crowder e series......need advice guys!

Ask or Tell us Anything that is not about Fishing, this is the Off Topic Section for the light hearted things.
Moose
KING MACKEREL

crowder e series......need advice guys!

Post by Moose »

so im thinking about making a trade for a crowder e series est7040 spinning rod.....

here's my apprehension.....its a spinning trolling rod...or at least thats what they market it as

i know crowder makes some very reliable and nice rods....but i will be using this rod mainly for snook/tarpon on land and as a heavier pitch spinner outfit on the boat

has anyone ever used one of these? i'm gonna trade my battle II 3000 for it because i simply dont need it...rod retails for about the same as the reel new...

please lmk guys...of if anyone has something better suited they wanna part ways with im open to that too

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Re: crowder e series......need advice guys!

Post by baseball4life702 »

Never used one but it doesn't look like anything is different than a normal spinning rod. I think they are marketing you the gimbal butt so you can put it in a holder for trolling and a long Eva handle. Is the rod new? I think the battle is worth a bit less than the rod the battle retails for $90-100 and th rod goes from like $130-160 so you might be getting good deal if its nice condition. I never troll with spinners but I just don't see how it could be specifically for that unless it had rollers lol

anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anas473 »

I have a Croweder ESF712 12-20. For a 12-20 rod its pretty stout, certainly more stout than the star rods or shimano rods I have that are closely rated. That being said it would be great for a pitch rod, boat or shore, but I prefer a softer tip so when I sling live baits I can properly load the road without damaging or throwing off the bait.

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

I had one lt was solid. For me It was heavy I sold it and got a paraflex

anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anas473 »

X2 on the jigging rods. The tips are soft enough to load properly if I want to cast live baits and give action to lures, and the back bone is strong enough for the larger inshore species. My go to inshore rod is a trevala.

Return to “Off Topic Lounge "light hearted"”