Pompano Pier Fishing Reports 2008 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
dan
Weekend Warrior

Post by dan »

what have you guys been catching at night

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

C.J. wrote:meh still no bait around..i need to stock my freezer soon
DFP bait has been scarce there as well...only bally's with chum-bag really.... & very few gogs at sunup. Inlets mad-loaded with Pilch's though :wink:
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snakehead terror »

Sharkman954 wrote:There been more and more snook showing thats for sure!Once the biat show up, its on!
I cant wait :D
BEAST
snapperkiller

Swordslayer71
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Swordslayer71 »

NICK123 wrote:shark or giant cuda because their are giant cudas
Everyone said it was a medium size tan colored shark.....no idea, I didn't actually see it but thats what they said, and i think the tan kind of rules out a cuda
Hold Fast

NICK123
KING MACKEREL

Post by NICK123 »

ok

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kngfshman »

Any reports?
GET THE GAFF!!!

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

Sharkman954 wrote:macks, runners. Lots of bait starting to show up.The snook are here but not enough bait.Some tarpon at night and some keeper muttons and some nice size yellow tail
nice report.
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kngfshman »

Looks like I got to get out there this weekend.
GET THE GAFF!!!

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

sunday or monday :D
BEAST
snapperkiller

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kngfshman »

Noah, lets go Monday
GET THE GAFF!!!

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kngfshman »

Does anyone know if the livewells are on?
GET THE GAFF!!!

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

i really hopethe charging cuts down on the people.
BEAST
snapperkiller

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kngfshman »

Sharkman954 wrote:the livewells and they should be on shortly! :twisted:
:cheers:
GET THE GAFF!!!

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

snapperkiller wrote:i really hopethe charging cuts down on the people.
Is it as crowded as DFP on the weekends?

This is by far my favorite Snapper Pier !!!

Take a few pics if you go pls - Want to see what it is lookng like these days........
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kngfshman »

Just got back. Micro Pilchards and Dines for bait. Some Gogs and baby Runners too. Saw some Tarpon rolling and some Snook cruising. Not one Mack or snapper :evil:
GET THE GAFF!!!

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Sharkman954 wrote:Not too many people on the weekends.

On friday and saturday there was a good amount of shrimp both days.Some snook poping them too.Also there is some bait, not a whole lot but....soon :twisted:
Robbie, what is the railing like? Is it like Deerfield where a kid could not fit through or like Anglins where a kid could fall in if they tried?

Also is this a place I could park out with the little ones a few hours away from the T, or is it all "scumbagged out". I have heard some mixed reviews about the place, but I know you still go there and I have not been in a while.....
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

Definitely "scumbagged out". The drunks can really try your patience. As for the railings, not sure. But on a brighter note, I did get two keeper snook there in the last two months. :D

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

BEOWULF wrote:Definitely "scumbagged out". The drunks can really try your patience. As for the railings, not sure. But on a brighter note, I did get two keeper snook there in the last two months. :D
TY.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Sharkman954 wrote: Define" scummbagged" out to me

Hard to put into terms, but you'd know it if you felt it.....Maybe I'll just bop by and get a feel....has been far to long since I have been there anyway....Good news on the rails !
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

Like Sharkman954 said, the drinking and drugs are mostly at night. I doubt you'll be taking the kids then.

:lol:

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

BEOWULF wrote:Like Sharkman954 said, the drinking and drugs are mostly at night. I doubt you'll be taking the kids then.

:lol:
I have a few when I night fish as well.I see nothing wrong with doing so so long as you do not get outta hand...Was really just wondering if folks there tended to be behaved or like to act a fool....
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Sharkman954 wrote:If thats what your asking 99/5 % of the people that fish or come on the pier are cool.But if we get the "wrong doing "crowd" something will be said.When ya going to go out their Anthony.?
Not sure really to be honest - Might go Saturday while the wife is taking a test....I'll holla if I do ! Thanks for th info, Iknew you'd know....Sounds like most any pier really.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

TAILTEASIN
Seasoned Fisher

Post by TAILTEASIN »

Robbie any of my friend in the surf? :lol:
WHEN THE SEAS GET ROUGH GET ROUGH WITH IT!!!

