Jetty Park "fishing Reports" 2012

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Jetty Park "fishing Reports" 2012

Post by fixed80 »

jettypark28 wrote:Again Great job and alway remember there are no fish at Jettypark :tongue:
hes right. there are no fish at jetty park. not even a pinfish. :biglaugh:

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Nice catch. Sure looks cold there

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

Tuftsfisherman
Weekend Warrior

Post by Tuftsfisherman »

jettypark28 wrote:First off GREAT JOB :toast: and pssssssssssss there are bigger ones out there :mrgreen:
Redfish arent picky about what they eat, but if you want to snag on to a huge one
put out a Huge live bait and leave it alone..

Oh yea ribbonfish are now at SI so please tell all your friends and they get to
5ft down there :mrgreen:

Again Great job and alway remember there are no fish at Jettypark :tongue:

Rly? 5 foot ribbonfish at SI? I'm packing my gear and heading there now! wait..... you're just messing with me... damnit :x

Well, I'm gonna do some surf fishing this weekend at SI regardless, hope we get something worth writing about too.

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Fished the park for an hour this afternoon. The mullet are not out during the day so do not depend on them for bait :mad: ... Fished some artificials but not much luck. I did catch a speckled trout on the beach? This is pretty unusual i think... The water is cold in case you guys plan on wade fishing. I also stopped at the river on my way there to try my luck at fly fishing. I purchased my first combo recently and i caught my first fish on fly ever. It was another small trout, but it was still a fish... The water was dirty but calm, and the mullet are out there at night so hopefully next week i do a little better! Good luck!!

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Skunked again :cry: on both high tides saturday. Waters pretty clean n calm. Quite a few pods of mullet came in with the night high tide

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Same thing happened to me last weekend, so i didn't think it was worth posting. Yesterday and today i fished around Titusville. Lots of trout action on the flats, and the whiting are pretty thick on the beach around playalinda, but the pompano are still small. Weather was awesome though and there is a lot of bait being worked a couple hundred yards offshore. I will probably hit up jetty-park next weekend Sunday weather/tide dependent... Hopefully the fishing will be better.

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Opiato- if you are still looking into getting a kayak they have a nice looking one at sports authority for 250 on sale, plus they have a 20% off so that is a pretty nice deal. Lemme know if/when you get a kayak, because i have a couple of spots that should start producing keeper trout by the end of the month...

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

is it a sit on top kayak? Thats the style im lookin to buy. Might be able to make it happen after the dust settles from the holidays. Thanks for lookin out.
Yeah the parks been pretty slow for me lately. That last trip was shameful. Hope u have some better luck.

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

yeah, it is the sit on top lifetime kayak. The weather over the weekend was awesome though and i hope it is like that this upcoming weekend too...

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

:scratch: awesome weather? I got rained on twice. I dunno why, but I dont do very good on rainy days. I know jp28 has said different, but I just dont get many bites durin a rainy day.
Ive checked that kayak out on walmarts site before. The price is right, but it didnt do too well with reviews. Still considering it though for the price, but again, thanks for lookin out.

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Yeah, keep looking and you will get a nice one. On Saturday and Sunday I was at playalinda and the weather was nice. Cool, with a light breeze and no rain. Shows how a little distance can greatly impact the weather... If you are planning on mostly Yakking out shark baits get an ocean kayak.. At jetty park usually when it rains I find the snapper start biting, and inshore I find the same thing for trout... Are the ribbon fisherman still there?

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

:cheers: nope! I think theyre done....hopefully anyway. There wasnt alota ppl out there at all last wknd.
....and yes an ocean yak is exactly what I had in mind. Fixed80 suggested a nice one that got awesome reviews. Pretty pricey, but at least ill be happy with the product.

juvinious
Fisher

Post by juvinious »

New to the forum, great stuff here. I'm here in cocoa beach, just got here today, vacationing with the family. Took a stroll down the beach and the wind and chop is too much for my setup. Going to hit up the surf in the a.m. to see if its better. Though I'm wondering if I should try my luck out at jetty park sometime? I'll be here till thursday next week.

- Miguel

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Those are some awesome suggestions! Also if you want you can drive to the Indian river or the banana river and fish there, and there are some really nice protected spots to fish...

juvinious
Fisher

Post by juvinious »

Thanks for the suggestions, I went out this morning and drove around those areas to get familiar with the place. I'll probably go tomorrow morning and/or sunday. I intend to checkout the indian/banana rivers before I leave. I also stopped by w. Cocoa beach causeway and tossed a spoon and plug out there to see if anything was taking. Nothing. Anyhow I'll let you know how it goes when I fish jetty park. Thanks again.

-Miguel

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Good luck and let us know how you do!

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

nothing happening out there recently?

juvinious
Fisher

Post by juvinious »

Well I never made it out to jetty park. I did however wander around the causeway and hit up the rivers in the am's, but only managed a tiny trout on doa shrimp. I just left, back in hollywood, but man brevard is heaven for fishing it was fun. I definitely intend to go back next year, hopefully for longer.

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Been tryin to get out there, but plans keep fallin through :cry: hopefully ill have some good news to report soon

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Got to fish 2hrs before and after the high tide at night. Calm and fairly clear. Lot of needlefish and mullet in the water. Bait was finger mullet and shrimp. Got what looked like a nice sized black drum on a shrimp, but he wrapped me around the rocks before I could get him outa the water. Later, got a small blue fish on cut finger mullet cast way out. That's all.
Just when I thought I was figuring this place out, winter comes :mad:

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Thanks for the report. basically the same report as mine from last weekend minus the black drum lol.... I get what you mean about fishing in winter at the park. I usually start my pompano fishing around this time, but for some reason they are not down yet. Fished at playlinda today and we slayed the whiting. Kept 23 big ones. Lots of blues out their too. Good luck and hopefully we figure it out haha...

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”