Heavy-duty Rod holders.

Ask or Tell us Anything that is not about Fishing, this is the Off Topic Section for the light hearted things.
kblue
SHARKER

Heavy-duty Rod holders.

Post by kblue »

Today, as soon as I saw this on a vessel at port of Miami, I said "wow, that's really good-looking rod holders" so I took a picture in courtesy of actual engineer who built this and who also allowed me to post the picture on BL forum.

Isn't this great rod holders or what? Tell me your wild guess what this is... eatpop
20140920_105256.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Re: Heavy-duty Rod holders.

Post by tears143 »

Can it hold rods + reel on every single one? or the reel is going to block the slots next to it. It does look really nice!

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Those screws at the top of each tube are the key. I can't tell if they go all the way through or are used to tighten down and hold something in place. Spaced too close together to be rod holders IMO
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Good observations...

I found these nice rod holders on top deck space of Cruise ship called NCL Getaway while I was working on something else...
Two guys were working on the rod holders.

As soon as I saw this, I yelled " wow, that's really good looking rod holders !!! " and they smiled.
And later, I asked "so what it is"?
One of guys said " fire work rocket launcher..."
The other guy explained a computer program controls ignition sequence to create firework calligraphy with outdoor screen...
Fireworks with electric starter plugged into rod holders and the wires go into red and black lugs on picture.

I asked the guy if I could take a picture. He said "why". I told him "I want to show new rod holders I found to my fishing forum".
He said" no problem" :jester: :jester: :jester:

Return to “Off Topic Lounge "light hearted"”