Deerfield Pier Fishing Reports 2008 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
bolo
USER BANNED

Re: Deerfield Pier Fishing Reports 2008 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by bolo »

Thank you Hoser for your report.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

Ok, so what's happening here is that y'all are realizing that advertising it when fish are being caught only leads to the piers getting over-crowded, right? Either that or nothing's actually being caught. Hmm. eatpop

DeezNuts
Seasoned Fisher

Post by DeezNuts »

I have a hard time believing members of bf are the ones overcrowding the t with 1oz pyramids and 1 lb gog trollys. Or the infamous elastic/metal chicken rig squid combo.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Gotcha wrote:COOKING I MISS YOUR REPORTS
I am taking a reporting hiatus effective immediately, sorry. I have alot goin on, so fishing time is greatly redued.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by fishandchicks »

i snaged a chicken rig while snapper fishing once there and it had a spark plug as the weight

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

fishandchicks wrote:i snaged a chicken rig while snapper fishing once there and it had a spark plug as the weight
:uplol:

gotants?
Old Salt

Post by gotants? »

fishandchicks wrote:i snaged a chicken rig while snapper fishing once there and it had a spark plug as the weight
HEY!!!! That was my favorite rig and I want it back!!!

btw, it was a Champion spark plug, right?
:mrgreen:
Fishing is ZEN

Catching is incidental

The sea, my church

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

The Lake Worth crew has not really been to DFP in numbers or regularity. Though some folks do venture south...

What is happening is all the Miami, S of the border lowlife CRAP is showing up in greater #'s and ya, overall the word out is that there are Big Fish to be caught here. Now throw in the Bwu wunna cwowd that cannot cast a friggin straight line and all insist on being at the T and refusing to use cutting boards or trash cans and I start to get a lil fired up....and usually I'm a fairly soft spoken guy.

Not necessarily from Boatless alone, but the word is out and the pier is more crowded as a result. That is indeniable to anyone that fishes here regularly.

The fishing here has not changed or gotten better there are just far more people living in this county and fishing pressure EVERYWHERE has increased. I hope they raise the cost to fish even higher than Anglins so I can fish in peace again !

I can handle 'Crowded' if folks that do the crowding are cognizent of what it takes to SECURE a trolley rigged line properly...Too often I see folks using barrel sinkers .... :scold: They are imitating and not asking or taking advice - as MANY seasoned vets here do, myself included - because it benefits the entire pier when all the lines are in synch....

None of us were born good at this - we had to learn, be taught and ask questions, so remember to be easy on the googans when teaching them, unless they ignore you , flip you off or curse at you, then just tossem over...fook em. :jocolor:

Unless you are using 8 oz pyramids in all but the DEADEST of current ( and then trolleying is a waste of time, anyway you should be bottom fishing.... ) you are going to be causing major issues with the larger baits you catch to use here and are trying to secure. Sometimes 6 oz works W lighter than 30# line, but again, you are adjusting to the lighter diameter line causing less drag in the current AND you cannot use a 10 inch gog or runner ...

Last week I could not get an 8 oz to stick in the sand with NO trolley on it - no matter how far upcurrent I casted, it still went drifted perpandicualar, then parellell to the pier T- Drag on the 30# line also helped it along. THAT was the day Derek almost went for a swim........Yes that happens alot here, be prepared for some major current days or just move off the T and fish differently that day...

Yes, there is some physics involved, but this is not rocket science, fellas.

Not sure if this goes here, as it is DFP related but not a report, so mods feel free to reappropriate this rant as necessary. :mad:
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Great idea Rick, what I did is I went home drilled and hole through both sides of 3 8 oz ers and and pounded 2 HUGE galvanized nail through each - then hacksawed the head off to solve that issue going forward...
The point was that sometimes the current is bad there, but if you see that you are not prepared to fish it from the T with the proper way to secure your bait to the bottom- then step aside and do not screw it up for everyone......You can still fish under the T or on the reefline with great results.....
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by fishandchicks »

unless kingfishnstys is playing a joke, omally got a 55 inch sail today and released it. 8)

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

fishandchicks wrote:unless kingfishnstys is playing a joke, omally got a 55 inch sail today and released it. 8)

Thanks for the report !
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

DeezNuts
Seasoned Fisher

Post by DeezNuts »

Didn't see the sail either but that was the word around the pier when i got there today. Kings were out and about skyrocketing a little ways off. Couple a macs. Pier croud wasn't too bad but when I was leaving a "mariachi band" set up shop with a sh!t ton of spinners casting every which way off the t

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

DeezNuts wrote:but when I was leaving a "mariachi band" set up shop with a sh!t ton of spinners casting every which way off the t
That is a shame.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

bbegovic1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bbegovic1 »

How is the bait situation at the pier? I'm planning to come tomorrow and want to know whats going on.

