Swordfish

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Thanks!

Post by Kingofthesea »

:thumright: you are such a class act young man plus you put your money where your mouth is regarding "paying it forward" with our other members. Nice move with FF's bride and her first snook. I would do anything to have that S.O.B. in my debt. :auto: More important......any Boatless member that wants to catch snook, and catch a lot of snook tossing a hawk just PM the Swordfish. He's always more than willing to teach how it's done with a hawk and has absolutely been killing them every day this season.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Thanks Juan
I am so proud of this site for all the people we have Help again WE as in all of us, you should feel Great.
I can't tell you how many people I meet each month that say Thanks for this site and the information we have collected here and it is equally cause of you, I just started it and all of you have helped to carry it to Here, Thank you Juan and all that do things in the name of A Boatless Fisherman and that is why we are are different breed of fisherman. :toast: :toast: :toast:
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Kingofthesea wrote::thumright: you are such a class act young man plus you put your money where your mouth is regarding "paying it forward" with our other members. Nice move with FF's bride and her first snook. I would do anything to have that S.O.B. in my debt. :auto: More important......any Boatless member that wants to catch snook, and catch a lot of snook tossing a hawk just PM the Swordfish. He's always more than willing to teach how it's done with a hawk and has absolutely been killing them every day this season.
KOTS :eye: :eye: :lol: :lol: You are funny bud! Psst, I am catching them on absolutely EVERYTHING, year round!

I still have not gotten my big bridge permit Tommy, I will target them soon and want nothing but research on the website to guide me. I went back and read my first posts ever, haha what a GOOG! It is very interesting to be able to see yourself evolve through the years...

This forum is truly a treasure chest full of gold and silver... Complete with "sour pirates" to "guard" it. All part of it's very unique flavor.

I have noticed something of a phenomenon... Most of the guys who transition from being boat less to having a boat (I have seen a few, some real good friends of mine) and had a cult following in social media before have lost it after the fact.

There is just something people like about someone who can consistently catch fish within the confines and restrictions that land at times imposes. Just food for thought. May OUR site continue to grow and serve as a catalog for those forward looking enough to use it as reference... I guarantee you that if you were to scour through and carefully dissect the information available then turn around and apply it you will catch fish! No going around it...

All I ask anyone and everyone that I ever teach anything to is respect and follow the rules, they are there so that the future generations can enjoy what is essentially all of ours!

Also remember "children" do NOT assume... for in doing So you make an ASS / U / ME! /rant

-Swordfish

Return to “Off Topic Lounge "light hearted"”