Palm Beach Surf Fishing Reports 2011-2012 "Reports Only"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Palm Beach Surf Fishing Reports 2011-2012 "Reports Only"

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Thanks for your reports
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Palm Beach Surf Fishing Reports 2011 "Reports Only"

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Is this a new thread for surf fishing. Cool! I'm gonna fish Tuesday Wednesday weather permiting.

horsemin
Weekend Warrior

Post by horsemin »

I fished Sunday morning in Juno from 7-11 and did not get a bite. Pomps are hit or miss this time of year so if I catch any I will post right away.

inshoreguy
Weekend Warrior

Post by inshoreguy »

Fished the beach up at Hobe Sound yesturday morning. Only had one bite but caught I really nice Pompano :-) Other bit of good news is that I caught plenty of fleas in the surf for the first time this year.

Good Luck to all.

horsemin
Weekend Warrior

Post by horsemin »

I caught about 20 fleas too - not bad for Juno this time of year. Do you fish at the Park at the end of bridge road. I have had good luck there in the past with pomps and some nice whiting too.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Eating dorito's any good? I'm on the beach in south county and lost three spinners within the first 30 minutes here. Even had one on the bait rod. But are Dorito's any good to eat.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Really though, I hit my beach in South County tonight right at sundown ultra low tide to kill some time. Only tied one rig for the Fin-nor 9500 spinning surf shark rod, plus brought a bait rod. Bait rod went out first, a 12 foot surf rod with a Stradic 6000 with 30# braid with only a 30# leader. Beach shark rod got slung out next. The minute the shark rod went into the spike the bait rod started smokin!!! Surpisingly the leader was not cut, fish came unstuck. Right after I reeled the bait rod in the shark rod went off. It was fish on for sure. He peeled off about 200yards of line and I felt I had him, but he cut me off on the 60#shock leader either tail whipped or hit a reef. Jumped one more spinner on the shark rod and had another mystery fish on the bait rod again. This all went down in about 3 hours. :toast:
Last edited by Boca Jetty Rat on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miamipescador »

Thanks for the report, youll get em next time.

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

Thanks for the report BJR

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

I think the shark I had on and broke off was way bigger than I was intending to catch with my still frozen head half of a blue runner. My rig was tied solid just to short. I think I'm going to have to go with a 80# shock leader for the cast. Hope it will cast. :toast:

JWORM904
Weekend Warrior

Post by JWORM904 »

Went and fished inshore Boca area that a friend of mine told me that he used to catch a bunch of Snook at this evening for about an hour at dusk. Went to the spot with only one lure, Catch 2000 by Mirrolure Mullet Pattern. Thirty minutes in, my drag starts screaming. Initially saw a tail, thought it was a Tarpon; However it never showed itself during the first few minutes of the fight, so I ruled out Tarpon. 15 minutes later landed at least, 15 lb Snook. When I was reviving it for the release I could barely get two hands around the tail. People fishing across the Intracoastel started yelling, I had an adrenalin rush for 10+ minutes after the release. Bait was getting busted everywhere. Landed a 5 lb by-catch Cuda also. Found the spot using google earth. Gonna bring camera in a backpack tomorrow morn to get pictures. Big Snook everywhere. My friend hooked into one which took him into the channel, 5 minutes in broke the barb off trebel.

coolcow
Seasoned Fisher

Post by coolcow »

Keep that bridge on lock, worm.

Swordslayer71
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Swordslayer71 »

Jworm as much as I'd love to find out where that spot is, I would definitely not post it publicly....there are so many lurkers on this site it's not even funny. If you post it publicly don't be surprised if there are 20 people there the next day.....nice job on the snook though and thanks for the reports. :toast:
Hold Fast

Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL

Post by Sirsnookalot »

When I don't care to share my fishing spots I just don't post any info on what I caught. I share just about all of my spots, only a handful of places to fish the ICW with public access, so everyone already knows them.

JWORM904
Weekend Warrior

Post by JWORM904 »

See you their then

Harpmanr
Old Salt

Post by Harpmanr »

I have several Palm Beach spots that have produced well in the past . Anybody catching anything?
"Life is a gift from God. Fish it as much as possible." "The happier you are, the happier you become."

Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL

Post by Sirsnookalot »

Doing ok considering it's winter. Been catching some snook in the icw before dawn and even produced on the incoming. Caught a beach snook yesterday morning, with a decent ground swell and east winds decent jacks have been coming in on occasion. Cudas are being caught, mostly on tubes.

Bluefish in ny
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Bluefish in ny »

When I don't care to share my fishing spots I just don't post any info on what I caught. I share just about all of my spots, only a handful of places to fish the ICW with public access, so everyone already knows them.
DING DING DING... We have ourselves a winner ladies and gentleman.. Thank you - thank you!!!!

Did our parents not teach us how to be 'human being"... mine did...

IF you are not willing to share info, than dont post.... Honestly gentlemen, Ive been a member of several forms for several years, dating back to 99. As a "test", ive posted good results and their exact locations... several times... and not once did I have a problem with guys crowding me in. I can guarantee you, that the people that lurk, are not going to jump out of their chairs off their computers to go and hit your spot that you caught a few snook off of. If they are actively searching forums, chances are they are active fisherman and have their own spots... Chances are that if they are willling to surf the web, and look for forums, they are just as willing to look at Google Earth and find their own spots....And if you think for a minute, that you have "discovered" a bridge that holds snook, and its a spot that nobody knows about... You are smoking something that I may want some of! Its a bridge, ummm... cars drive over it.