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Robbie, can you ask around or tell me if the pilchards have been consistant at night? I am making a yak trip saturday and might possible load up a doz or 2 so I do not need to worry about it at the Lake Worth Launch Site...I hate to head south to go N if they are not pretty consistant.
Thanks Bro...
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

BRunner346
"WE RUN IT"

Post by BRunner346 »

Sharkman954 wrote:hit the pier thursday moring..

I get up a lil late an had to pay for parking....ahh ok

So i stop at the surf and talk to SGT. Bob.I asked him for a bait, and he gave it to me as my graduation from high school present lol.So i pitch the bait and thump.I set up and get a 34-36 inch snook on my spheros.I beached it and released her.

A lil latter about 1 hour later its pouring raining and i'm just fishin.The rain is freezing cold too.I see a few yellowtails in the surf and i lose two trying to flip them on my spheros.They were both 6-10 lbs. keep in mind i still didn't change my leader..

So after a while of rain, i head to the hut to dry off a lil bit.... :roll: i'm already soaked.I head down the the surf again and fish for some yellowtails but on the way down i noticed some real nice poons .Prob rally 120-130 size.I pitch a bunch of baits and nothing.After a while i pitched a bait and the big one ate it.So i fight this fish on my spheros for almost 1 hour in the rain.I hooked it on the south side and after 40 minutes i'm on the south side on the surf.Its raining the whole time.The poon is on the waves on the beach so i hopped off the pier and had the rod passed off to me.I crank and she just keeps taking off after 15 more mintues i lost her.I had within 4 ft of me and i could grab.... :twisted:

Good signs too come!
nice job robbie. those are some big YT!

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Sweet !! Wounds like a great AM

AND ...

Congrats on the graduation bro !!! :toast:
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

TAILTEASIN
Seasoned Fisher

Post by TAILTEASIN »

:twisted: I new they were still there robbie.
WHEN THE SEAS GET ROUGH GET ROUGH WITH IT!!!

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Fishing Pompano Sunday Morning!

Post by WetWillie »

Got there around 7 a.m. and the word for the day is "slow". We jigged up some baits, mostly silversides, a few greenies and a few small gogs. Saw some small snook and a few jacks. There was ONE lone mullet, about two pounds, that circled a dead skate near the surf all day on the north side. The tee was dead all day. A pretty good size bull shark cruised through, but didn't even wave goodbye. We ended up catching about 15 houndfish, so I could freeze them and feed them to my English Bulldogs. They're on a raw diet and fish is like sushi to them. And yes, I cut the heads off. Somebody got into Cody and Joe's utility room at their house and stole a bunch of their equipment and that really pissed us off. It had to be a neighborhood job because somebody knew where the stuff was and what time things would be quiet. Maybe next week'll be better. Out.
Those other fish must be smart. We caught all the stupid ones!

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Re: Pompano Pier Fishing Reports 2008 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by kngfshman »

Just got back. Fished from 10:30 until 7. Pilchards and small Gogs for bait. Some dork jacks if you could catch them. I went 0-2 on Snook and I hooked a nice 85-90 pound Tarpon that gave me a nice 7-8 minute fight until it frayed through the leader. Due to the fact that it was on my little spinner with 10lb mono on it I couldn't do much. I just watched it give me a few nice jumps and that was it. Noah also fought an 80-90 pound Tarpon for a while and we basically got him straight up and down until it frayed the leader. We also got a few jumps out of him too. Some Macks were around as well and some Runners were there too. Pretty slow day
GET THE GAFF!!!

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Pompano Pier Fishing Reports 2008 "ONLY REPORTS"

Me and jason got to pompano at around 7. Jason got cut by a nice cero right off the bat, they were everywhere but not eating. then we moved to the surf. I got a ok snook on a tiny freelined gog.
Jason beached it and revived it because we didnt have a net and it swam away healthy. The guy behind me was a lifeguard that got mad at us for beaching fish. :roll:
I ended up going 1/3 on snook, and jason went 0/2. We where going to stay longer to play with some poons, but we had to leave due to an unfortunate incident involving 10 pier rats, floorboards, big fish, and 2 cops. :roll:
BEAST
snapperkiller

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”