Dania Pier Fishing Reports 2012 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
ricky9
Old Salt

Re: Dania Pier Fishing Reports 2012 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by ricky9 »

what the parking situation now? still pay at the meter?

ricky9
Old Salt

Post by ricky9 »

Went yesturday from 430-730pm. Seemed like there was a film crew or something going on.

Great weather, but clear water and little to no current. All i managed was a bluerunner on a gotcha and a bluefish after the sunset that broke off. Nobody around me was catching much either.

Btw there was a blonde hair/long goatee dude dropping a net into the water and bringing up small fishes and aquarium species. Is that even legal? He would drop it and check up on it every now and then.

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

ricky9 wrote: Btw there was a blonde hair/long goatee dude dropping a net into the water and bringing up small fishes and aquarium species. Is that even legal?
That depends on whether or not the goatee matched his blond hair. If the hair was dyed and not the goatee then no.

daplural
Weekend Warrior

Post by daplural »

:uplol:

avidangler
Fisher

Post by avidangler »

Going to The pier on nov. 10th. What are you guys catching. Are the Spanish mackerel good now. I will be using an x rap diver and a few spoons and jigs.

ricky9
Old Salt

Post by ricky9 »

Poseidon10/31 wrote:
ricky9 wrote: Btw there was a blonde hair/long goatee dude dropping a net into the water and bringing up small fishes and aquarium species. Is that even legal?
That depends on whether or not the goatee matched his blond hair. If the hair was dyed and not the goatee then no.
No problem. I can provide height and weight calculations if that helps for future reference :jocolor:

I went today from 430 to 600 and not much going on. Someone at the T caught a 16' mutton and thats about it really. I threw out xraps, jigs,gotchas and got nothing.

avidangler
Fisher

Post by avidangler »

Is there a lot of baitfish right now on the pier.

avidangler
Fisher

Post by avidangler »

What I mean is should I use live bait/ dead or artificials

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

Fished today from 8 am till 2 pm.I was lucky to have my friend who caught some live bait in the creek behind the pier.We had live mullet and some pilchard.I had no luck till 1 pm when I caught 2 Mackerel 1 of them was a pretty decent size.My friend caught 3 vary nice Mack and I saw around 6 Mack's caught by others when I was there.Whit out the bait we would go home empty handed.Actually my friend had to ballyhoo and he sent them out on a balloon and they got hit after 15 min.2 small amber jack caught as well.

avidangler
Fisher

Post by avidangler »

Hey guys. Went to dania pier tonight. Also going in the morning. Fishing was really slow today. Caught 2 keeper bluefish. I fished until 8:00 when it had been dark for an hour. Fishe at the t of the pier and caught a 21"mangrove snapper. I will say how tommorow went.

avidangler
Fisher

Post by avidangler »

Went today at 4:30am. Only few fishermen on pier. Saw quite a few ribbonfish. Caught 1 bluefish, 1 ribbonfish, 2 small snappers and my son caught a nice spanish mack. Today was super slow. As far as i know my son caught the only spanish mack. Left at 9:00.

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

has there been bait (mullet or white) around DFP lately? havent seen any at anglins and the fishing was slow today there as well, hopefully tomorrow is better

avidangler
Fisher

Post by avidangler »

I put out a sabiki rig for the pilchards and looked for the baitfish but there were none whatsoever. What I used for live bait was shrimp and I caught some really small grunts by the pier. Grunts didn't produce but the shrimp caught a few small snappers. Artificials didn't work. I used frozen mullet and squid and my son caught the macks and bluefish on a piece of squid stuffed with cut mullet. Deadly combo.

Dragon
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Dragon »

Went Kayaking today behind the pier, then ended up at Quarterdeck. While we were there for about 1 hour, there were 6 Bluefish caught on chunk baits right behind the restaurant. All were about 2 pounds...

miami_mutton
Fisher

Post by miami_mutton »

Thanks for the report. Are the cutlass fish still around?
Dragon wrote:Went Kayaking today behind the pier, then ended up at Quarterdeck. While we were there for about 1 hour, there were 6 Bluefish caught on chunk baits right behind the restaurant. All were about 2 pounds...

dmiles312
Fisher

Post by dmiles312 »

Went fishing yesterday nothing till around 11:30 the amber jacks started to hit i had one then peoples lines started getting on mine so then lost the fish. :mad:

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

SaltyDog wrote:Man i missed the amberjack run :roll:
:cheers: Stand by for the YFT's - Should be though anytime now....
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

lunkers24/7
Fisher

Post by lunkers24/7 »

has anyone seen any bait at dania?

soflafisher185
Fisher

Post by soflafisher185 »

Has anyone had luck here lately?

dmiles312
Fisher

Post by dmiles312 »

Went fishing today and got there at 10:30 it was pretty good had 2 spanish macks but others were cathching more but yeah a pretty good day . :cheers: :cheers:

soflafisher185
Fisher

Post by soflafisher185 »

dmiles312 wrote:Went fishing today and got there at 10:30 it was pretty good had 2 spanish macks but others were cathching more but yeah a pretty good day . :cheers: :cheers:
How do you go about catching the macks at the pier? Never done that kind of fishing. Also what else are people catching there?

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

Nobody reporting the school of kings that came thru last week??
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

I caught my first off Anglins last week on a fishfinder rig w/ 5 oz weight, 3+ ft of 50lb leader and a live sand perch. Had a second bite also on live sand perch, but didn't land the second. Another guy was freelining live shrimp and caught a couple. I'd say live bait is the key unless you are able to cast lures all day until they decide to show.

Xpierrat
Old Salt

Post by Xpierrat »

GO4EM wrote:Nobody reporting the school of kings that came thru last week??
sushhhhh!!!! it never happned
Rick

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

Xpierrat wrote:

what do you mean they were all solid 18lbs

it was a sick day joel caught one a freelined cuddle fish he had out from the night befor trying to fish for the ellusive ribbon fish

crazy freaking day still kicking myself in the arse for missing it
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

gruntking wrote:
Xpierrat wrote:

what do you mean they were all solid 18lbs

it was a sick day joel caught one a freelined cuddle fish he had out from the night befor trying to fish for the ellusive ribbon fish

crazy freaking day still kicking myself in the arse for missing it
Well.I went to the pier today and met Mark.He told me about the King Fish Run.The 1 that never happened.1 of the kids took a king to the pier and a bunch of guys took a picture with the same king fish.I met a guy on tuesday in the Dania pier parking lot and he told me the whole story about all of them catching big King's and some one caught a 42 pound yellow Fin Tuna.
And Dominick caught a Cobia as well.Well Mark was surprised to hear that as well.I will go to the pier saturday to talk to Chaz coz he supposed to have all the pictures from that king fish run.
I really wonder if any one here on the site was there last saturday?

keepinitreel
Seasoned Fisher

Post by keepinitreel »

Going tonight I will let you guys know what happens just called hurd blues are biting but Im going to get me a big grover

keepinitreel
Seasoned Fisher

Post by keepinitreel »

keepinitreel wrote:Going tonight I will let you guys know what happens just called hurd blues are biting but Im going to get me a big grover
the night was slow few blues and little sharks but the bite was on fire with live bait for Macs

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

My cousin saw someone on facebook with the pics of the kings. I'll see if I can get it. Malibu thanks!
eatpop
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”