Anyways, I don't think anybody would mind paying a little more money to fish. They really should take the considerations that you all posted and start to enforce them.... :salut:

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by fishandchicks »

bait was pretty hard to come by today while i was there but as i was leaving the gogs started bugging better so idk. the baits at night were really easy to get with #3 red biks in the light (BIG gogs, and good sized pilchreds). lots of lil kings through the night and into the morning. a guy got a 30 inch cobe on a trollied squid right before i left. a few macks here and there.

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

good report.

bbegovic1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bbegovic1 »

Thanks for the report :D

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

bbegovic1 wrote:How is the bait situation at the pier? I'm planning to come tomorrow and want to know whats going on.

Anyways, I don't think anybody would mind paying a little more money to fish. They really should take the considerations that you all posted and start to enforce them.... :salut:
Bait was very difficult. The pier was not crowded at all today, perhaps due to the fewer "reports" lately. As for paying more YES I WOULD MIND! I stopped going to Anglins because of it and I am a decent respectful fisherman. It would be a shame to see other piers go the same route.

IMHO, announcing it to the world every time you catch a fish is what makes it more crowded!

Mookie

Post by Mookie »

I have recently started fishing the pier and dont mind paying the extra for the upkeep of the pier. I have attempted to fish the crowded "T" but refuse to put up with the crowd and the rudeness of the fishermen there. Again I enjoy fishing the pier and will continue to do so , just wont got to the "T".

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

pier-afficionado wrote:Being a respectable fisherman you can not sit there and tell me you really enjoy fishing the overcrowded T at Deerfield. If the monies went to keep the pier running better, cleaner, adding stuff like baitwells etc..... why not. That is what makes Anglins one of the more pleasurable piers to fish, the fact that it is not overcrowded usually, and the higher fee keeps alot of the rif raf away. Granted it may not be the most productive pier, but there is fish there to be caught, but it is definetly my go to pier when I want to fish and relax vs hustle and fish.
:stupid:

I'd gladly pay triple to get anglins at deerfield
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

pier-afficionado wrote:Being a respectable fisherman you can not sit there and tell me you really enjoy fishing the overcrowded T at Deerfield. If the monies went to keep the pier running better, cleaner, adding stuff like baitwells etc..... why not. That is what makes Anglins one of the more pleasurable piers to fish, the fact that it is not overcrowded usually, and the higher fee keeps alot of the rif raf away. Granted it may not be the most productive pier, but there is fish there to be caught, but it is definetly my go to pier when I want to fish and relax vs hustle and fish.
I agree 100%. :D

hoser
Weekend Warrior

Post by hoser »

BEOWULF wrote:
bbegovic1 wrote:How is the bait situation at the pier? I'm planning to come tomorrow and want to know whats going on.

Bait was very difficult. The pier was not crowded at all today, perhaps due to the fewer "reports" lately. As for paying more YES I WOULD MIND! I stopped going to Anglins because of it and I am a decent respectful fisherman. It would be a shame to see other piers go the same route.

IMHO, announcing it to the world every time you catch a fish is what makes it more crowded!

Meant to post a report for Friday Dec. 19th. I personally didn't get anything, but I saw a couple kings come up, and some jacks and a couple of blue fish. Bait was hard to come by that day. Hey Beowulf, it was cool meeting you that day.

-Hoser

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snakehead terror »

So two epic things happened today. The first one I will let connor tell 8) . Then tj hooked up on his avet lx on a trollied gog. It took him out to the end of his spool on locked drag. After like 45 minutes he gets in like a 200 lb ray, the biggest one I have ever seen by far. Then we see a cobe on it, and all of a sudden there are like 20 cobes. Out of the insanity I got this one on my spinfisher. No mesurement on this one.
classic bad fish holding face :roll:
I also got 2 grovers and a beast runner on a push button rod :mrgreen:
BEAST
snapperkiller

Gotcha
KING MACKEREL

Post by Gotcha »

what did it eat?

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

P.A., the T is good for Kingfish and crowds, neither of which are worth the trouble to me. I do quite well with better eating species away from the lunacy. I can't believe some of you guys are actually encouraging a price hike. These are already tough times for many, where does it end?

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

hoser wrote: Hey Beowulf, it was cool meeting you that day. -Hoser
Hey, ditto Hoser.

I have a freezer full of beautiful AJ fillets from Friday, all caught away from the T btw.

8)

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snakehead terror »

Gotcha wrote:what did it eat?
2oz white spro
BEAST
snapperkiller

DeezNuts
Seasoned Fisher

Post by DeezNuts »

Yeah an overcrowded T can be no one for anybody, but I don't know if a price hike would fix it. I did not notice a difference when deerfield did there last price hike and now more people than ever fish the T. All i can say is I can't wait for Lake worth to open, god willing it won't be so damned crowded.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Nice Cobia SnapperKiller. :thumright:

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”