Its as simple as this for me... If things are a dime a dozen, or if they are just common knowledge, I post the reports... if not for example...If Sirsnookalot took me to a snapper hole he had on the ICW, and we killed the snapper - meat fishing, Id simply not post it! I dont want peeps to know... If I go to Delray beach in August, and catch 8 snook in the morning off the beach... id post it, because it is pretty much common knowledge that snook eat off the beaches in the summer.... If I hit a pond in Weston and catch a crapload of peas and largemouth.. Ill post it, as 99% of the lakes out there hold craploads of peas and largemouth... If I found a lake out in weston that holds tarpon, and I jump 3 in a morning.. Im not posting it...
My posts are just my opinion... Gathered from my research and my experiences in this passion we all share.. Dont hate if my opinion differs from yours... We all have opinions just like butt holes

JWORM904
Weekend Warrior

Post by JWORM904 »

Blue fish; must be nice to be able to fish from a boat as your picture shows.

coolcow
Seasoned Fisher

Post by coolcow »

Ding ding! Like a winning a game show. Awesome. I can also assure you I'm human. Now that that's been cleared up: I've posted reports with locations and people DO show up. It's definitely a learning experience. Maybe saying it's a bridge was in jest and less than truthful. However, I have given good info publicly and sent pm's to people when I know they are those whom contribute. If you'd rather people not post reports with given locations, we'd have even less reports than we have now. It must be an issue if there is a fishing reports contest (which does not require location, by the way). The piers are publicly known and we don't usually see reports until after the bite is done if at all. Main point: maybe don't complain when the exact locale is not given (you know it anyway) and be happy that there is a report.

Bluefish in ny
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Bluefish in ny »

jworm... Boat? 95% of my fishing trips were boatless! Make that 99%. The pic of the red was in a friends boat up in Banana River

Coolcow.... I hear where you are coming from... I feel Boatless Forum is a smaller community if you will... And the peeps I have "ran into" seem pretty hardcore and pretty willing to share info.... So with that said, if I have a spot that I feel is a honey hole, and I tear them up, rather than reporting out that I killed them, and 'nah nah nah nah, you Im not telling you where :P ' I just dont report it. I come to these forums to learn what is biting and where, more reliable than the newspaper or bait shop reports.... I come here to learn techniques, new and old, and when I learn from Angler A that he tore up the snook last night in the ICW around Boca.... Im going to report back when I tear up the snook at a bridge in Lake Worth.....Just sayin'.... Remember, the guy looking to feed his family with underslot snook is probably not monitoring Boatless fishing forum, or any forum for that matter...
My posts are just my opinion... Gathered from my research and my experiences in this passion we all share.. Dont hate if my opinion differs from yours... We all have opinions just like butt holes

JWORM904
Weekend Warrior

Post by JWORM904 »

Bluefish...... Just like I told snookalot. See you their!

Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL

Post by Sirsnookalot »

I have shared info with many people on this site and those same people have shared info with me. As I fish early morning people really don't show up, can't speak for the evening crew of fisherman. My non reported information are from areas that I'm
"sneaking" into and I don't want the noise from cast nets, radios and other disturbances...just so I don't get kicked out of a place where I'm not really allowed anyway.
Beaches, ICW public locations, bridges and the like are open to all, I have no qualms giving info regarding those spots. I fish 7 days a week and catch my share, without the need to brag, my posts are intended to help others, not boast.
Don't worry JWORM, I seldom fish Boca and never in the evening.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Bluefish in ny wrote:I feel Boatless Forum is a smaller community if you will... And the peeps I have "ran into" seem pretty hardcore and pretty willing to share info....
Not as small as you think..yes there is a relatively small group of people that consistently post reports, but there are over 4100 members, that is a lot of "lurkers" who read reports and look for spots and never contribute to the forum. When Tommy posted that notification last month that people with 0 posts would be deleted, I was amazed how many people came out of the woodwork asking not to be deleted..people that had been members for 3,4 years and never posted.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Good point on the 4100 members, where do you get that number I'll bet it's more. I hit the beach last nite and caught two blue runners for bait today. A shark crew was quick to get on the beach and set up same time I got there, I don't think they stayed long no more than an hour. Can the jelly fish not go away already. Popped a million last nite and am now impervious to man o war jelly stings on my feet.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Boca Jetty Rat wrote:Good point on the 4100 members, where do you get that number I'll bet it's more. .
If you go to the main page of the forum, where the online members, birthdays, etc are, it shows how many registered members there are.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

man are we getting off topic. this is suppose to be surf reports only. :mrgreen:
so are there any croakers in the surf. or did my pales scare them all off. lol

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

I've gotten a few small ones recently. A guy next to me got a huge one (thought it was a redfish) at McArthur a while ago

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Blue runners last night that was it. Plenty of Calico crabs.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

do ppl eat calico crabs?

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”