Jetty Park "fishing Reports" 2012

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
fishboy
Old Salt

Re: Jetty Park "fishing Reports" 2012

Post by fishboy »

I usually just toss the net a couple of times? what do you recommend? do you sabiki?

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Okay, i will definitely try this out!! I cannot wait to get out this weekend, the tides look good because the high tide is soon after sunset which usually means good fishing but it all depends...

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Oh crap I forgot all about that. I will probably be flounder fishing in the shallow flats you know what I am talking about so maybe they wont be there because the ribbons will stick to deeper water? Whatever happens it will be interesting eatpop ...I will make sure to post a report!

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Hitting the park tomorrow. Hopefully i get something... I heard it is windy out there so fingers crossed...

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Fished inshore most of the day yesterday. The spot i had been fishing inshore was sheltered so i thought the it was calm and i decided to hit the park. I only arrived at the park at around five. Fished the surf and the rocks for a couple of hours and managed two keeper snapper but it was ROUGH!! It seems the Wind from offshore has blown in the mullet because there was major pods all over the beach and in the inlet! When i first arrived there something was busting on the bait right in the middle of the inlet, and on the beach the pelicans were consistently diving on a pod from five till sunset. I had one bite on the beach which was probably a flounder but i pulled too fast. The guy next to me got a big Whiting... I stayed till 8:30 and from around 7:30 there were pods hugging the rocks and every now and then something would come up in the middle of the pod and smash them. I would have free-lined if not for the wind!! it was terrible. Your bait would be blown onto the rocks in a matter of seconds.

Opiato- Nice to meet you man!! How was the fishing on your side of the park? Did you see the mullet school once it got dark?

Jettypark28- I now know what you are talking about about the ribbon fish fisherman. I saw a couple of them around, but they were not around my area of the park they stuck to the pier more or less.

I might be at the park next weekend weather dependent so maybe i will see someone around... Good luck!! :dude:

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

im thinking about hitting up jetty park myself one day but thinking about bringing the kayak. do yall think i can catch something by dropping baits in the shipping channel and coming back to shore to wait for a bite? or is this a bad idea. always wanted to try it during a very rough day were boats dont go out but i dont know if its legal to do it and will i catch something if i use a blue crab, live mullet or even a big stingray chunk. and is rocks an issue out there.

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Rocks arentba big issue as far as snags go. Theres some out there, but not like si. Ive seen ppl yak out there before. Not dropping baits though. as for yakking out sum ray....it could produce, but u couldd also float it out if theres a wind from the southwest. Only problem is theres not really anywhere to land a big shark so ull prolly have to cut yer leader. Ps - dont try it on a fri or sat night. Too many other lines in the water.
Hey fishboy! Sounds like u had a better night than me. Spent a couple hours in the pier. Endured that harsh wind as long as I could tryin to have faith in jp sayin 'the rougher the better' but couldnt take it. So got sum dinner n hit the draw bridge for the first time. Much more comfortable. Looked fishy but no bites. Score for me was zero. Bait was live finger mullet n pinfish. Night time. Outgoing tide. Rough surf n winds. Think theyre done dredging.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

thanks for the info JP and opia.... i actually dont mind just dropping a half bluecrab and see what happens. i bet if i put a live mullet i could reach the bigger bull reds out there. as for sharking i believe there wont be much activity in there as suppose to months ago.

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

I had my surf rod so I was able to get my bait out to the middle, but nothing. Pinfish out in the middle and a finger mullet closer both on fish finders. But ill try it again next week.

SaltLife27
Seasoned Fisher

Post by SaltLife27 »

What's up guys. I usually fish piers down south and have go to spots but now I go to school in Orlando so I'm not familiar with the central east coast of FL. I'm looking to take advantage of the mullet run and get my gf hooked up on some Mack's, bluefish, jacks etc. would jetty park be able to provide this or should I look elsewhere like surf fishing or something?

pinoyboykev
Weekend Warrior

Post by pinoyboykev »

Jetty Park is good, also take a look at Sebastian Inlet.

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

If you are looking to fish the mullet run go now! It is on! Jetty park is nice, just takes a little bit of time to figure out...

yy007
Fisher

Post by yy007 »

I would listen what Jettypark says if I were you. Jetty Park is easier but expensive while SI is far to reach but more catching (for me). An easy day of fishing with some catch will hook your GF but don't expect that will last when your GF changes status.

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Heading to the park tomorrow, hopefully I catch some fish!! If anyone else is heading out let me know. I will post a report when I get back! :salut:

SaltLife27
Seasoned Fisher

Post by SaltLife27 »

I've already taken her fishing several times, she's already hooked lol. I just love fishing the mullet run and figured it would be a good time to take her to experience it also, im just not familiar with the area and didn't want to make the drive all the way out there and be disappointed. Thanks for the help guys :thumleft:

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Yesterday was pretty epic, i fished the park from 4:30 to 7:30. I caught one 12 inch snapper while free-lining shrimp, but then the tide started getting too low for them, so i fished for flounder. The mullet are pretty abundant in the port so it was easy to get some prime flounder baits. I hook up to one and get am about to land it but it spits the hook... oh well at least i know they are here.. Then my dad hooks up to a big fish, i am thinking slot red until he gets it near and then i see flounder!! big flounder!! after a lot of maneuvering i grabbed it and landed it. its the biggest we have caught on land, i think. It measured 22 inches and was fat!! So i am pumped now, throw out my line again and get a 13 inch flounder. Now we have something to eat so i want to try my luck at snook fishing. I didn't expect much since it was low-tide but i figured the fish might come in close anyway since it was sunset... Hooked up and in the first ten seconds i get two jumps and i am like WOW snook!! this thing is huge and i fight for a good 4-5 minutes while this fish tries to cross everyone's lines around me. Finally land it and i was disappointed... It was one of the largest lady-fish i have ever caught in my life!! it was minimum of 8-10 pounds and a good 27+ inches... It was an epic fight though, but not what i was looking for so i gave it away, and it was getting chilly out so we decided to leave. The fishing is on at the port, and the mullet run is going good! I will post the pictures later tonight of the snapper and the two flounder.... Good luck and post your reports!!

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Nice work dude! Got any pics of that big flounder? Thats funny bout the ladyfish story, cuz the exact same thing happened to me at si last night. huge ladyfish, even by si standards. Oh btw I know ill face sum ridicule for this, but u can eat em. I make sum coconut fish cakes outa them that r pretty rockin. Thats if they dont end up as bait :D

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

The fish
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Flounder
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

looks like a 4-5 lber. Finger mullet?

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Yeah, he was exactly four. And yeah, we used finger mullet to get the flounder

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Wow nice fish. Well I know how much u like your flounder, so enoy it man! :dude:

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”